Windows 10: Looking for an alternative to Logitech's software for my C920 webcam Solved

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Aug 2016 #11

    Yeah it is, I think that's CYA 101.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 Aug 2016 #12

    Source

    So it looks like they have tossed it in Microsoft's lap.


    Todays' HTG article covers this Logitech Launcher_Main problem more extensively and have a downloadable registry hack to address it until MS does. TRy it (like most of their hacks, it comes with an undo) -
    How to Stop Your Webcam From Freezing and Crashing on Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    20 Aug 2016 #13

    mrgeek said: View Post
    Source

    So it looks like they have tossed it in Microsoft's lap.


    Todays' HTG article covers this Logitech Launcher_Main problem more extensively and have a downloadable registry hack to address it until MS does. TRy it (like most of their hacks, it comes with an undo) -
    How to Stop Your Webcam From Freezing and Crashing on Windows 10
    Well I just tried that on my Logitech C920 Web cam and it did not crash, but my web cam software still did not work at all. So I removed the two reg entries I made.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 9,034
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       20 Aug 2016 #14

    I am having the same issues with my C 920, but, it seems to work just fine with Skype. I can go into Skype settings to set up Video and it works just fine. I can startup the Logitech software and it is OK. If I click on a quick capture > Photo it crashes. If I click on quick Capture and can manage to switch from Photo to Video before it crashes, it works just fine for video. Is that similar to everyone else's experience?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    20 Aug 2016 #15

    essenbe said: View Post
    I am having the same issues with my C 920, but, it seems to work just fine with Skype. I can go into Skype settings to set up Video and it works just fine. I can startup the Logitech software and it is OK. If I click on a quick capture > Photo it crashes. If I click on quick Capture and can manage to switch from Photo to Video before it crashes, it works just fine for video. Is that similar to everyone else's experience?
    Yup, sounds about right for me Steve. My C920 works fine on any other software, but Logitech.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 9,034
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       20 Aug 2016 #16

    I have Cyberlink You Cam which I have never installed. I was going to try that but am hoping for a fix soon. If not I may try it and see if You Cam is any better.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    20 Aug 2016 #17

    essenbe said: View Post
    I have Cyberlink You Cam which I have never installed. I was going to try that but am hoping for a fix soon. If not I may try it and see if You Cam is any better.
    From what I read, MS knows about this problem, and is going to fix it in a future update....sometime.
    Logitech also knows about this too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    20 Aug 2016 #18

    essenbe said: View Post
    I have Cyberlink You Cam which I have never installed. I was going to try that but am hoping for a fix soon. If not I may try it and see if You Cam is any better.


    I have Cyberlink You Cam 5 as OEM installed by HP and dl'd one update from You Cam. Always worked perfectly with 8.1 and 10. Only thing is the nag to upgrade each time you open it and the extra created folder in Documents. Worth trying if you can't get Logitech going properly. Good Luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    20 Aug 2016 #19

    "From what I read, MS knows about this problem, and is going to fix it in a future update....sometime. "

    HTG article projects a Sept update fix. We'll see
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 9,034
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       20 Aug 2016 #20

    I just submitted a support ticket. I told them I was knew they were aware of the problem and asked for a fix. I don't really expect one, but maybe the old adage of 'the squeaky wheel gets fixed first' will apply if enough people put in support tickets. Hopefully they will fix it just to shut us up.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Logitech C920 Webcam in Drivers and Hardware
- I did an upgrade from Window7 to Win10(9926) - all went well, apart from a few glitches.. - the Logitech webcam doesn't function with Skype - anybody found a solution?
Logitech G25 - driver and software? in Drivers and Hardware
Hello. When upgrading from windows 8.1 to win10, the software+driver from Win8.1 was migrated over into Windows 10, so no problem. I then did a clean install of Windows 10, and now I can't get driver or software to install. I have tried...
Hi, I have upgraded to Windows 10 and for the most part all other apps and devices etc seem to be working. However, I use a Logitech C920 HR webcam to do live streaming and other than obs only working in 32 bit it will not recognise my webcam. ...
Solved Logitech Software & Win 10 in Drivers and Hardware
Whilst doing some work, my mouse suddenly 'failed', cursor frozen nothing in mouse. After plugging in another mouse, I checked device manager and found that Win 10 had installed it as an Hid complaint mouse. So I went to logitech, downloaded...
I have an old installation of the Logitech Webcam Software on my PC, which is stubbornly refusing all attempts at removal.. it may be the remains of an earlier installation made under Windows7 and the recent upgrade to Windows10 is possibly...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:22.
Find Us