Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    09 Sep 2016 #1051

    Kol12 said: View Post
    Ok so it's most likely that the MS installed audio driver is the most current Realtek driver...

    I always thought that the realtek driver included a control panel of some sort, whether it was a Realtek one or a 3rd party one like Asus, Gigabyte etc...
    MS didn't always include Realtek HD audio manager, it was included only with Realtek drivers from Realtek site. It's looks and capabilities vary with the make of MB, it's not same across the board.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 350
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1703
       09 Sep 2016 #1052

    CountMike said: View Post
    MS didn't always include Realtek HD audio manager, it was included only with Realtek drivers from Realtek site. It's looks and capabilities vary with the make of MB, it's not same across the board.
    Yes, because most MB manufacturers are using some kind of unique audio features on their boards. I'm not sure though whether those specific audio features require specific Realtek drivers. I think it's just the Realtek chip that requires the drivers and the extra features are just part of the MB/Amplifier design...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Sep 2016 #1053

    Kol12 said: View Post
    Yes, because most MB manufacturers are using some kind of unique audio features on their boards. I'm not sure though whether those specific audio features require specific Realtek drivers. I think it's just the Realtek chip that requires the drivers and the extra features are just part of the MB/Amplifier design...
    Right, driver is not to be confused with control utility. If you look at driver file and compare to driver files in Device manager, you can see that only few of original files pertain to your CODEC chip as it includes drivers for many different ones. There's also bunch of .exe files which are mostly for control panel.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 350
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1703
       09 Sep 2016 #1054

    Well I have the Realtek ALC892 chip and as you can see it has a lot of different features, but without a control panel they're basically not usable...

    Realtek
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Sep 2016 #1055

    Kol12 said: View Post
    Well I have the Realtek ALC892 chip and as you can see it has a lot of different features, but without a control panel they're basically not usable...

    Realtek
    Well, that's what control panel is for, it should be running all the time too. You may find some of those features an Windows CP > Sound > properties.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 350
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1703
       09 Sep 2016 #1056

    CountMike said: View Post
    Well, that's what control panel is for, it should be running all the time too. You may find some of those features an Windows CP > Sound > properties.
    Yes some of those features can be found if you look through sound properties but it makes me think that MS have implemented their own CP for "their" Realtek drivers...

    I think the official Realtek drivers or MB supported ones are going to allow more customization...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 Sep 2016 #1057

    Kol12 said: View Post
    Yes some of those features can be found if you look through sound properties but it makes me think that MS have implemented their own CP for "their" Realtek drivers...

    I think the official Realtek drivers or MB supported ones are going to allow more customization...
    That's definitively true, MS may implement some driver features and not other ones but that also depends on the driver version. MB or sound card manufacturers may ad or take out some features they seem fit to do.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 350
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1703
       09 Sep 2016 #1058

    CountMike said: View Post
    That's definitively true, MS may implement some driver features and not other ones but that also depends on the driver version. MB or sound card manufacturers may ad or take out some features they seem fit to do.
    Sounds about right. I'll install the latest Realtek drivers and see what sort of CP is included for comparison but I think It's possible that the MS drivers are just designed to "get you up and running"...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 350
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1703
       09 Sep 2016 #1059

    CountMike said: View Post
    That's definitively true, MS may implement some driver features and not other ones but that also depends on the driver version. MB or sound card manufacturers may ad or take out some features they seem fit to do.
    Sounds about right. I'll install the latest Realtek drivers and see what sort of CP is included for comparison but I think It's possible that the MS drivers are just designed to "get you up and running"...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 350
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1703
       09 Sep 2016 #1060

    I have installed the Realtek R2 79 driver from their website and interestingly I have been given the Asus HD Audio Manager CP even though I didn't download MB specific drivers.

    The Realtek drivers do get quite heavy on background processes once installed...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:37.
Find Us