Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    21 Sep 2018 #1441

    8541 = 8531, I'm sticking with 8541
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Sep 2018 #1442

    For anyone who's downloaded the generic version of HDA 6.0.1.8541, have you noticed that there are less files than previous updates (306 vs 319) and that IceSound is still included?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 09-21-18 at 03.24 PM.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	205016
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 312
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       21 Sep 2018 #1443

    asturias7 said: View Post
    For anyone who's downloaded the generic version of HDA 6.0.1.8541, have you noticed that there are less files than previous updates (306 vs 319) and that IceSound is still included?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 09-21-18 at 03.24 PM.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	205016
    ICESound is still supported on certain ASUS laptops like X550VX/X550VXK which use Realtek audio hardware ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10431130&REV_1000" - I think I helped someone with this in the SR forum many weeks ago who owns such a laptop from asus

    I'm staying with 8531 HDA on many of my computers as I found no audio differences in newer versions. MS has listed 8536 recently but that one is a UAD/SST driver for certain Lenovo computers. Waiting for Realtek to reach the 8550 series which will be fully compatible with RS5 (1809) version of Win10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Sep 2018 #1444

    erpster4 said: View Post
    ICESound is still supported on certain ASUS laptops like X550VX/X550VXK which use Realtek audio hardware ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10431130&REV_1000" - I think I helped someone with this in the SR forum many weeks ago who owns such a laptop from asus

    I'm staying with 8531 HDA on many of my computers as I found no audio differences in newer versions. MS has listed 8536 recently but that one is a UAD/SST driver for certain Lenovo computers. Waiting for Realtek to reach the 8550 series which will be fully compatible with RS5 (1809) version of Win10
    Thanks for the info erpster.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 312
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       22 Sep 2018 #1445

    also the reason why 8541 generic HDA driver has less files is because the "amd_HAP*.sbin" files (ex. amd_HAP_CopyPlugin.sbin) have been removed in this version - these are only installed with some Realtek audio devices and were mentioned in the HDXHAP4.inf and HDXHAPHPNB.INF files in previous versions
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 312
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       24 Sep 2018 #1446

    D4ni3l said: View Post
    MS Update Catalog now lists 8531 as an 8.0Mb only UAD driver download (MS has removed the 139Mb 8531 HDA download from the catalog searches but the actual cab download should still be available; grrrrrrrrrr...)

    but at least the 6.0.1.8522 HDA 139Mb download is still listed in MUC
    speaking of 8522, Microstar International [MSI] posted their version on their web site (an HDA, nonUAD driver) for non-gaming MSI motherboards
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Sep 2018 #1447

    What's with the 8539 update?
    6.0.1.8539

    I read somewhere that it is for the “HP .inf driver only”...???
    Is this a UAD driver?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    25 Sep 2018 #1448

    " 8541 = 8531, I'm sticking with 8541 "..............agree , seems ( lately) every new UAD-update is better then previous......!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    26 Sep 2018 #1449

    pietcorus2 said: View Post
    " 8541 = 8531, I'm sticking with 8541 "..............agree , seems ( lately) every new UAD-update is better then previous......!
    I'm not using UAD, but HDA only.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 x64 1803
       27 Sep 2018 #1450
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42.
Find Us