Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 1,598
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.296
       21 Nov 2016 #1541

    Tonyb said: View Post
    is build 7986 any good guys???

    I've only listened for about twenty minutes but to me they sound good. Very like 7982 with possibly a bit more bass

    I wish Microsoft would stick to using one description for Realtek drivers on the MUC, I'd been checking a couple of times a day for new drivers and missed these because they had changed their description of them. I'm going to end up with a line of buttons on my Bookmarks toolbar all relating to searches on the MUC using different parameters
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       21 Nov 2016 #1542

    DooGie said: View Post
    I wish Microsoft would stick to using one description for Realtek drivers on the MUC, I'd been checking a couple of times a day for new drivers and missed these because they had changed their description of them. I'm going to end up with a line of buttons on my Bookmarks toolbar all relating to searches on the MUC using different parameters
    @DooGie, try the following search term : HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

    Tell me if you notice some missing drivers with this one, but it's likely the most compact and comprehensive search term. I derived it from my hardware identification data which one can find with the device manager, it was initially HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_15587481, I just removed everything that follows the vendor code. I suppose you'll get the same search term if you perform the same procedure on your hardware.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 Nov 2016 #1543

    DooGie said: View Post
    I've only listened for about twenty minutes but to me they sound good. Very like 7982 with possibly a bit more bass

    I wish Microsoft would stick to using one description for Realtek drivers on the MUC, I'd been checking a couple of times a day for new drivers and missed these because they had changed their description of them. I'm going to end up with a line of buttons on my Bookmarks toolbar all relating to searches on the MUC using different parameters
    Cool! Will update asap.
    Curious to know what you typed in the search to find it? That link was passed on to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 Pro 15063.332
       21 Nov 2016 #1544

    I get an error when using DISM to install the cab file.

    C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"E:\Users\RMT\Downloads\62097e62-fe5c-4c24-b3b6-5aa8a9bba821_3b20a5668010409228dd80533b0f84f7a5d82b2b.cab"
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0
    Image Version: 10.0.14393.0
    An error occurred trying to open - E:\Users\RMT\Downloads\62097e62-fe5c-4c24-b3b6-5aa8a9bba821_3b20a5668010409228dd80533b0f84f7a5d82b2b.cab Error: 0x80070002
    Error: 2
    The system cannot find the file specified.

    Any clues what I am doing wrong?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,598
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.296
       21 Nov 2016 #1545

    NovHak said: View Post
    @DooGie, try the following search term : HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

    Tell me if you notice some missing drivers with this one, but it's likely the most compact and comprehensive search term. I derived it from my hardware identification data which one can find with the device manager, it was initially HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_15587481, I just removed everything that follows the vendor code. I suppose you'll get the same search term if you perform the same procedure on your hardware.

    Thank you, that works fine
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,598
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.296
       21 Nov 2016 #1546

    tracit99 said: View Post
    I get an error when using DISM to install the cab file.

    C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"E:\Users\RMT\Downloads\62097e62-fe5c-4c24-b3b6-5aa8a9bba821_3b20a5668010409228dd80533b0f84f7a5d82b2b.cab"
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0
    Image Version: 10.0.14393.0
    An error occurred trying to open - E:\Users\RMT\Downloads\62097e62-fe5c-4c24-b3b6-5aa8a9bba821_3b20a5668010409228dd80533b0f84f7a5d82b2b.cab Error: 0x80070002
    Error: 2
    The system cannot find the file specified.

    Any clues what I am doing wrong?
    For the Realtek .cab files I've found it best to ignore the DISM command and also having an install in the context menu. They don't work!
    Easiest way is to create a new directory (name it whatever you want) then use an app such as winRAR or 7-Zip to unpack the .cab file to that directory.
    Next open up Device Manager and go to Sound, video and game controller, double click it and you'll see Realtek High Definition Audio. Right click on that entry and select Update Driver Software, select Browse my computer for driver software. You'll then see a search box with a browse button next to it, just browse to the directory where you unpacked the .cab file then click next and the driver will install.
    Hope the above is of some help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,598
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.296
       21 Nov 2016 #1547

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Cool! Will update asap.
    Curious to know what you typed in the search to find it? That link was passed on to me.
    Yes, I typed in Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA

    Just open the link that was passed on to you in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ and you will see it
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 346
    Windows 10 Pro 15063.332
       21 Nov 2016 #1548

    DooGie said: View Post
    For the Realtek .cab files I've found it best to ignore the DISM command and also having an install in the context menu. They don't work!
    Easiest way is to create a new directory (name it whatever you want) then use an app such as winRAR or 7-Zip to unpack the .cab file to that directory.
    Next open up Device Manager and go to Sound, video and game controller, double click it and you'll see Realtek High Definition Audio. Right click on that entry and select Update Driver Software, select Browse my computer for driver software. You'll then see a search box with a browse button next to it, just browse to the directory where you unpacked the .cab file then click next and the driver will install.
    Hope the above is of some help.
    Thanks DooGie. I never thought about that method. While I was waiting for a response I found another download over on Station Drivers. Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) R2.8x (7989) WHQL+Dolby and just installed it. I will keep your method in mind for future cab driver updates.

    edit: This download was 371MB and was compressed (over 1GB after extraction). However it did include both x86 and x64 for those who may be interested.
    Last edited by tracit99; 21 Nov 2016 at 17:42.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Nov 2016 #1549

    Hi,

    Easiest way is to create a new directory (name it whatever you want) then use an app such as winRAR or 7-Zip to unpack the .cab file to that directory.
    No need for any third party software to extract .cab files.
    Double click the file, select all files, right click and choose extract to the folder of your choice.

    Good to hear this version sounds good.


    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,598
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.296
       21 Nov 2016 #1550

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    No need for any third party software to extract .cab files.
    Double click the file, select all files, right click and choose extract to the folder of your choice.

    Good to hear this version sounds good.


    Cheers,
    Correct fdegrove, I think it's more a case of always using WinRAR to unpack .cab files but as you say you can now double click them and select Extract. Thanks for the reminder
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43.
Find Us