Windows 10: Windows 10 HP Officejet Pro 8620 Will not print

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1.    22 Aug 2016 #31

    I just tried updating the driver from Windows update. No change in my results.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       22 Aug 2016 #32

    Darn.
    Heckuva frustrating case.
    Bummer that the whole tutorial at the HP site did not have a solution.

    One last thought:
    Is it under warranty?
    If so, you might want to try HP phone support.
    1 (800) 474-6836
    I have had good luck with them several times in recent years, including a quick call when I installed my HP 8600 Premium AIO on my OEM Win10 box a month or so ago.
    You'll need the model # and serial number.
    They can assist, with or without a remote screen share - I found the agents to be quite knowledgeable about their printers and quite competent.
    (If warranty has expired, they probably have a per-incident, fee-based support option. At this point, even that might be worth it, as you have already spent so much time/effort on this.)

    Just a thought.

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Aug 2016 #33

    No warranty. I guess I could call them about the new 8720.

    MoxieMomma said: View Post
    Darn.
    Heckuva frustrating case.
    Bummer that the whole tutorial at the HP site did not have a solution.

    One last thought:
    Is it under warranty?
    If so, you might want to try HP phone support.
    1 (800) 474-6836
    I have had good luck with them several times in recent years, including a quick call when I installed my HP 8600 Premium AIO on my OEM Win10 box a month or so ago.
    You'll need the model # and serial number.
    They can assist, with or without a remote screen share - I found the agents to be quite knowledgeable about their printers and quite competent.
    (If warranty has expired, they probably have a per-incident, fee-based support option. At this point, even that might be worth it, as you have already spent so much time/effort on this.)

    Just a thought.

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       22 Aug 2016 #34

    In case I am confused (more than usual), do I understand correctly:

    This one Win10 computer will not print to EITHER the 8620 OR the 8720, by any route (network or local)???

    And your other computers/devices print to both printers OK?

    That would seem to narrow the problem down to this one computer, rather than to the printer(s).
    But perhaps HP can help to sort it out, assuming @Slartybart and the others here cannot resolve it.

    I confess: I am out of ideas.

    Sorry I could not help,

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    22 Aug 2016 #35

    Correct. This W10 pc is unable to print to the 8620 and 8720 by any route. I assume that the issue is with Windows 10 since I was able to print successfully to the 8620 prior to upgrading from W7 to W10. I think I have a Canon printer downstairs that I'll try connecting to the PC as well.

    MoxieMomma said: View Post
    In case I am confused (more than usual), do I understand correctly:

    This one Win10 computer will not print to EITHER the 8620 OR the 8720, by any route (network or local)???

    And your other computers/devices print to both printers OK?

    That would seem to narrow the problem down to this one computer, rather than to the printer(s).
    But perhaps HP can help to sort it out, assuming @Slartybart and the others here cannot resolve it.

    I confess: I am out of ideas.

    Sorry I could not help,

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       22 Aug 2016 #36

    robdam1001 said: View Post
    Correct. This W10 pc is unable to print to the 8620 and 8720 by any route. I assume that the issue is with Windows 10 since I was able to print successfully to the 8620 prior to upgrading from W7 to W10. I think I have a Canon printer downstairs that I'll try connecting to the PC as well.
    Sure does sound like something is "broken" on this Win10 system after the upgrade.

    If it were my system, I guess my approach would be, in order:
    • Try the Canon printer (cannot hurt)
    • Contact HP (even if there's a cost involved)
    • Consider the more drastic, nuclear options, such as repairing or clean reinstalling Win10


    Others may have more helpful suggestions.

    I hope you get it fixed,

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Aug 2016 #37

    I have a question, can this computer print to any other printer? If so, then the issue is with the printer driver / printer and not the computer. Did you ever turn off the Windows Firewall and then try to print (you might of answered this already...but I didn't see it)? I did see where you uninstalled your virus or security software...but not the windows firewall. Please try that and let us know the outcome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Aug 2016 #38

    Also, check one other thing to make sure Windows isn't using your "default printer" as outlined by this setting: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defaultprinter.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	97704

    I just keep going through different things in my head for you to check. Let us know the result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    23 Aug 2016 #39

    I'm Out of town until late tomorrow. I'll let you know my results with the Canon printer upon my return. Thanks all, I truly appreciate your time and help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    25 Aug 2016 #40

    I wirelessly networked a Canon PIXMA iX6820 and wouldn't you know it......it prints! So what do I do from here? Obviously, I cannot use the HP's any longer. Any idea why the HP AIO's won't work with my W10 PC?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Related Threads
So a few months ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (I did a clean install, not an upgrade). My HP OfficeJet Pro 8610, which worked without issue with my previous OS (8.1 Pro), is not working properly with Windows 10. After lots of tinkering, I...
Using HP Photosmart C4600 printer/OEM Windows 10/ Windows Photo Viewer. When I try to print a photo I get the error message: "Windows can't find this picture".
The print spooler chokes on both of my Windows 10 machines when trying to deal with certain pdf files. For instance when I tried to print https://thebasscase.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/so-what.pdf via my browser (Chrome), it printed the first 6...
A few other people have posted similar problems but nowhere did I see an answer so I thought I would post. Using Windows 10 64bit. It is updated completely. (Not the Insider build). Just bought a HP Officejet 3620. Downloaded the most recent...
It told me welcome back when I downloaded new driver and everything. I love windows 10 so far. I upgraded for my mom and I. All her files were transferred from 8.1 to 10, I even saved them on a flash drive just in case. I didn't even think about...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:29.
Find Us