Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Jul 2016 #1

    Original factory BIOS Asus H170 Pro anyone?


    I am interested to know if there is anyone that can help me with the original BIOS file (your back-up, not downloaded from the asus site) H170-PRO-ASUS-0903.CAP or above. I really apreciate it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 1,372
    Win 10 14393.51
       29 Jul 2016 #2

    Sara said: View Post
    I am interested to know if there is anyone that can help me with the original BIOS file (your back-up, not downloaded from the asus site) H170-PRO-ASUS-0903.CAP or above. I really apreciate it.
    Which version of the BIOS came on the Asus support CD?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Jul 2016 #3

    I'll go to a friend to check because the laptop doesn't have DVD unit. Could be the factory version? I'll compare using the BIOS site file as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,385
    Win10 1607
       29 Jul 2016 #4

    Yes the CD that came with the MB is bootable and has a bios file on it for emergency repairs


    I guess you haven't been able to fix your issues from last week ?

    portable USB CD players aren't that expensive if you really need one....

    I use the Samsung SE-S084 but there is likely newer versions around now.

    Asus usually has all bios files on their Site though , from the initial release through the latest.

    none of them suitable?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Jul 2016 #5

    No I didn't fix it.
    My problem was (and still is, I've opened a ticket to asus) related to the fact that the mainboard is stuck into an almost done phase of updating Bios process BUT, I can't access the USB's or any other media storage. pam-pam game over

    I'll update that thread too with the result; anyway as far as I've asked/find, the only method that could work will be replacing the bios chip with another one factory pre-written (there are some voices telling that it looks like the factory BIOS file it's not the same with a site upgrade file, still have to verify this).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,385
    Win10 1607
       29 Jul 2016 #6

    Some Bios's (firmwares) also include an update for the Intel ME Firmware (management engine) and sometimes one of the other firmwares on the Board too , eg the Raid Controller's Bios , if they are being updated at the same time.

    Still surprised Crashfree couldn't help , I guess ALT+ F2 didn't work to envoke it ? ( not sure if that is the right key combo for your Board)


    KB
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 1,372
    Win 10 14393.51
       29 Jul 2016 #7

    Sara said: View Post
    I'll update that thread too with the result; anyway as far as I've asked/find, the only method that could work will be replacing the bios chip with another one factory pre-written (there are some voices telling that it looks like the factory BIOS file it's not the same with a site upgrade file, still have to verify this).
    I'm moderately confident that the "voices" are saying nonsense. I suppose that a factory EEPROM could be made in such a way that only parts of it are overwritten by subsequent updates, but I don't believe it. (No, I'm not an EE. Retired optical engineer.)

    It's too bad that a modern UEFI can be put in such a state where it's too broken to function, but not broken in such a way that the BIOS recovery feature isn't invoked.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Jul 2016 #8

    Kbird said: View Post
    Some Bios's (firmwares) also include an update for the Intel ME Firmware (management engine) and sometimes one of the other firmwares on the Board too , eg the Raid Controller's Bios , if they are being updated at the same time.

    Still surprised Crashfree couldn't help , I guess ALT+ F2 didn't work to envoke it ? ( not sure if that is the right key combo for your Board)


    KB
    Make sense; if one of the above mentioned is broken (and it looks like it is as long as don't have the choosing boot device dialog anymore), could be a reason. On the other hand as you've mentioned the CrashFree refuse to start perhaps because it thinks that everything is normal there as long as I am able to access the UEFI screen; Unfortunately there are limited possibilities described in the other post. By the way, If I choose Network update method, (after the hard reset) the pc reboot and get me to the F1 stage, can't load anymore that dialog where we are able to choose mac address and so on.

    Alt+F2, F11, CTRL+Home, I've tried all these shortcuts, using formatted visible (in other systems) USB sticks, one partition, FAT 32/16 etc bootable, non bootable, .CAP file renamed, non renamed, blind CrashFree, waiting more than 10 minutes in different sessions, no activity on USB blinking led.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,385
    Win10 1607
       30 Jul 2016 #9

    Sara said: View Post
    Make sense; if one of the above mentioned is broken (and it looks like it is as long as don't have the choosing boot device dialog anymore), could be a reason. On the other hand as you've mentioned the CrashFree refuse to start perhaps because it thinks that everything is normal there as long as I am able to access the UEFI screen; Unfortunately there are limited possibilities described in the other post. By the way, If I choose Network update method, (after the hard reset) the pc reboot and get me to the F1 stage, can't load anymore that dialog where we are able to choose mac address and so on.

    Alt+F2, F11, CTRL+Home, I've tried all these shortcuts, using formatted visible (in other systems) USB sticks, one partition, FAT 32/16 etc bootable, non bootable, .CAP file renamed, non renamed, blind CrashFree, waiting more than 10 minutes in different sessions, no activity on USB blinking led.

    Did you have a Floppy Drive ? It doesn't see USB Drives right ? As Intel's FPT Tools may work from a bootable floppy (or USB as FDD? )

    You can find Award Bios Tools ( click link) and AMI UEFI Bios Tools including FPT on this page ... scroll down.

    Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, Stability Tools
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Jul 2016 #10

    Thank you but I'll wait for Asus response first, I've opened a ticket.
    Anyway, as long as I don't have anymore the choosing Boot device dialog I doubt that the floppy will show up.
    More than that, I'm a little concern about FPT tool, I've read some things about it here. It can be tricky and I don't have too much knowledge in his usage. It can program a region or entire regions of the Bios. In my case could be a single region (the bios update) broken. If I "manage" and erase or brake other regions too I'm done )
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop
Sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong section, or this has already been posted. I'm new and couldn't find any answers elsewhere. I just factory reset my Asus laptop. It was taking a long time so I went to sleep and let it do its thing overnight....
Installation and Setup
how to enter into BIOS of Asus PC Stick QM1 ?
I just bought it my first and new PC stick :cool: and I need help here :nerd: how to enter into BIOS of Asus PC Stick QM1 ? QM1 | Stick PCs | ASUS Global ;) ;)
General Support
Solved Cannot get into bios (Asus maximus hero VII)
I am trying to get into the bios on my windows 10 system with a hero vii but whenever I restart and then hold del my screens are just black, my pc is running and nothing happens, nothing comes on the screen. If I restart and don't press anything it...
General Support
Solved Original Factory Recovery
I have a Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop that I did a clean install of Windows 10 TR 9926. Is there anyway to get back to Drive D: which has the original factory programs etc. on it and re install it and take off windows 10. Larry
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums