Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    07 Jul 2016 #11

    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    Can someone please assist me again and tell me how I can disable and enable my touchpad?
    Have you tried any of these options?

    How do I enable or disable my touchpad? - TOSHIBA FORUMS

    From your user guide,

    Satellite C40/C50/C70-B Series Windows 8.1 Users Guide

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-07-07_19h18_26.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	88896

    Press the F5 button.
    Last edited by derekimo; 07 Jul 2016 at 21:20.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       07 Jul 2016 #12

    Look in the control panel under hardware, and then look under the touchpad and see if there is a place to check disable if their is a usb mouse present. Most newer laptops and most older ones have this option.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 831
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       07 Jul 2016 #13

    derekimo said: View Post
    Have you tried any of these options?

    How do I enable or disable my touchpad? - TOSHIBA FORUMS

    From your user guide,

    Satellite C40/C50/C70-B Series Windows 8.1 Users Guide

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-07-07_19h18_26.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	88896

    Press the F5 button.
    I tried the second suggestion and that didn't work. Will try the first suggestion.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 831
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       07 Jul 2016 #14

    play2mefish said: View Post
    Look in the control panel under hardware, and then look under the touchpad and see if there is a place to check disable if their is a usb mouse present. Most newer laptops and most older ones have this option.
    Thanks! I will try that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 831
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       07 Jul 2016 #15

    Okay. The touchpad has been disabled. Thanks guys!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 831
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       07 Jul 2016 #16

    Now. I have another question. I can't get my Face Recognition feature to unlock my computer when I boot it up or wake it up. Anyone know how I can get it to working?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,563
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       07 Jul 2016 #17

    My wife's latest Toshiba Notebook uses the Fn and F5 key, or maybe the F5 key only, to toggle the touchpad On or Off. Her previous model had a switch between the touchpad and keyboard to do it.

    Does the Facial Recognition have to be set up/registered before it can be used? I have an HP Notebook with the finger swipe feature that originally came with Win7 [fortunately that still works in Win10] that I had run software to register my finger.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 831
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       08 Jul 2016 #18

    Berton said: View Post
    My wife's latest Toshiba Notebook uses the Fn and F5 key, or maybe the F5 key only, to toggle the touchpad On or Off. Her previous model had a switch between the touchpad and keyboard to do it.

    Does the Facial Recognition have to be set up/registered before it can be used? I have an HP Notebook with the finger swipe feature that originally came with Win7 [fortunately that still works in Win10] that I had run software to register my finger.
    Berton, yes the Face Recognition feature has to be set up before I can use it. But I have already set it up.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       12 Jul 2016 #19

    Hi jesse Williams,

    For touchpad is overly sensitive, you can adjust it. Find this hardware, and adjust is again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
My Toshiba Laptop has ended up on the list of that can't run Win10
My Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7340 was not on the list of laptops that could not run Windows 10 when I installed Win 10 last year. I have had to reinstall 5 times now due to crashes & corrupted files. I found out that my laptop is now on the list of...
General Support
Solved Upgrading Toshiba Win7 laptop to Win 10 via clean install on new SSD
I went through quite a few upgrades when Windows 10 arrived but have taken a break and don't feel up to speed on what has changed regarding upgrading with a "clean install". I am familiar with the Media Creation tool but used that for upgrades, and...
Installation and Setup
Solved On Toshiba Laptop need to go back to Win 7 from 10
Hi, My friend installed the 10 he was offered on his Win 7 Toshiba laptop and is having problems so wants to go back. Any advise please although I know the info is very lean maybe this is a common thing. Thanks oz
Installation and Setup
Solved Windows 10 video tdr failure atikmpag.sys on Toshiba laptop.
Hi! This is my almost 3 year old laptop. (http://notebook-price.com/Toshiba_Satellite_M840-1006XG) Two days ago (after Windows Update) I was playing XCOM when the screen flickers and goes all 'rainbowy' before it blacks out. I hold the power button...
General Support
toshiba laptop s855-s5378 drivers - 64 bit
Has anyone had good hardware driver experience with Windows 10 and a Toshiba S855-S5378 laptop? I wouldn't mind test driving Windows 10. That would be great. Being around the IT field for a while, I can see how a lack of drivers can be a...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums