Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 3,604
    Windows X (various flavours)
       26 Apr 2016 #11

    One more thing to try (i would still uninstall and reinstall latest drivers and run scan doctor)

    In Windows store get the HP scan and capture app. It is very basic, but works. Check for compatibility.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,435
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       26 Apr 2016 #12

    AndreTen said: View Post
    One more thing to try (i would still uninstall and reinstall latest drivers and run scan doctor)

    In Windows store get the HP scan and capture app. It is very basic, but works. Check for compatibility.
    That is what I had to do when I first upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Ten
    The first part you are on about
    Also check his AV as that could also be blocking it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       26 Apr 2016 #13

    Thanks for all your efforts. Already had the latest software etc. and all HP "help" achieved was to reinstall the same software ensuring the printer works fine but it didn't resolve the problem.
    But, after a number of "switch off and on again" operations I've eventually managed to get the Microsoft Scan to work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,435
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       26 Apr 2016 #14

    robichris said: View Post
    Thanks for all your efforts. Already had the latest software etc. and all HP "help" achieved was to reinstall the same software ensuring the printer works fine but it didn't resolve the problem.
    But, after a number of "switch off and on again" operations I've eventually managed to get the Microsoft Scan to work.
    Good because that was going to be my next advice to you as the scanner/printer needed to be kicked in.
    Can you now mark this thread Solved if you have not already done so
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,766
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       26 Apr 2016 #15

    robichris said: View Post
    Thanks for all your efforts. Already had the latest software etc. and all HP "help" achieved was to reinstall the same software ensuring the printer works fine but it didn't resolve the problem.
    But, after a number of "switch off and on again" operations I've eventually managed to get the Microsoft Scan to work.
    Nice to see you fix the problem by yourself.
    Good job.
    A rep for you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Connecting a Scanner
I have an Epsom RX560 (Printer/Scanner/Copier) When Connected to Windows 10, it recognised the Printer straight away. No need for the Install disk, it was up and running in just a couple of minutes and even without the install disk the...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Scanner on VM guest
deleted not ready to post
Virtualization
Win 10 does not recognize scanner
Hi, my win 10 64-bit install does not recognize my ACER 640U scanner. I have downloaded the correct driver but win 10 does not install it. When I access "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel and I click on "Add Device", point to the...
Drivers and Hardware
scanner and printer
build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated https://www.tenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16521&stc=1
Drivers and Hardware
Scanner issue
I have a Kodak 5200 all in one printer. The unit prints but won't scan to my laptop. AIO error ... then shuts down. Does anyone know of a fix?
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums