Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
  1.    30 May 2016 #41
    Join Date : May 2016
    Arizona
    Posts : 326
    windowa 10/64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Ok thank You Guys---It's now running a Heuristic Analysis--objects=393.400---Detected=323 What's a Heuristic Analysis?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    30 May 2016 #42
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,237
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by petra9999 View Post
    Ok thank You Guys---It's now running a Heuristic Analysis--objects=393.400---Detected=323 What's a Heuristic Analysis?
    Heuristic analysis is a method employed by many computer antivirus programs designed to detect previously unknown computer viruses, as well as new variants of viruses already in the "wild".
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    30 May 2016 #43
    Join Date : May 2016
    Arizona
    Posts : 326
    windowa 10/64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Thank You Does this Malwarebyte's protect the sys. or just clean it ( The Free Version)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    30 May 2016 #44
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 5,080
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by petra9999 View Post
    Thank You Does this Malwarebyte's protect the sys. or just clean it ( The Free Version)
    It protects it, keep it on your computer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    30 May 2016 #45
    Join Date : May 2016
    Arizona
    Posts : 326
    windowa 10/64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Ok-- When the free trial runs out is there a way to get another free one or in all fairness should I purchase it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 May 2016 #46
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,746
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by petra9999 View Post
    OK How do I do a clean install and should I do that before the ccleaner on seccy?
    Petra9999, to answer your question, please see this tutorial here on Tenforums. Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup

    Doing a clean install is not a step to be taken lightly. If you do not have a good backup of all the files, pictures, documents, etc. that you do not want to lose, it may not be your best choice. It is the very last thing I would try in order to get rid of PUPs, (Potentially Unwanted Programs) Please note the word Potential. It does not mean the are necessarily nasty viruses. Just programs you may not want on your system. Many times they do no harm at all, sometimes they do. It's a case-by-case basis.

    Have you ever heard the term "Throwing the baby out with the bathwater"? A clean install to get rid of a handful of PUPs fits the description.

    You would be much better off slowly and rationally cleaning your system. Many here can help with many tools.

    Please do not do something you may regret.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    30 May 2016 #47
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)

    Hi:

    Quote Originally Posted by petra9999 View Post
    Thank You Does this Malwarebyte's protect the sys. or just clean it ( The Free Version)
    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    It protects it, keep it on your computer.
    Actually, no, MBAM Free does NOT provide any real-time protection.
    It is only a manual, on-demand scanner to help remove malware & PUPs that have made it past your realtime AV protection.
    IOW, it "just cleans it", it does not "protect" it.

    If you want realtime protection from MBAM alongside your AV to help prevent infection from the types of zero-hour and zero-day malware often missed by the AVs, then you need the paid, Premium version.

    <And now, back on topic....>

    Cheers,
    MM

    P.S. With so many detections showing up on your scan, @petra9999, it's possible many of them are PUPs. However we'd need to see a scan log to know for sure.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    30 May 2016 #48
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 5,080
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by petra9999 View Post
    Ok-- When the free trial runs out is there a way to get another free one or in all fairness should I purchase it?
    No, only one free trial. It is a yearly subscription if you buy it. Most of the member's here use the free version.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    30 May 2016 #49
    Join Date : May 2016
    Arizona
    Posts : 326
    windowa 10/64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Ok It's not done yet, how do I show you a scan log print screen?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    30 May 2016 #50
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 5,080
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMomma View Post
    Hi:





    Actually, no, MBAM Free does NOT provide any real-time protection.
    It is only a manual, on-demand scanner to help remove malware & PUPs that have made it past your realtime AV protection.
    IOW, it "just cleans it", it does not "protect" it.

    If you want realtime protection from MBAM alongside your AV to help prevent infection from the types of zero-hour and zero-day malware often missed by the AVs, then you need the paid, Premium version.

    <And now, back on topic....>

    Cheers,
    MM

    P.S. With so many detections showing up on your scan, @petra9999, it's possible many of them are PUPs. However we'd need to see a scan log to know for sure.
    Thanks for you input MM, I stand corrected. I was thinking of the paid version as its what I use.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums