Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 3,970
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       03 Oct 2017 #1231

    asturias7 said: View Post
    *Update: I am sticking with 8261, sounds good to me.
    Waiting for DooGie to feel better so we can have his opinion.
    I'm sticking with 8261 as well asturias7 although I can't help feeling there's not as much detail there as 8258. However we're using cheap chipsets so it's never going to be Hi-Fi.
    Make the best of what we've got :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Oct 2017 #1232

    IntelliMoo said: View Post
    Why > numbers. :)

    haha, ok, any particular reasons? Will try it anyway.
    No other reason just plainly mentioned 8261 sound better than previous 8258. Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Oct 2017 #1233

    8261 has insane bass...
    Sounds muddier as well. I think it comes down to personal taste. 🤔
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Oct 2017 #1234

    BlackScout said: View Post
    8261 has insane bass...
    Sounds muddier as well. I think it comes down to personal taste.
    Yeh, the bass really went "up" again the last 2 or 3 versions. Other than that, doesn't sound overall that different than the last 2 versions to me, though while not as distinct as some previous ones it does seem to sound more "even" across the sound spectrum.

    Or maybe my ears are less clogged today...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    07 Oct 2017 #1235

    Realtek released a 6.0.1.9999 update, PG 4.39, that is also WHQL certified.
    They say it works for Windows 10, even though it's listed as being for Win 7...
    wonder if it will ever appear on MUC.
    Last edited by asturias7; 07 Oct 2017 at 14:51.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,970
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       07 Oct 2017 #1236

    I'm still using build 8261 asturias7 and now feeling they are good, yes the bass is pronounced but there is still a coherent feel to them.
    Realtek need to keep the bass the same in their next release but also add more upper and midrange detail :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    07 Oct 2017 #1237

    DooGie said: View Post
    I'm still using build 8261 asturias7 and now feeling they are good, yes the bass is pronounced but there is still a coherent feel to them.
    Realtek need to keep the bass the same in their next release but also add more upper and midrange detail :)
    Same here, haven't even bothered trying that 6.0.1.9999 release. And I agree, more detail should be re-introduced to everything else besides the turned up bass.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 1709 x64 Enterprise
       08 Oct 2017 #1238

    On the Windows 10 Fall Update not working Creative XI-FI mb 5 with Realtek drivers .Eq and enviromet applied but not worked.Driver changed to supply Creative in INF file.On Creators update all working fine with latest drivers.Sorry for my poor english.I'm from Russia
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    08 Oct 2017 #1239

    ffa1978 said: View Post
    On the Windows 10 Fall Update not working Creative XI-FI mb 5 with Realtek drivers .Eq and enviromet applied but not worked.Driver changed to supply Creative in INF file.On Creators update all working fine with latest drivers.Sorry for my poor english.I'm from Russia
    Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Uninstall them, reboot, reinstall.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    09 Oct 2017 #1240

    ffa1978 said: View Post
    On the Windows 10 Fall Update not working Creative XI-FI mb 5 with Realtek drivers .Eq and enviromet applied but not worked.Driver changed to supply Creative in INF file.On Creators update all working fine with latest drivers.Sorry for my poor english.I'm from Russia
    You need the specific driver on your motherboards webpage since it has that bundled with it. Would appear the latest version of the realtek driver doesnt work with that addon or it malfunctioned. You could try again after reinstalling yer motherboard manufactures driver first.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01.
Find Us