Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       15 Jul 2018 #1121

    I can't comprehend the fact that an intel SST driver that doesn't work with the majority of the Realtek HD Audio Codecs has been stickied on the first post.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    15 Jul 2018 #1122

    I downloaded driver version 6.0.1.8475, but it didn't seem to solve my problem with the audio playing at a higher volume than my settings. It seems to be the same exact problem people were having in the link below, but this is a pretty old topic so I don't understand why it would still be happening to me, even with the latest Realtek driver:
    Audio louder than usual until volume is changed - Windows 10 Forums

    I also can't get Realtek Audio Control, because it says it can't install it whenever I try to do it. Is there another way I could install/download it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       15 Jul 2018 #1123

    That's because this driver is meant for certain Realtek Onboard Audio that can be found on intel motherboards featuring "SST" or Smart Sound Technology. The driver you should be looking for is 6.0.1.8470.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    15 Jul 2018 #1124

    akenar said: View Post
    I downloaded driver version 6.0.1.8475, but it didn't seem to solve my problem with the audio playing at a higher volume than my settings. It seems to be the same exact problem people were having in the link below, but this is a pretty old topic so I don't understand why it would still be happening to me, even with the latest Realtek driver:
    Audio louder than usual until volume is changed - Windows 10 Forums

    I also can't get Realtek Audio Control, because it says it can't install it whenever I try to do it. Is there another way I could install/download it?
    You mean the Realtek HD Audio Manager? You should be able to get it with this base driver from Realtek's website:
    Realtek
    I'm presuming you have a 64-bit system? So you'd choose the second option in bold blue, by clicking on Global to the right. See if you get the Audio Control/Manager back. If you do, keep that and you can now update via Device Manager to the latest version that works best for your system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 Jul 2018 #1125

    6.0.1.8485 is even better.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       16 Jul 2018 #1126

    khanmein said: View Post
    6.0.1.8485 is even better.
    How do you determine that driver version A is better than driver version B? Just curious.

    Do you compare stuff like CPU overhead, or do they produce subjectively better sound?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 Jul 2018 #1127

    Hey guys im having trouble installing the lastest audio update via the cab. I've tried both methods via context menu and command prompt, first one shows error 2 can't find the specified file. 2nd method shows error 87 No packages were found that require processing. Any ideas how to solve this ? Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    16 Jul 2018 #1128

    unglapungla said: View Post
    Hey guys im having trouble installing the lastest audio update via the cab. I've tried both methods via context menu and command prompt, first one shows error 2 can't find the specified file. 2nd method shows error 87 No packages were found that require processing. Any ideas how to solve this ? Thanks.
    It's been asked a million times, and it's on the first page of this thread:
    Install CAB file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    16 Jul 2018 #1129

    asturias7 said: View Post
    It's been asked a million times, and it's on the first page of this thread:
    Install CAB file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    I've tried the method the listed method, it says the best drivers for your device are already installed...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       16 Jul 2018 #1130

    unglapungla said: View Post
    I've tried the method the listed method, it says the best drivers for your device are already installed...
    It isn't your fault. The driver linked in the opening post isn't meant for regular Realtek Onboard Audio but specific intel ones with SST. You can download the 6.0.1.8470 version of the drivers through Microsoft Windows Update catalogue or your manufacturer's website, or google for 6.0.1.8485 set of drivers and download them from elsewhere.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:01.
Find Us