Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    21 Jun 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10

    I uninstalled Microsoft AC Adapter Driver by accident, PC won't start.


    Oh boy, I followed some wrong advice and uninstalled my Microsoft AC Adapter Driver, (I know), now my laptop won't start.

    This is the video that I followed: FIXED! Windows 10 Plugged In, Not Charging - YouTube

    Absolutely nothing happens when I plug in the power source with or without battery, or just he battery alone.

    I had no issues prior to being advised to remove my Microsoft AC Adapter drive, except for my battery saying it was not charging. The advice I received included removing Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery ans well as the Microsoft AC Adapter drive.

    Now I know it should have only been the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.

    The question is, how do i solve this? How do I get my laptop to boot up again so I can install my Microsoft AC Adapter drive? Bit of a chicken and the egg situation but desperate for a solution.

    Laptop is Windows 10, upgraded from Win 7:

    HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC

    Processor type: Intel (R) i5-4200u CPU@1.60Ghz

    Memory 8GB

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by johnlogan; 21 Jun 2016 at 14:13.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Jun 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    If you have an installation disc, either for Windows 7 or Windows 10, try booting off the CD if possible. Otherwise, if you have a different computer readily available that can connect to the internet, download a copy of Hirens, take the hard disk out of the PC and put in the other computer, write the Hirens ISO to a CD and boot off the CD. Then use the file manager to move all the important files to another hard disk. Once that's done, Open Partition Manager and delete the Partition, before reinstalling windows and all your programs. That's all that I could think of
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    21 Jun 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    When you say another PC, all i have is another laptop.

    And how can i boot off the CD when my laptop won't power up?

    This looks like i have a bigger problem than i suspected :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by GitNet View Post
    If you have an installation disc, either for Windows 7 or Windows 10, try booting off the CD if possible. Otherwise, if you have a different computer readily available that can connect to the internet, download a copy of Hirens, take the hard disk out of the PC and put in the other computer, write the Hirens ISO to a CD and boot off the CD. Then use the file manager to move all the important files to another hard disk. Once that's done, Open Partition Manager and delete the Partition, before reinstalling windows and all your programs. That's all that I could think of
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Jun 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 689

    Do you have the OEM Windows or Microsoft's "true-blue" retail version? You have already tried asking OEM Tech Support or MS Tech Support? I was hoping one of them would provide you info on how to re-download and re-install the now-missing driver set.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    21 Jun 2016 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Try this:

    Disconnect all power sources - AC and battery
    Press and hold the power button for 2 full minutes

    Connect AC power only

    You should be able to power up. Windows might not start because of the accidental deletion of the AC adapter driver
    but the machine should at least boot to firmware (BIOS)

    If the box won't start at all, then I suspect a bad AC adapter - probably causing the charging issue as well.
    HP has a recall on some adapters - the power cord is replaced free of charge on ones that qualify.
    that's besides the point though

    It's also possible that the AC connector on the board is faulty - not much you can do about that.
    An easy connector test is to very gently wiggle it.

    See where you get with those suggestions
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Jun 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    Thank you, gave it a try following your tips but no change, still does not power up.

    My power source never had a loose contact problem before. Really, all these problems started after deleting the AC adapter.

    Any other suggestions?

    ###

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Try this:

    Disconnect all power sources - AC and battery
    Press and hold the power button for 2 full minutes

    Connect AC power only

    You should be able to power up. Windows might not start because of the accidental deletion of the AC adapter driver
    but the machine should at least boot to firmware (BIOS)

    If the box won't start at all, then I suspect a bad AC adapter - probably causing the charging issue as well.
    HP has a recall on some adapters - the power cord is replaced free of charge on ones that qualify.
    that's besides the point though

    It's also possible that the AC connector on the board is faulty - not much you can do about that.
    An easy connector test is to very gently wiggle it.

    See where you get with those suggestions
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    21 Jun 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    There's only two conclusions if your machine doesn't power up

    The power source or connector is shot
    Your mother board is shot

    Unless ... you refer to Windows starting

    When I say power up, I mean the hardware ... fans spin, lights light, disk drive spins

    Regardless - I don't have any other ideas.

    Good luck, if I think of anything, I'll post it.
    Last edited by Slartybart; 21 Jun 2016 at 16:10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Jun 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    This is the video that i followed.
    FIXED! Windows 10 Plugged In, Not Charging - YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    There's only to conclusions if your machine doesn't power up

    The power source or connector is shot
    Your mother board is shot

    Unless ... you refer to Windows starting

    When I say power up, I mean the hardware ... fans spin, lights light, disk drive spins

    Regardless - I don't have any other ideas.

    Good luck, if I think of anything, I'll post it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    21 Jun 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    PA, USA
    Posts : 476
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint

    The drivers removed in windows 10 have ZERO effect on the laptop when it is first booting, period.

    What slatybart posted about the hardware booting up is fact.

    Coincidental, but removing them didn't cause this issue of not powering up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Jun 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    So you're saying, if I understand you correctly, that a perfectly working laptop (apart from the battery displaying as not charging), which stopped working at the very moment I removed the AC Adapter, has nothing to do with that fact, and that's it's a pure coincidence and either my power source or motherboard is dead?

    Quote Originally Posted by RWOne View Post
    The drivers removed in windows 10 have ZERO effect on the laptop when it is first booting, period.

    What slatybart posted about the hardware booting up is fact.

    Coincidental, but removing them didn't cause this issue of not powering up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Atheros LAN Driver is uninstalled and won't install.
I recently replaced my GTX 660 with a GTX 970, and after I had completed installing that, the PC started up perfectly. The only issue was the internet said it was not connected (with a red X on the connection icon). I used the troubleshooter to...
Drivers and Hardware
Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver
Hi, I'm having a really annoying issue where the only working driver I can use is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Every single other driver I have tried will all cause me to experience BSOD and the error message "Display Driver Has...
Graphic Cards
How do I reinstall a previously uninstalled driver?
I was forced to uninstall the Lenovo power management driver from my laptop because it was giving me blue screens (I believe it used to happen when the display was meant to go to sleep). This means that I now have no power management and the fan...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Changed looks of start menu by accident
I accidently installed the start menu changer and it changed my menu to the win 7 look alike. Is there a way to get the Win 10 menu back. I was starting to like some of it and would really like to play with it a bit longer.
Software and Apps
Microsoft's HoloLens Designer Mike Ey Killed in Car Accident
Source
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums