Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    11 May 2016 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 64-bit

    Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version.


    I installed the new graphics card, Windows recognized it and downloaded the proper drivers. All good.
    However, if i try to update the drivers to the latest version, 365.10, during installation the display goes black and won't come back until i restart the PC.

    This only occurs when updating to 365.10.
    The version downloaded from WU, 358.91, works perfectly.

    Is this only a driver related issue or a faulty gfx Card?
    Last edited by WinInsiderBeta; 11 May 2016 at 19:29.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 May 2016 #2
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 3
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971

    I got a black screen installing that driver version also. I restarted and It has not come back. I'd assume its the installation of the driver not the card. (I have an older 660Ti).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 May 2016 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    I got a black screen installing that driver version also. I restarted and It has not come back. I'd assume its the installation of the driver not the card. (I have an older 660Ti).
    Strange, I saw many reports of people having glitches, crashes, BSODs, when using version 364.xx too.
    Do you think there's any risk of damage to the card?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 May 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Seems like there has been problems for some with NVIDIA Drivers ever since after version 362.00 when reading posts here.
    I do not think it would damage your graphics card nor does it seem like a graphics card issue. I am still reluctant to try other drivers and have been on 362.00, plus no major improvements on the latest drivers mostly game improvements.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 May 2016 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Seems like there has been problems for some with NVIDIA Drivers ever since after version 362.00 when reading posts here.
    I do not think it would damage your graphics card nor does it seem like a graphics card issue. I am still reluctant to try other drivers and have been on 362.00, plus no major improvements on the latest drivers mostly game improvements.
    Looks like I'll have to try this version you mentioned. Is this WDDM 2.0 and/or supports DX12? My 730 is the Fermi variation (uses the GF108 chip).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by WinInsiderBeta View Post
    Looks like I'll have to try this version you mentioned. Is this WDDM 2.0 and/or supports DX12? My 730 is the Fermi variation (uses the GF108 chip).
    GPU and the games have to support DirectX 12 i believe also http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx12/supported-gpus



    Yes it supports both 362.00
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	79282
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 May 2016 #7
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Unfortunately 362.00 also didn't work. Same black screen. I'll just keep using the older version (358.91 from WU) to avoid this problem. Anyway thanks for the help
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 May 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by WinInsiderBeta View Post
    Unfortunately 362.00 also didn't work. Same black screen. I'll just keep using the older version (358.91 from WU) to avoid this problem. Anyway thanks for the help
    Welcome, but strange issue i am trying to think what can be causing this since an even older one works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    11 May 2016 #9
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Well, looks like a force reset "solves" the issue... No errors... Seems to be working correctly. Very strange issue.

    So for anyone using the same card, be careful with these drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    11 May 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by WinInsiderBeta View Post
    Well, looks like a force reset "solves" the issue... No errors... Seems to be working correctly. Very strange issue.

    So for anyone using the same card, be careful with these drivers.
    Wait which drivers does this happen with again ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Last Updated: December 5th 2017 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8318 (Only 64-bit Windows 10) Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog
Drivers and Hardware
Solved nVidia latest version 341.95 causing freeze ups
Hello My rig is quite old now but was completely stable under Windows 8.1 and until a couple of weeks ago, I'd got it stable under 10 too. In general, since upgrading to Win 10 Pro 64 bit, I've experienced a succession of stability problems, too...
Graphic Cards
Nvidia Go 6150 (now black screen using Windows 7 driver)
Hello Folks, I've set up Windows 10 (64-bit) on an elderly HP tablet PC (tx1410us). Most of the drivers worked out of the box, I just had too look for the chipset drivers (nforce) and the driver for the Nvidia Go 6150 display adapter. This was...
Graphic Cards
Solved Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver
Hi, I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never install driver software from Windows Update" checked (as the figure). Any idea to prevent this? ...
Windows Updates and Activation
Black Screen of Death while updating from 8.1 to 10.
What should I do? I have restarted about 3 times now. What did you guys do to fix it? Any ideas?
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums