Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 Bit
       20 Jul 2018 #1151

    ehm but the version for the windows 7 operating system is v6.0.1.8186?

    no because on the net I saw another version that is v6.0.1.8470 but I have not yet figured out if it's only for windows 10 and even if it's official

    while for this version that I said before there is the problem that disappears the panel of settings of realtek

    and only if you reinstall the previous driver is restored

    is not there any way to fix this bug?

    thank you in advance
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 39
    Lastest 10 updated on Desktop and a Laptop.
       20 Jul 2018 #1152

    My system days Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, 6.0.1.785, 10/28/2017.
    It's awful, soft and scratchy with earphones or speakers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    20 Jul 2018 #1153

    ronny941 said: View Post
    ehm but the version for the windows 7 operating system is v6.0.1.8186?

    no because on the net I saw another version that is v6.0.1.8470 but I have not yet figured out if it's only for windows 10 and even if it's official

    while for this version that I said before there is the problem that disappears the panel of settings of realtek

    and only if you reinstall the previous driver is restored

    is not there any way to fix this bug?

    thank you in advance
    I have 2 PCs, one of them is still running Windows 7 x64, and these updates work just fine for it.
    Try updating and see if it works for you. 👍
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Jul 2018 #1154

    8491 > 8485
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Jul 2018 #1155

    khanmein said: View Post
    8491 > 8485
    Agreed. I've been listening to music for the past couple of hours and so far it's the best update. 👍
    Hopefully MUC will soon make it available.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 285
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       21 Jul 2018 #1156

    ronny941 said: View Post
    ehm but the version for the windows 7 operating system is v6.0.1.8186?

    no because on the net I saw another version that is v6.0.1.8470 but I have not yet figured out if it's only for windows 10 and even if it's official

    while for this version that I said before there is the problem that disappears the panel of settings of realtek

    and only if you reinstall the previous driver is restored

    is not there any way to fix this bug?

    thank you in advance
    ronny941, there's a v6.0.1.8397 driver from MS Update Catalog listed specifically for Windows 7, which you can try out.

    link to UUP dump of Realtek audio control UWP app (instead of downloading it directly from MS store) - requires UAD driver and UWP runtime packs
    link to UUP dump of HP audio control UWP app (instead of downloading it directly from MS store) - for modern Hewlett-Packard [HP] computers using Realtek UAD driver only, need UAD driver & UWP runtime packs
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,369
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       21 Jul 2018 #1157

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Agreed. I've been listening to music for the past couple of hours and so far it's the best update. 
    Hopefully MUC will soon make it available.

    So which build are you trying out asturias7, 8485 or 8491 ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    21 Jul 2018 #1158

    erpster4 said: View Post
    ronny941, there's a v6.0.1.8397 driver from MS Update Catalog listed specifically for Windows 7, which you can try out.
    I'm still on 7, and I don't see the point of the catalog tagging something as 7, or even as different 10 builds. The .cab for all different versions of 10 is the same file. The .inf inside the cab lists Vista as a supported OS.

    It's 1 cab for all OSes. You can see this with the 8397 build as an example, same cab for 7 and 10 alike.

    I suppose it's theoretically possible that MS runs some special tests to make sure it's nicer on 7, but somehow I doubt that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Jul 2018 #1159

    DooGie said: View Post
    So which build are you trying out asturias7, 8485 or 8491 ?
    8491, and everything sounds great (so far) to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    22 Jul 2018 #1160

    " 8491, and everything sounds great (so far) to me. "...............yes, agree !

    With FX-Soundenhancer and Dolby enabled even fabulous !
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47.
Find Us