Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
As promised here is the Update after trying to install Driver 7950.
1) Ran the Disable Windows Driver Update file and then shut down and rebooted the laptop at which point I got a Memory Error message onscreen, after which the Desktop came up.
2) Then ran the Driver 7950 program which uninstalled 22.214.171.12430. Then requested a Restart which was OK but the subsequent Install failed.
3) Then went into Control Panel/All Devices/Sound and found that I had Speakers identified but no Headphones, which were there before. I then found the driver was Realtek and opening up 'Properties' also found that once again I was using 126.96.36.19930 while 'Driver Update/Roll Back/Disable/Uninstall' were all greyed out so could not be accessed.
However the 'Events' listing showed that the new driver had failed to be installed.
4) Having closed all the 'interrogation folders' and Control Panel down something else happened I am not sure what it was but I have ended up doing a 'System Restore' and having carried that out I am not sure if the Registry is included in the chosen date for the System Restore as having let it run and complete I am now getting a 'Watchdog' message and check at start up that seems to be DOS related, while I also wondered if it had anything to do with running the file on Disabling Driver Updates in Windows?
I must admit that I am becoming more convinced that HP have included something in this machine that is preventing a Realtek Driver Update unless it forms part of a Microsoft/Windows Update.
BIG Brother it seems is not only watching but now turning the screws to implement control as well!
Version 188.8.131.5254 is now up on the Microsoft Update Catalog. 64-bit and 32-bit.
Microsoft Update Catalog
Thank you DooGie. First post updated.
No problem Brink, it appears that Microsoft might have sorted out their recent problems with the MUC. The link works fine with IE11, Edge and Firefox. Not got any other browsers installed to try out.
Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
Driver Easy has a large driver database with the latest drivers. So It will provide you with the Windows 10 Realtek audio drivers. With Driver Easy, you can update your Realtek audio driver with just 2 clicks:
1. Click Scan Now button. Then Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect all problem drivers in your computer.
2. Click Update All button. Then Driver Easy will download and install all new and correct drivers for you. Alternatively, you can click the Update button to download and install the driver you need.
there is 4 versions which one do i download
Two of them are 64-bit versions which are 135.7 MB in size.
The 32-bit versions are 101.9 MB in size.
If you are running Windows 10 Anniversary edition then download the Anniversary builds, if running an earlier version then download Windows 10 and later ones.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, do you know if they support Windows 7 or 8, or is 10 only?
How do you install these cabinet files?
As far as I know they only support Windows 10.
If you want ones that support Windows 7 and upwards download these from the Realtek ftp server.
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ...
I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...