Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,341
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       10 Sep 2018 #1411

    Ryoken said: View Post
    It's a generic code, cause MS doesn't like giving people specific errors lol
    Which is why I'm hoping someone here has the solution
    There will be someone here who can help, I'm sorry I can't
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    4 Weeks Ago #1412

    Ryoken said: View Post
    Attempting to install Realtek Audio Control from the MS Store ( Here ) so I actually have some control.
    Someone suggested this... don't know if it will be of any help or use to you...


    • Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    4 Weeks Ago #1413

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Someone suggested this... don't know if it will be of any help or use to you...


    • Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    No joy, same error.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    4 Weeks Ago #1414

    Ryoken said: View Post
    No joy, same error.
    https://i.imgur.com/p4nOTYJ.png
    extract the .8522 cab file and install those drivers using device manager. make sure to install it to each realtek device available like in the image i linked. afterwards, reboot the computer and try to open the Realtek UWP app.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    4 Weeks Ago #1415

    Gr3yStar said: View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/p4nOTYJ.png
    extract the .8522 cab file and install those drivers using device manager. make sure to install it to each realtek device available like in the image i linked. afterwards, reboot the computer and try to open the Realtek UWP app.
    I don't have the 'Software components' devices at all (Except an Intel Graphics one). Just the normal sound card, which shows up as 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. As with previous times, installing those drivers and rebooting, still no joy. Even tried DUU to ensure there was no trace of previous drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Pro RS4 x64
       4 Weeks Ago #1416

    Ryoken said: View Post
    I don't have the 'Software components' devices at all (Except an Intel Graphics one). Just the normal sound card, which shows up as 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. As with previous times, installing those drivers and rebooting, still no joy. Even tried DUU to ensure there was no trace of previous drivers.
    I'll try to help, step by step.

    - download the 8480 from MSI that you already had
    - download the last (v18) DDU from Wagnard, since it has RTK cleanup (tested it and it works)
    - reboot to Safe Mode (make sure you have PC/Windows password and anything needed if required)
    - either block access to driver on WU (DDU should be able to do it), or remove the Internet cable/WiFi etc.
    - use DDU. Clean Audio>Realtek. Reboot normally.
    - install the 8480 driver you downloaded from MSI (Realtek HD Universal Driver Version 6.0.1.8480). From its Setup, NOT Device Manager, we want services installed.
    - reboot if/when the setup asks you to. There will probably be 2 reboots, maybe one. Just follow the instructions of the setup app.
    - after you have finished the setup process, download the UWP app from Microsoft. You can find the link in the Support>Utility tab for your MSI motherboard (Store Link)
    - install the UWP app, launch it and you should be fine

    If you get Store errors, there is a troubleshooting script for it in:
    Settings>Update&Security>Troubleshoot>Windows Store Apps

    Use that. If you need a Microsoft/Outlook account, well, just make one.

    If you performed modifications on your Windows, the type that plays with privacy settings and other such stuff (you know, "optimizing", preventing Windows to "call home", killing Cortana etc.), you'll have to revert all that. You want a clean Windows. I've seen numerous PCs with issues because of this stuff, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it (I disable some stuff myself), I'm saying you just need to know perfectly well what you can break.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    4 Weeks Ago #1417

    I have nothing blocking Windows from calling home here, hell as I mentioned earlier I'm on Redstone 5 (Fast Ring builds, though as I said said the current stable Windows 10 also failed)..

    Anyway, somehow, after messing with enough versions of drivers, one of them FINALLY installed the services. From there I installed the store app.. No real idea how, cause I wasn't always checking the Software components tab, but in the end it did. Too bad even after all that the biggest thing I wanted isn't apparently part of my Mobo/Realtek chick (Dolby Digital Live).. alas.. At least now I have the control panel lol.

    Previously I had installed the MSI drivers via setup.exe and got nada, so I donno what was going on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    4 Weeks Ago #1418

    Ryoken said: View Post
    I have nothing blocking Windows from calling home here, hell as I mentioned earlier I'm on Redstone 5 (Fast Ring builds, though as I said said the current stable Windows 10 also failed)..

    Anyway, somehow, after messing with enough versions of drivers, one of them FINALLY installed the services. From there I installed the store app.. No real idea how, cause I wasn't always checking the Software components tab, but in the end it did. Too bad even after all that the biggest thing I wanted isn't apparently part of my Mobo/Realtek chick (Dolby Digital Live).. alas.. At least now I have the control panel lol.

    Previously I had installed the MSI drivers via setup.exe and got nada, so I donno what was going on.
    I just got a MSI Laptop replaced and setup the last couple of days,every working fine, but tonight WU updated some A-Volute extensions and the Realtec APP and now the Realtec App no longer works ? so YMMV even if you do get it to work..... I should of blocked Hardware updates from WU by the look of it...

    Anyone have an idea on how to Roll UWP Apps back ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    4 Weeks Ago #1419

    6.0.1.8536 UAD drivers already available, while the HD Audio Drivers should (hopefully) be available soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    4 Weeks Ago #1420

    Ryoken said: View Post
    I don't have the 'Software components' devices at all (Except an Intel Graphics one). Just the normal sound card, which shows up as 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. As with previous times, installing those drivers and rebooting, still no joy. Even tried DUU to ensure there was no trace of previous drivers.
    The UWP app won't install or function without those software components. They usually show up there after you install the UAD driver. can you remove your old realtek driver once more, install .8522, then see if the three software components are there in device manager?

    Edit: https://i.imgur.com/mPXQc7m.png
    Just so we're on the same page, you are downloading the one highlighted like in my image?

    Edit 2: I just read your last post... guess that's what I get for waking up and immediately posting.
    Last edited by Gr3yStar; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:19.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.
Find Us