Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    11 Apr 2016 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Single Language

    Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard


    Hi, I'm new to the forums and I need help waking my laptop with my in-built touch pad and keyboard. To do so I need to enable a setting on my Touch Pad and Keyboard driver/device properties, which should be located underneath the 'Power Management' tab. However, there is no such tab. I have also tried to use the 'powercfg -deviceenablewake' command, with Admin rights, to no avail. Please help me! This is causing major headaches when I my laptop goes to sleep!
    Note: I have recently installed Windows 10, as my old HDD 'failed', installed/updated all my drivers, disabled hibernation mode and am using all in-built components (ie: no USB keyboard/mouse).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Apr 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    PA, USA
    Posts : 476
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint

    You won't find driver properties there.

    Right click start and select device manager, then go to your KB and Mouse items, right click and select properties, but I've looked at mine for my laptop, and there is no power management tab there.

    Are you sure it may not be asking you to check a BIOS setting for power management to allow KB/mse to wake it?

    By default KB /mse should wake it with no further action.

    List your laptop make, model, screenshot of device manager with what's listed for KB and mse.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 Apr 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,559
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.64

    How I wake mine from sleep is
    When I open the lid
    Which you can set up under Power Options
    Go to Settings
    System
    Power and Sleep
    Then Additional Settings
    Click
    Then set it up there
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Apr 2016 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Single Language
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by RWOne View Post
    You won't find driver properties there.

    Right click start and select device manager, then go to your KB and Mouse items, right click and select properties, but I've looked at mine for my laptop, and there is no power management tab there.

    Are you sure it may not be asking you to check a BIOS setting for power management to allow KB/mse to wake it?

    By default KB /mse should wake it with no further action.

    List your laptop make, model, screenshot of device manager with what's listed for KB and mse.
    My laptop is an ASUS X55LA. I have attached both photos and yes, I was referring to the device manager. BTW there is no 'Power Management' settings in my BIOS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	1 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	74311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5).png 
Views:	1 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	74312
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Apr 2016 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Single Language
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    How I wake mine from sleep is
    When I open the lid
    Which you can set up under Power Options
    Go to Settings
    System
    Power and Sleep
    Then Additional Settings
    Click
    Then set it up there
    There is no setting for 'Close Lid Action' which is probably what you are referring to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 Apr 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,559
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.64

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTheGr8est View Post
    There is no setting for 'Close Lid Action' which is probably what you are referring to.
    In Power Options
    You need
    Choose what closing the lid does
    If it is already open
    Then just touching the space bar wakes mine up
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 Apr 2016 #7
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Single Language
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    In Power Options
    You need
    Choose what closing the lid does
    If it is already open
    Then just touching the space bar wakes mine up
    The lid closing setting and the Mouse/Keyboard wake up capability are completely unrelated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Apr 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    PA, USA
    Posts : 476
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint

    Perhaps is is not sleeping but hibernating.

    Launch and elevated Command Prompt and enter the following command (there is no output)

    powercfg /h off

    Then restart it
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    11 Apr 2016 #9
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Single Language
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by RWOne View Post
    Perhaps is is not sleeping but hibernating.

    Launch and elevated Command Prompt and enter the following command (there is no output)

    powercfg /h off

    Then restart it
    I have already disabled hibernation, but alas I will try again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Apr 2016 #10
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Single Language
    Thread Starter

    bump
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
will not wake from sleep
I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and...
General Support
Windows 10 Touch Keyboard
So I bought a s****y new Windows 10 tablet with all kinds of bells and whistles. My only problem is that I apparently type too fast for the on screen keyboard. When you hold a letter, it comes up with some obscure charcters that nobody will ever...
General Support
Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup
Hi, I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this...
General Support
Force touch keyboard to appear always?
I have a so called "Hybrid" device. But I use it mainly in a "docked Tablet mode" like this: 46695 When I undock the tablet, the touch keyboard appears correctly, but in docked mode, it won't show up. I can display the touch keyboard...
General Support
touch screen keyboard
I have an old tablet pc, motion computing C5. When I click the keyboard button in the taskbar, the touch screen keyboard comes up. Problem is its the handwriting option, not the default qwerty keyboard. any ideas how to get it back to the...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums