1. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Anniversary update RTM
       20 Jul 2016 #1

    non touch laptop


    sorry guys i know this isnt the place to post this but Im new to the site so not sure where to post but i have a non touch lap top what does this mean??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	91101
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,947
    All kinds
       20 Jul 2016 #2

    No wander, you are running Windows 11 eh ?
    Kidding aside, it's probable that similar model has touch screen but using same MB.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 589
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       20 Jul 2016 #3

    squaleca said: View Post
    sorry guys i know this isnt the place to post this but Im new to the site so not sure where to post but i have a non touch lap top what does this mean??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	91101
    Try the drivers and hardware thread and do search for touchscreen. Type you question there, someone may be able to help you. Windows thinks you have a touchscreen and you don't. Good luck
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       20 Jul 2016 #4

    squaleca said: View Post
    sorry guys i know this isnt the place to post this but Im new to the site so not sure where to post but i have a non touch lap top what does this mean??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	91101
    Make model of laptop? Any external monitors connected?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 1,373
    Win 10 14393.51
       20 Jul 2016 #5

    Does you laptop have a touch pad?

    I have no idea whether that would show up like a touchscreen in the System control panel, but it's a guess.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       21 Jul 2016 #6

    bobkn said: View Post
    Does you laptop have a touch pad?

    I have no idea whether that would show up like a touchscreen in the System control panel, but it's a guess.
    I was about to say the same thing, then fired up my laptop for a look first. Mine says no pen or touch input is available for this display. My touch pad supports two, three and four finger touch.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
RE : touch screen laptop, not tablet.
I do not want to waste a valuable spot which other needs to post computer problems. So I post my question here. Hope it is OK. My question is : is it worth the extra $ to buy a touch screen laptop ? I mean a laptop with optical hard drive,...
Chillout Room
HP Laptop Touch Pad problem
I updated to 10 and fount that the slider bars on the touch pad don't work. The system doesn't have a mouse which it knows and shows a touch pad there and working but the sliders do not work. That am I doing wrong?
General Support
Solved HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work
Hi yall, I have a HP 15-f111dx laptop with a built in touch screen and I had downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and when I did I had disabled the touch screen in Windows 7 settings but now that I've upgraded to Windows 10 I would like to...
Drivers and Hardware
Your next laptop might have a touch-sensitive spacebar
Read more: Your next laptop might have a touch-sensitive spacebar | The Verge
Windows 10 News
Win 10 - Great on Desktop - No good for Touch Laptop yet
Hi there I like W10 so far - but on an HP envy Touch laptop it's no good for TOUCH - desktop mode fine but I DO actually like touch for some applications. The only thing I can get working reasonably OK in Touch mode is the on screen keyboard....
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums