Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    19 May 2016 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Thanks Jesse,

    Something seems off though.
    The controller is Intel, but you have an AMD machine (per your specs)

    I want to be certain of your machine:
    Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    19 May 2016 #12
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Just curious Jesse, have you tried running chkdsk as suggested in the link I posted in post #5 to correct any possible file system errors that might be preventing C: drive from showing up in optimization control panel?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 May 2016 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,246
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Thanks Jesse,

    Something seems off though.
    The controller is Intel, but you have an AMD machine (per your specs)

    I want to be certain of your machine:
    Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

    Thanks
    This is my sister's computer. It's an Acer Aspire 5749Z Laptop with Intel. Mine is an Acer Aspire 5250 with AMD.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    20 May 2016 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,246
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Just curious Jesse, have you tried running chkdsk as suggested in the link I posted in post #5 to correct any possible file system errors that might be preventing C: drive from showing up in optimization control panel?
    Yes, time and time again. It fixes it while the computer is on by putting the C: drive back in the optimization control panel, but then when I boot it back up, it's gone again, and the action center asks me to scan the drive again for errors.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 May 2016 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Williams View Post
    This is my sister's computer. It's an Acer Aspire 5749Z Laptop with Intel. Mine is an Acer Aspire 5250 with AMD.
    Aha! - my mistake ... you did reference the machine in post#1 - my apologies.

    I'll wait for the Speccy report then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Williams View Post
    Yes, time and time again. It fixes it while the computer is on by putting the C: drive back in the optimization control panel, but then when I boot it back up, it's gone again, and the action center asks me to scan the drive again for errors.
    Navy is on to something methinks!

    How are you running Chkdsk?
    If the drive is a spinner (not an SSD)
    Try
    Command Prompt (Admin) > Chkdsk C: /R
    Answer Yes to schedule at next restart
    Restart the machine
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 May 2016 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,246
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    21 May 2016 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,246
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Hello? Can anyone help me?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    21 May 2016 #18
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    I didn't see anything in the Speccy - thanks for that

    I asked about how you ran Chkdsk - no response from you, so I'll wait.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    21 May 2016 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 1,246
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    I didn't see anything in the Speccy - thanks for that

    I asked about how you ran Chkdsk - no response from you, so I'll wait.
    It came up in the Action Center and said to scan drive for errors. Did that, but it didn't report anything. Then I went through the Control Panel to scan for errors. It fixed it by putting the C: drive back in the Optimization area. But then when I turned it back on the next time, the C: drive was missing again. So I am unsure of what is going on.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    21 May 2016 #20
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Williams View Post
    It came up in the Action Center and said to scan drive for errors. Did that, but it didn't report anything. Then I went through the Control Panel to scan for errors. It fixed it by putting the C: drive back in the Optimization area. But then when I turned it back on the next time, the C: drive was missing again. So I am unsure of what is going on.
    I'm not sure what you mean
    Control Panel to scan for errors

    but did you follow my suggestion in post# 15

    Command Prompt (Admin)
    Chkdsk C: /R
    Answer Yes to schedule at next restart
    Restart the machine
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
One file missing from external drive on Windows 10
I recently bought a brand new PC with Windows 10. I have an external drive that I use to backup files to. My backup method is a straight file copy i.e. no backup software is used. When I plug my hard drive into the Windows 10 machine, there is...
General Support
DVD drive missing
Had NUMEROUS problems with Windows 10 and ran the reset program to reinstall Windows 10. Now, my DVD drive is shown in device manager but not in file manager so I cannot load all my software from disk. How do I get the DVD drive back so I can...
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 partition/drive missing after merging
During merging 2 drives my laptop took a force restart. Then after merging the drives with easeus My drives are not showing in My computer and also cannot access it through disk management. How to solve the problem? 68707
Drivers and Hardware
Solved DVD drive missing
I hardly ever use it, so hadn't noticed until today that my DVD drive has disappeared from Device Manager (no DVD-CD ROMs appear there at all) and I cannot use CDs/DVDs in my PC. I strongly suspect Windows 10 as the culprit. I upgraded from W7 early...
Drivers and Hardware
DVD Drive all of a sudden missing
So according to my bios the dvd drive is there but as soon as Windows 10 boot its not listen anywhere. Anyone else had this issue?
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums