Windows 10: Buying SSD Solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    20 Apr 2016 #11

    The way it is right now with SSDs is that brand matters only for high end drives while at consumer grade most are about same quality and speeds. It's quite safe to go for consumer grade (read as cheaper ones) of let's say 240GB as opposed to 120 "Big brand name" of same price.
    Durability is not big concern any more, even lesser brands give 5 year warranty on their SSDs. Another thing, there's very few factories that make chips and controllers for SSDs so it's very likely some more expensive SSDs contain same electronics as cheaper ones.
    It's also very likely that anything you buy now will be obsolete in a couple/ few years time and today's SSD will surely last that long before you look for something "New and improved".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 Apr 2016 #12

    I would not be amazed if all the SSDs came from the same factories like the HDDs do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    20 Apr 2016 #13

    I have both a Samsung EVO 500gig and an Intel 128gig.
    I have not had any issues with either fast and reliable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    20 Apr 2016 #14

    CountMike said: View Post
    The way it is right now with SSDs is that brand matters only for high end drives while at consumer grade most are about same quality and speeds. It's quite safe to go for consumer grade (read as cheaper ones) of let's say 240GB as opposed to 120 "Big brand name" of same price.
    Durability is not big concern any more, even lesser brands give 5 year warranty on their SSDs. Another thing, there's very few factories that make chips and controllers for SSDs so it's very likely some more expensive SSDs contain same electronics as cheaper ones.
    It's also very likely that anything you buy now will be obsolete in a couple/ few years time and today's SSD will surely last that long before you look for something "New and improved".
    Agree good advice, this stuff is obsolete as soon as its driven off the shelf
    to borrow a car analogy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 Apr 2016 #15

    But with that logic you will never buy anything. Even the bread you buy is most likely from yesterday or even older - unless you live in France and have a bakery around the corner.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 551
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       20 Apr 2016 #16

    I recently changed my HD for an SSD, I bought OCZ 240GB (Part of Toshiba) so far very pleased with the performance. As for reliabilty only been installed about a week, so fingers crossed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    20 Apr 2016 #17

    I own a few OCZs. Except for one they have all held up. And the defunct one was replaced by OCZ. It is sitting on the shelf since appr. 6 months - together with another one (Crucial). What do you do with surplus SSDs. All my systems already run on SSDs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    20 Apr 2016 #18

    Hi,

    As for reliabilty only been installed about a week, so fingers crossed.
    My old SATA II OCZ is still rated at 100% after 8 years of use.
    For what it's worth, you should see the box and packaging that came in. Like a piece of jewelry.

    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    20 Apr 2016 #19

    whs said: View Post
    But with that logic you will never buy anything. Even the bread you buy is most likely from yesterday or even older - unless you live in France and have a bakery around the corner.
    Not really bread is consumed so once eaten its gone, computers will last forever.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    21 Apr 2016 #20

    whs said: View Post
    But with that logic you will never buy anything. Even the bread you buy is most likely from yesterday or even older - unless you live in France and have a bakery around the corner.
    Not really, just one more reason to get a best buy now and not to dwell on brands etc.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Buying a Win7 activation key? in Installation and Upgrade
Is there a way to just buy a Win7 Pro 64bit key off Microsoft's site? Or do I have to buy a physical copy? All I'm trying to do is get the free upgrade to Win10 Pro 64. If I heard right you can just put the Window 7 key in when activating Win10...
If you're buying a PC for a child this Christmas... in Windows Updates and Activation
Probably preaching to the well aware with this audience, but... Just bought a first laptop for my daughter for Christmas. Set it up a couple of days ago with the usual wait whilst Windows did its thing. Set up children's account etc -all was...
Hi! I am new to this forum, so at first I would like to say "Hello" to everyone. Then I would like to ask some questions if possible: 1. In case I buy a copy of Windows 10 OEM from a local reseller, who sells a "Hungarian" version of the OS...
Hey, I'm thinking about buying CCleaner and I can't find it listed on their webpage But do you get full access to future free software upgrades? thanks!
How many folks are planning to buy the Win10 Pro version when it is released? I am going to buy a full copy when it is comes out. A year does not last very long and then we will need to buy it anyways. Hopefully MS will include a discount for us...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20.
Find Us