Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    18 Aug 2017 #1001

    khanmein said: View Post
    8228 sounds better than 8219.
    finally....gonna upgrade today...watched 4 episodes of defenders with 8219...will complete other 4 with 8228
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Aug 2017 #1002

    You can find full setup releases of the WHQL versions on Station-Drivers:

    I've been updating this way for a while with no problem.
    Last edited by Brink; 18 Aug 2017 at 13:44. Reason: No links to unofficial sources
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows 10-64bit Pro
       18 Aug 2017 #1003

    BKnight said: View Post
    You can find full setup releases of the WHQL versions on Station-Drivers:

    I've been updating this way for a while with no problem.
    There are only compiled drivers from Microsoft Update.
    Almost the same thing as this site provides.
    Unfortunately on some systems this drivers are not working properly. Not even the drivers from Microsoft and the only drivers working are only the ones from Realtek Website or your computer producer (some of the are really outdated on producer websites).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Aug 2017 #1004

    BKnight said: View Post
    You can find full setup releases of the WHQL versions on Station-Drivers:

    I've been updating this way for a while with no problem.
    ...Did not realize...sorry about the unofficial source Brink.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 31,269
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18214
    Thread Starter
       18 Aug 2017 #1005

    BKnight said: View Post
    ...Did not realize...sorry about the unofficial source Brink.
    No worries. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 7
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
       19 Aug 2017 #1006

    ManHD said: View Post
    Can be done differently, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\General and ShowTrayIcon change 0 to 1 and reboot.
    As you can see its parameter for RtkNGUI64, so Realtek HD Audio Manager its RtkNGUI64.exe not RAVCpl64.exe.
    Yes, after install 8186 i see in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load RTSnMg64.cpl (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load did not have RTSnMg64.cpl) and in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\General ShowTrayIcon=0. After deleted RTSnMg64.cpl in "don't load" and set ShowTrayIcon=1 anyway dont show in Control Panel, Realtek HD Audio Manager dont start.
    Here post few people who install 8186, they have too this problem.
    I stopped at 8224 and manually installed dts service for DTS UltraPC 2 from 8186. Sry for my English.
    Could only find this regkey "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\General" and have nothing in this one "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load"

    I searched for "RTSnMg64.cpl" and found it at
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Extended Properties\{305CA226-D286-468e-B848-2B2E8E697B74} 2"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regkey.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	149537

    Any solution to get the d*mn control panel back?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    19 Aug 2017 #1007

    Entranced said: View Post
    Could only find this regkey "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\General" and have nothing in this one "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load"

    I searched for "RTSnMg64.cpl" and found it at
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Extended Properties\{305CA226-D286-468e-B848-2B2E8E697B74} 2"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regkey.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	149537

    Any solution to get the d*mn control panel back?
    Don't know if this will help...???

    1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Search box, then right-click on regedit and choose Run as administrator. This will open Registry Editor.

    2. Now go to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load

    3.
    The above mentioned key contains some .CPL entries in right-side pane which makes them hidden in Control Panel.

    4. You can simply delete the "don't load" key and all hidden items should be enabled in Control Panel.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 7
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
       20 Aug 2017 #1008

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Don't know if this will help...???

    1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Search box, then right-click on regedit and choose Run as administrator. This will open Registry Editor.

    2. Now go to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load

    3.
    The above mentioned key contains some .CPL entries in right-side pane which makes them hidden in Control Panel.

    4. You can simply delete the "don't load" key and all hidden items should be enabled in Control Panel.
    This is what I have there, I believe it's all the default keys, nothing from realtek:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reg.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,039
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       20 Aug 2017 #1009

    Per Enable Hidden Secret Control Panel Items in Windows Vista and Later - AskVG

    If you delete the whole "don't load" key in Windows 7 and later, you might get some duplicate items in Control Panel e.g., you'll get 2 Keyboard, 2 Mouse, 2 Sound entries in Control Panel. To fix this issue, don't delete the whole key, instead only delete following entries from right-side pane:
    Code:
    hdwwiz.cpl
    appwiz.cpl
    ncpa.cpl
    sysdm.cpl
    desk.cpl
    joy.cpl
    Firewall.cpl
    collab.cpl
    irprops.cpl
    tabletpc.cpl
    bthprops.cpl
    infocardcpl.cpl
    I speak from experience as that was exactly what I did when I tried to fix the Realtek HD Audio Manager originally and deleted everything only to see some control panel items twice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       20 Aug 2017 #1010

    I have a weird issue with the Realtek drivers. Recently I installed a Realtek driver that's a bit older (from 2015) because it produces better sound on my laptop. However, whenever the laptop boots from shutdown, there's no sound. I see the audio playing in the Windows Mixer and under Playback Devices, but there's no sound actually coming out of the speakers. But, when I restart the laptop, everything works perfectly well! I'm at a loss as to what could be the cause of this strange behavior, and I really would like to use that older driver. Does anybody have any idea or solution or suggestion?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22.
Find Us