Windows 10: Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version. Solved

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       13 May 2016 #31

    DooGie said: View Post
    Bed time for me it's 00.30 now here.
    Yep in the U.K., night
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       15 May 2016 #32

    I decided to install the latest NVIDIA Drivers version 365.19 and no issues installing or issues from the this driver. I now see the Vulkan Runtime Libraries installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,619
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.332
       15 May 2016 #33

    jds63 said: View Post
    I decided to install the latest NVIDIA Drivers version 365.19 and no issues installing or issues from the this driver. I now see the Vulkan Runtime Libraries installed.
    Just need to find some Vulkan supported games now
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       15 May 2016 #34

    DooGie said: View Post
    Just need to find some Vulkan supported games now
    Do not play too many games ,right now though i am hooked on Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain played well before this driver and is fine now. Do not know of any except the Doom you showed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    15 May 2016 #35

    I followed your tip of uninstalling the existing driver before installing the new one, and it works! No black screens and no need to force restart the PC.

    These are the steps i took:
    - Uninstalled the existing driver via Device Manager, restarted.
    After the reboot, Windows will immediately attempt to reinstall it, so i opened the task manager, and killed the "Driver Installation Module" process.

    - Installed the driver downloaded from nvidia, and voilá, currently running 365.19, no issues so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,619
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.332
       16 May 2016 #36

    I'm pleased to hear you got the problem sorted out WininsiderBeta
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,619
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.332
       16 May 2016 #37

    jds63 said: View Post
    Do not play too many games ,right now though i am hooked on Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain played well before this driver and is fine now. Do not know of any except the Doom you showed.
    Have you seen this about Vulkan on Anandtech.

    Vulkan 1.0 Specification Released: Drivers Games Inbound
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       16 May 2016 #38

    DooGie said: View Post
    Have you seen this about Vulkan on Anandtech.

    Vulkan 1.0 Specification Released: Drivers Games Inbound
    A lot to understand about it and back from Feburary when i think it was not launched or just launched. I have heard of Khronos before from NVIDIA Drivers a parent company of Vulkan. Beta game on Steam.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       16 May 2016 #39

    WinInsiderBeta said: View Post
    I followed your tip of uninstalling the existing driver before installing the new one, and it works! No black screens and no need to force restart the PC.

    These are the steps i took:
    - Uninstalled the existing driver via Device Manager, restarted.
    After the reboot, Windows will immediately attempt to reinstall it, so i opened the task manager, and killed the "Driver Installation Module" process.

    - Installed the driver downloaded from nvidia, and voilá, currently running 365.19, no issues so far.
    Good luck hope it stays this way in the future !! Insiders edition are probably still working out the bugs before it becomes part of an update to the official Windows 10 and can be reasons for your issues to begin with at first.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1
    windows 10 64bit
       22 Mar 2017 #40

    nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen


    I am also having the same problem, ie. black screen. I am using an alienware M11x laptop and Geforce nvidia 342.01 driver. (Until now I couldnt find a solution)For the past 1 month, I have been looking for a solution in the internet and havent found one, although there are varieties of solutions have been offered and I have tried all those solutions, but none works on my laptop. Most of them suggest to reboot to safe mode, and after that use DDU to uninstall and clean all Nvidia driver related files in the system, and perform a custom install of the driver (Perform Clean Install). I have done that and once it is finished installing the driver, it reboots and there it goes again, BLACK SCREEN. Now I am using the standard Intel HD driver, very standard one.Appreciate any info to solve this. Thanks.
    WinInsiderBeta said: View Post
    I followed your tip of uninstalling the existing driver before installing the new one, and it works! No black screens and no need to force restart the PC.

    These are the steps i took:
    - Uninstalled the existing driver via Device Manager, restarted.
    After the reboot, Windows will immediately attempt to reinstall it, so i opened the task manager, and killed the "Driver Installation Module" process.

    - Installed the driver downloaded from nvidia, and voilá, currently running 365.19, no issues so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs Last Updated: May 23rd 2017 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8166 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog For how to install: How to Install a CAB File in Windows 10
Hello My rig is quite old now but was completely stable under Windows 8.1 and until a couple of weeks ago, I'd got it stable under 10 too. In general, since upgrading to Win 10 Pro 64 bit, I've experienced a succession of stability problems, too...
Hello Folks, I've set up Windows 10 (64-bit) on an elderly HP tablet PC (tx1410us). Most of the drivers worked out of the box, I just had too look for the chipset drivers (nforce) and the driver for the Nvidia Go 6150 display adapter. This was...
Solved Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi, I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never install driver software from Windows Update" checked (as the figure). Any idea to prevent this? ...
Black Screen of Death while updating from 8.1 to 10. in Windows Updates and Activation
What should I do? I have restarted about 3 times now. What did you guys do to fix it? Any ideas?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:52.
Find Us