Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 284
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       19 Jul 2018 #1141

    lakatoslaci43 said: View Post
    Yes the volume is too high on 6.0.1.8470 even at 10%, it almost hurts my eyes.
    I think you mean your ears instead of your eyes.

    try this 8459 UAD driver or the 8454 nonUAD (HDA) driver from Gigabyte, lakatoslaci43.

    I downloaded & installed different UAD drivers on my Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board.
    8470 & 8475 produced some louder audio on that Gigabyte board but installing 8485 and even the newest 8491 driver produced softer audio (8480 UAD does not support my Gigabyte board so I can't install that one). I lost the Realtek "environment" and equalizer (EQ) "sound effect" options with 8491 so I reverted back to using 8485.

    Note to Brink: MS just posted this 8475 x64 pack which is 140.1Mb and is a full featured HDA (nonUAD) driver. better late than never.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Wiley Coyote's Avatar
    Posts : 900
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
       19 Jul 2018 #1142

    Trying from the MS Store I keep getting this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	196450
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 284
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       19 Jul 2018 #1143

    Wiley Coyote said: View Post
    Trying from the MS Store I keep getting this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	196450
    that is a common problem which I experienced yesterday with my Gigabyte board running Win10 x64 Pro RS4 (v1803). try again the next day (or install an old version of the Realtek audio console app like v1.1.116.0 that mozilla343 mentioned and then try to "update" it from MS store). the download & install actually went thru this morning.

    remember, this app is still in beta so it may or may not download nor install with certain UAD driver versions
    the app will never, ever work with nonUAD (legacy HDA) realtek audio drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Wiley Coyote's Avatar
    Posts : 900
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
       19 Jul 2018 #1144

    Thanks for that. I'm not overly concerned by it, everything Realtek is still working like it always has.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    19 Jul 2018 #1145

    DooGie said: View Post
    I'm happy I'm not the only one who doesn't understand that
    haha Was just playing on khanmein's always cryptic driver "reviews."

    So in other words, 8480 sounded a bit lesser -- but otherwise fairly equal -- to the quality of 8475. And now....
    6.0.1.8485 > 6.0.1.8480 <= 6.0.1.8475

    So things have improved a bit again, but still doesn't feel quite like the goodness of 8475.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    20 Jul 2018 #1146

    erpster4 said: View Post

    Note to Brink: MS just posted this 8475 x64 pack which is 140.1Mb and is a full featured HDA (nonUAD) driver. better late than never.

    This driver pack contains the Conexant Audio Processing Object (CXAPO) integration files, suitable for several HP laptops.
    Good replacement for 6.0.1.8447
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 284
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       20 Jul 2018 #1147

    ddelo said: View Post
    This driver pack contains the Conexant Audio Processing Object (CXAPO) integration files, suitable for several HP laptops.
    Good replacement for 6.0.1.8447
    it's also for nearly any Realtek audio chipset used on not just HP laptops, but also on certain HP/Compaq AIO (all-in-one) desktop PCs as well. Speaking of Hewlett-Packard (HP), they did have a v6.0.1.8454 driver from the sp88578 package that does have the CXAPO files (release notes).

    IntelliMoo said: View Post
    haha Was just playing on khanmein's always cryptic driver "reviews."

    So in other words, 8480 sounded a bit lesser -- but otherwise fairly equal -- to the quality of 8475. And now....
    6.0.1.8485 > 6.0.1.8480 <= 6.0.1.8475

    So things have improved a bit again, but still doesn't feel quite like the goodness of 8475.
    sound was a little quieter with 8480 & above but only on the Gigabyte board using ALC892 audio chipset. mileage may vary as I get different results on another machines. no audio differences on my HP m8417c computer using ALC888S, ALC269 on the Sony and Toshiba laptops with 8480 & later as things seem to be the same with 8475 & older.

    and Microsoft still does not have 8480 & later Realtek audio drivers listed in MUC yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    20 Jul 2018 #1148

    erpster4 said: View Post
    it's also for nearly any Realtek audio chipset used on not just HP laptops, but also on certain HP/Compaq AIO (all-in-one) desktop PCs as well. Speaking of Hewlett-Packard (HP), they did have a v6.0.1.8454 driver from the sp88578 package that does have the CXAPO files (release notes).
    Right on!!!!
    Unfortunately for my laptop, HP suggests 6.0.1.7944, a not so good driver!!!! So I update it manually either from MUC or other sites (where you post too!)
    Last edited by ddelo; 20 Jul 2018 at 07:22.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    20 Jul 2018 #1149

    About time MUC posted the larger download option for 6.0.1.8475 that will work for most PCs... seems updates are at 8491, but Microsoft have been lagging behind lately.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,099
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18262
    Thread Starter
       20 Jul 2018 #1150

    erpster4 said: View Post
    Note to Brink: MS just posted this 8475 x64 pack which is 140.1Mb and is a full featured HDA (nonUAD) driver. better late than never.
    Thank you. First post updated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:12.
Find Us