1.    14 May 2016 #1
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Mouse wont work after boot, but runs fine after running sfc?


    Hi, I've been having a problem lately where after logging into windows I cant click anything, I can right click, but thats it. And if a window is open, if I left click, it deselects that window as if My mouse click clicks behind the open window. But, get this, if I open command prompt and type "sfc /scannow/, my mouse will work fine. Also SFC never finds any errors, or windows update verification errors. Can someone tell me how to fix this so I don't have to run the SFC command every time?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 May 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,111
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Have you tried just updating your mouse driver?? sometimes that works.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    14 May 2016 #3
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I just tried that, and restarted my computer. It didnt fix the mouse click issue . Thanks for suggesting tho.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 May 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,111
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by nyko2016 View Post
    I just tried that, and restarted my computer. It didnt fix the mouse click issue . Thanks for suggesting tho.
    If this mouse is a USB type mouse .....try plugging it in a different usb port...
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    14 May 2016 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by nyko2016 View Post
    Hi, I've been having a problem lately where after logging into windows I cant click anything, I can right click, but thats it. And if a window is open, if I left click, it deselects that window as if My mouse click clicks behind the open window.
    ...
    Do you have another mouse? My left mouse button sticks a bit from time to time.
    USB mice (even wireless mice) are fairly cheap - a different input device would eliminate bad hardware as the root cause.

    Is the Remote control and receiver for Windows Media Center possibly causing a conflict?

    Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I switched USB ports, and that seemed to fix the problem! I might just get another mouse anyway, this one is old. I only switched to this one because I damaged my newer one and it wouldn't work anymore. Also, with the other mouse, a problem developed where it started jumping across the screen when I moved it, which was ok, i could still use it. but then later, it got so bad, moving the mouse would move the cursor one pixel across the screen, I was unable to fix that problem, even with switching USB ports or mice. So I reset my computer. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen again, or the mouse click problem. So thanks for the help!

    Slartybart , thanks for the suggestion, but the mouse is working fine again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 May 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    I looked at your machine specs and saw it had a PS2 mouse & Kbd. I probably would have suggested trying a different USB port ... had I known you had a USB mouse

    I picked up a wireless mse/kbd combo with a mini transceiver for about 30 USD. Wait for a sale!

    I'm glad you worked it out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 May 2016 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,111
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by nyko2016 View Post
    I switched USB ports, and that seemed to fix the problem! I might just get another mouse anyway, this one is old. I only switched to this one because I damaged my newer one and it wouldn't work anymore. Also, with the other mouse, a problem developed where it started jumping across the screen when I moved it, which was ok, i could still use it. but then later, it got so bad, moving the mouse would move the cursor one pixel across the screen, I was unable to fix that problem, even with switching USB ports or mice. So I reset my computer. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen again, or the mouse click problem. So thanks for the help!
    Glad that worked for you!!! That is another good idea if you want to buy a new mouse, they can be real cheap.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Login in prompt will not show, keyboard and mouse wont work.
I'm stick on the below screen. My keyboard and mouse will not respond. I don't get a login prompt. The time is correct and the little icon in the bottom right indicates if my Ethernet cable is connected. 31658 I had Window 7. I used the...
General Support
USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI
Hello all, I am trying update my system BIOS. The System Board has an update for it. Boot to Windows 10 UEFI does not enable the USB mouse and keyboard, and I do not have a PS2 combo to attempt, although I am not sure that will work either,...
Drivers and Hardware
DVD install seems to work fine..
Installing using the DVD went normally. It took a while after I got to the Desktop for the Start Button to become functional. I was a little disappointed to see they are still using the Microsoft standard size Recovery and EFI system partitions,...
Installation and Upgrade
Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop
Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites." In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear...
Browsers and Email
Solitaire from Windows XP runs fine on Windows 10
There has been a lot of talk in the media about how Windows 10 "Solitaire Collection" is now adware with the option to pay an ongoing subscription fee to remove the ads. I only care about two versions of Solitaire; the original and Spider Solitaire,...
Gaming
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums