Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    02 May 2016 #11

    Device Manager will recognize the camera after I do the uninstall if I plug the camera in again or rescan for devices. I have an old Vostro with XP and I will try installing it there. But my Win 10 HP is also running win 98 in Oracle VB. I want to use this camera as a web cam with the Vostro as a backup camera in my RV, replacing the antiquated tube monitor and truly ancient video camera. The Vostro screen is twice as big as the Sony monitor and provides color and higher resolution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 May 2016 #12
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Delacruz View Post
    Device Manager will recognize the camera after I do the uninstall if I plug the camera in again or rescan for devices. I have an old Vostro with XP and I will try installing it there. But my Win 10 HP is also running win 98 in Oracle VB. I want to use this camera as a web cam with the Vostro as a backup camera in my RV, replacing the antiquated tube monitor and truly ancient video camera. The Vostro screen is twice as big as the Sony monitor and provides color and higher resolution.
    Well installing it on an XP computer and getting an XP driver may work fine since this being older hardware device. Oracle Virtual Box is compatible with Windows 10 as i see it. I can not see any other way if no compatible driver for Windows 10, how will you operate it in Windows 10 without software drivers as a webcam.

    Seems you did talk with the manufacturer, if not try again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 May 2016 #13

    The driver is on the web, the problem is downloading it without having to join a group, register to get crap mail, or get a virus and have to reinstall win10 all over again. If you know where to get the driver without all the crap, just download it and send it or give me the link. But I've been to Yahoo and Google and for three pages into each return of the search every site is full of crap. Just google USB\VID_05E1&PID_0B01&REV_0002, and you'll see what I mean.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 May 2016 #14
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Delacruz View Post
    The driver is on the web, the problem is downloading it without having to join a group, register to get crap mail, or get a virus and have to reinstall win10 all over again. If you know where to get the driver without all the crap, just download it and send it or give me the link. But I've been to Yahoo and Google and for three pages into each return of the search every site is full of crap. Just google USB\VID_05E1&PID_0B01&REV_0002, and you'll see what I mean.
    I really do not know or use places to get drivers other then the manufacturer's site for software and hardware devices. True as said most are a risk for adware or just being incorrect drivers. It's an older device which makes it hard to find updates if manufacturer does not provide them. Although it tells you it is not needed in manual.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 May 2016 #15

    Yeah, I just figured maybe someone knew where to get the driver for this thing. I'll just get a new one, they're only $10 at Amazon. I just like messin' with gadgets and didn't think it would be such a hassle. Thanks anyhow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 May 2016 #16
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Delacruz View Post
    Yeah, I just figured maybe someone knew where to get the driver for this thing. I'll just get a new one, they're only $10 at Amazon. I just like messin' with gadgets and didn't think it would be such a hassle. Thanks anyhow.
    Your Welcome, sorry i could not be more help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Asus Webcam Driver
On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Not seeing a webcam
My new service from Centurylink can't connect to any no-ip address at my daughter's home. But I can connect to a no-ip address at another home, both places have been using webcams with webcamxp and no-ip domains for several years. My Galaxy S5 can...
Drivers and Hardware
Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try again - usually takes several attempts (ie crashes) before the cam/VLC works. Webcam is USB...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
cant launch webcam
hi got a toshiba s50-b-15f hd laptop, i cant launch the hd webcam...it was working fine with windows 8.1 but since ive upgraded to windows 10 home i cannot find how to start the toshiba webcam HD ?...any ideas ?...there is nothing on the toshiba...
Drivers and Hardware
Creative Labs Live!Cam Social Webcam Driver
I have no drivers for this webcam Does anyone know which drivers I can use ? Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums