Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    22 Nov 2016 #1561

    DooGie said: View Post
    Version 6.0.1.7989 is now available for download from the Microsoft Update Catalog, 64-bit only at the moment.

    Sort by Last updated or Version.

    Microsoft Update Catalog
    Thanks!
    If anyone updates, let me know how it is in terms of sound?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 Nov 2016 #1562

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    What driver did you install ?

    Cheers,
    I don't know what version it is. It's the latest on their website for win10 x64
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       22 Nov 2016 #1563

    For those who want 1) only Realtek HD audio drivers in their result list and 2) no missing previous (and possibly future) drivers, such as 7982, may I suggest to use this link instead ?

    MS may change the category name, Realtek may even change their company name, who knows, but they won't change their vendor code. It's the only thing that's defined by technical specification.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Nov 2016 #1564

    Hi,

    Note8 said: View Post
    I don't know what version it is. It's the latest on their website for win10 x64
    I think this is what you have :

    Realtek ALC3234-CG

    Maybe it's best to download and install the latest package from Dell ?

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    22 Nov 2016 #1565

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    I think this is what you have :

    Realtek ALC3234-CG

    Maybe it's best to download and install the latest package from Dell ?

    Cheers,
    Well, when I search for audio drivers on Dell's website, that's the only option I have, the Realtek drivers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    22 Nov 2016 #1566

    Hi,

    Note8 said: View Post
    Well, when I search for audio drivers on Dell's website, that's the only option I have, the Realtek drivers
    This one should work:

    Audio_Driver_J0MW4_WN32_6.0.1.7525_A00.EXE

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,092
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       22 Nov 2016 #1567

    NovHak said: View Post
    For those who want 1) only Realtek HD audio drivers in their result list and 2) no missing previous (and possibly future) drivers, such as 7982, may I suggest to use this link instead ?

    MS may change the category name, Realtek may even change their company name, who knows, but they won't change their vendor code. It's the only thing that's defined by technical specification.
    Thanks again for the search parameters. I actually bookmarked the link last night when you posted it then when i did a search this morning I forgot all about using the one you posted
    Think I'll use it in the future though as it keeps all the Realtek HD drivers together with no interlopers cropping up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Nov 2016 #1568

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    This one should work:

    Audio_Driver_J0MW4_WN32_6.0.1.7525_A00.EXE

    Cheers,
    Nope, still doesn't work
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,092
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       22 Nov 2016 #1569

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Thanks!
    If anyone updates, let me know how it is in terms of sound?
    I'll let you know later, as I said in an earlier post I tried build 7989 at the weekend but didn't like them. However the package I used had Dolby and other stuff I don't use so I'll see how 7989 from MUC sounds
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       22 Nov 2016 #1570

    @Note8, so we can assume you already tried this driver from Dell's website ?

    Alternatively, fdegrove is suggesting this one, though I don't know why since it's the same Realtek version number and aimed at Inspiron 5445/5545 models.

    Searching on the net, I found other people complaining about their Apple earbuds/earpods not working since upgrading to Windows 10, and it looks like a long standing issue.

    Did you try looking at the different recording devices available on your system ? Right-click the speaker icon at the bottom right on the taskbar, recording devices. Make sure disabled and disconnected devices show up too, by right-clicking in the window that pops up and choosing the appropriate options. You can then enable some if necessary, and look at their properties too. The levels tab in particular may be worth a look...

    Ultimately, you can try using the MS HD audio driver instead of Realtek's.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53.
Find Us