Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    05 Apr 2015 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview

    Disk error?


    Hi guys;I have this error ? how can i fix it? see Pic, thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Apr 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,497
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Fill in your system specs please

    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

    Then we can point you do a disk check for your brand

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso.../tophddiag.htm
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Apr 2015 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Athens
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 14393

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Fill in your system specs please

    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

    Then we can point you do a disk check for your brand

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso.../tophddiag.htm
    I think GSmartControl is brand indepentend. This tool would be my recommendation to check the disk and see if any failures listed there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Apr 2015 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,497
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    I agree NickTh, I also think the preview should be run either in a dual boot, or a vm. It is a beta and using another OS may show no issue with the disc
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Apr 2015 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Fill in your system specs please

    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

    Then we can point you do a disk check for your brand

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso.../tophddiag.htm


    ;Lenovo ThinkCenter71;socket 1155
    Intel (core)tm) I5 2400 CPU 3.10GHZ,
    Mem 4GB,Socket 1155, Video card ATI 6450, HDD Sata 500.


    Also i did this in the ''cmd'' in the terminal ''chkdsk /f'' and it did not reveal any errors,besides this showing sometimes everything is ok

    also in Ubuntu 14.04 there is no such error
    Last edited by silv55; 07 Apr 2015 at 13:22.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 Apr 2015 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
    Thread Starter

    Hi guys; update on the HDD issue; well i change to another Sata HDD,installed Win 7 and then upgraded to win 10 TP and all good,
    i really don't like to deal with software or hardware Issues,too much to my head,i always like to go the easier route;
    on the other HDD that had the HDD Error failing, i installed Ubuntu14.04 and no error notifications,i keep it as spare,in case i'm not given a free Win 10 RTM.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 Apr 2015 #7
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Athens
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 14393

    You still "owe" the results of GsmartControl. You can do the same from Ubuntu. Open a terminal and run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install smartmontools --no-install-recommends
    sudo smartctl -a /dev/sdX
    Replace X with the actual disk leter (e.g. sda or sdb....).
    Post the results here inside [CODE] tags. Then we can inspect the results and conclude somewhere.
    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Apr 2015 #8
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTh View Post
    You still "owe" the results of GsmartControl. You can do the same from Ubuntu. Open a terminal and run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install smartmontools --no-install-recommends
    sudo smartctl -a /dev/sdX
    Replace X with the actual disk leter (e.g. sda or sdb....).
    Post the results here inside [CODE] tags. Then we can inspect the results and conclude somewhere.
    Thanks.
    Thanks; i'll do that on other time when i have the HDD installed on the PC,at this Time i have the original HDD that came with the Lenovo PC from the dealer with Win 10 Tp build 1049 and so far everything running fine.

    One question? i used an Iso of win7 that had 30 days to activate and done all updates then upgraded to win 10 tp throughout the update process, by shining up at MS ,everything went smooth and system is running just fine, what are my chances of keeping a copy of Win 10 RTM ? or just be given a cheap legit key?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Apr 2015 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Athens
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 14393

    Quote Originally Posted by silv55 View Post
    One question? i used an Iso of win7 that had 30 days to activate and done all updates then upgraded to win 10 tp throughout the update process, by shining up at MS ,everything went smooth and system is running just fine, what are my chances of keeping a copy of Win 10 RTM ? or just be given a cheap legit key?
    I think nobody can answer this question for sure. I would suggest waiting till June/July, then things will be more clear about the free upgrades.
    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Apr 2015 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,497
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by silv55 View Post
    Thanks; i'll do that on other time when i have the HDD installed on the PC,at this Time i have the original HDD that came with the Lenovo PC from the dealer with Win 10 Tp build 1049 and so far everything running fine.

    One question? i used an Iso of win7 that had 30 days to activate and done all updates then upgraded to win 10 tp throughout the update process, by shining up at MS ,everything went smooth and system is running just fine, what are my chances of keeping a copy of Win 10 RTM ? or just be given a cheap legit key?
    If you didn't activate the OS, it is not a valid OS and you wont get a free upgrade in my opinion. They are giving 10 away to licensed OS's. The cheap legit keys are for valid upgrades, they may be cheap though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
disk storage
This is a odd one for even a support geek like me. For some reason windows 10 is reporting my total storage as 983gb and that all 983 has been used up even though I deleted a bunch of stuff and uninstalled some programs. I might add i also have a...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error
Upon every shutdown I get the following error message: The title bar states: I am running Windows 10 Build 10130. I have already tried the default troubleshooting procedures(clean boot, etc.) I attached an image of the error below: ...
General Support
W10 Disk Image Utility Reports Error After Image Creation.
I installed the 32 bit version of W10 on an old Acer laptop to get back up to speed with developments, and one of the first questions or issues that cropped up is when using W10's disk image utility to make a system image. I deliberately wished to...
General Support
Upgrade to 10122 gets error fbl_impressive Professional 10122 - Error
I upgraded to 10074 with no problems but trying to upgrade to 10122 gets error fbl_impressive Professional 10122 - Error 0xd0000225. I'm logged into my Microsoft account, so I don't think that's the problem. I've cleaned up all the files and...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved File explorer Error Its OK my error
Error -- looking in wrong directory cheers jimbo
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:14.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums