Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1. Soxa's Avatar
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 pro x64
       3 Weeks Ago #1581

    the only thing i dont get why realtek isnt updating there website did they abandon there drivers ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    3 Weeks Ago #1582

    Think so , coz latest is from 2017 , faaaar away.............
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    3 Weeks Ago #1583

    Soxa said: View Post
    Strange 8560 sounds better on my system

    Sounds fine for me as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,577
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       3 Weeks Ago #1584

    Using build 8560 here as well, very happy with it so far
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 312
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       3 Weeks Ago #1585

    Soxa said: View Post
    the only thing i dont get why realtek isnt updating there website did they abandon there drivers ?
    pietcorus2 said: View Post
    Think so , coz latest is from 2017 , faaaar away.............

    not really folks. the R2.82 (8186) driver from Realtek web site is for older systems made before mid-2017.
    Realtek only released newer drivers after 2017 (both traditional HDA and newer UAD ones) to motherboard makers & PC/OEM manufacturers (and sometimes thru MUC). so far, no new HDA nonUAD drivers from MS Update Catalog since 8544 - only 8549, 8551 & 8558 UAD drivers are available from MUC but not the HDA ones.

    8560 UAD (not HDA) works fine for my Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board running Win10 v1803 (I'm not updating it to v1809 due to a bunch of problems with that version). all my other machines still use 8551 HDA (nonUAD) and will update these when 8570 or higher comes out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    2 Weeks Ago #1586

    Ohoho said: View Post
    How did You do that? I can't even install this 8558, because at beggining of installation im receiving error message "no driver was supported in this driver package"
    My motherboard is MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON which use ALC1220 + nahimic
    Pretty sure these guys are all using stuff for older gear, I too haven't found anything that works with ALC1220
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Soxa's Avatar
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 pro x64
       2 Weeks Ago #1587

    Globespy said: View Post
    Pretty sure these guys are all using stuff for older gear, I too haven't found anything that works with ALC1220
    try 8560 driver HDA cause UAD doesnt work for me either i have an older motherboard z170 pro gaming
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    2 Weeks Ago #1588

    seems to be issues with new version of asus sonic studio from windows store.

    it updated and nahimicsvc32.exe started crashing repealty and was passing debug dmp file location to clipboard causing clipboard to be useless. because I couldnt copy and past anything in docs/notepade because it would pass the dmp file location to docs instead.

    I was using august nahimic drivers from windows catalog
    I had to switch to july version instead the crashes and clipboard issue went away.

    I posted this in case someone else is having this issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 312
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       2 Weeks Ago #1589

    Soxa said: View Post
    the only thing i dont get why realtek isnt updating there website did they abandon there drivers ?
    pietcorus2 said: View Post
    Think so , coz latest is from 2017 , faaaar away.............
    a little history lesson for you Soxa & pietcorus2: there was a time when Realtek took almost 1 & 1/2 years (almost 18 months) between releasing certain general all-purpose HDA drivers on their web site. take for instance v6.0.1.7541 (R2.79) and v6.0.1.8004 (R2.80). the "R2.79" version was released near the end of June 2015 and the "R2.80" version was released in early December 2016. I remember all of this.

    Unrelated note: for those using certain Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 3 laptops, here is the customized v6.0.1.8551 HDA/SST (non-UAD) driver with Dolby DAX3 software from the Lenovo web site, which fixes a certain APO crash with the Realtek audio driver, mentioned in its release notes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Soxa's Avatar
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 pro x64
       2 Weeks Ago #1590

    erpster4 said: View Post
    a little history lesson for you Soxa & pietcorus2: there was a time when Realtek took almost 1 & 1/2 years (almost 18 months) between releasing certain general all-purpose HDA drivers on their web site. take for instance v6.0.1.7541 (R2.79) and v6.0.1.8004 (R2.80). the "R2.79" version was released near the end of June 2015 and the "R2.80" version was released in early December 2016. I remember all of this.

    Unrelated note: for those using certain Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 3 laptops, here is the customized v6.0.1.8551 HDA/SST (non-UAD) driver with Dolby DAX3 software from the Lenovo web site, which fixes a certain APO crash with the Realtek audio driver, mentioned in its release notes.
    @Erpster : tbh i dont know about all that, it was question and i was wondering why
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:52.
Find Us