Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    17 Feb 2016 #11
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 8
    win 7
    Thread Starter

    Well.... i suppose they'll still make low end chips, but the chips they will still be making wont be good enough for games =\
    I mean..... intel's pentium and celeron lines are still around, but they dont score anywhere near good enough to be viable for games, video and audio work.......

    No, im afraid AMD and qualcomm are onboard as well:
    Next-Gen CPUs Will Only Support Windows 10 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

    Huh....... didn't know Linux was doing that as well, but i suppose its to a lesser extent...... right? For one, the distro devs probably arent as rich and couldnt afford to hire the data mining firms and storage like m$
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrealm93 View Post
    Well.... i suppose they'll still make low end chips, but the chips they will still be making wont be good enough for games =\
    I mean..... intel's pentium and celeron lines are still around, but they dont score anywhere near good enough to be viable for games, video and audio work.......

    No, im afraid AMD and qualcomm are onboard as well:
    Next-Gen CPUs Will Only Support Windows 10 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

    Huh....... didn't know Linux was doing that as well, but i suppose its to a lesser extent...... right? For one, the distro devs probably arent as rich and couldnt afford to hire the data mining firms and storage like m$
    There are some great I5/I7 chips out there that are perfect for gamers and they work fine with 10. And don't kid yourself.. all OS's now a days have some telemetry feature.
    There are ways to disable the telemetry in 10 and there are some tutorial around the forums somewhere. I'll look around..

    Found some:How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Feb 2016 #13
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 8
    win 7
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    There are some great I5/I7 chips out there that are perfect for gamers and they work fine with 10
    Jeff
    my whole point was i dont WANT win 10

    yeah, i know. there's also this spybot program designed to disable data collection every time the PC reboots too
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Well,., you have the facts as I understand them..
    Make your own decisions accordingly..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    18 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Philadelphia
    Posts : 1,174
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    It's going to be hard to reason with someone who refers to Windows 10 as spyware. It isn't and most of us are using it and enjoying a great OS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Feb 2016 #16
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
    It's going to be hard to reason with someone who refers to Windows 10 as spyware. It isn't and most of us are using it and enjoying a great OS.
    True.. just pointing things out as I see them,, no more and no less. If someone really thinks that Linux is a good OS for gaming they need to do some more homework. It's not.

    But heck.. he can knock himself out trying
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 Feb 2016 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,737
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrealm93 View Post
    my whole point was i dont WANT win 10

    yeah, i know. there's also this spybot program designed to disable data collection every time the PC reboots too
    With all due respect, why are you posting and seeking advice on a Windows 10 forum?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    18 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    With all due respect, why are you posting and seeking advice on a Windows 10 forum?
    Troll?? Not saying but..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iough.gif 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	64897
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 Feb 2016 #19

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Troll?? Not saying but..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iough.gif 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	64897
    Hmmm _ I wouldn't say so. See, the other day I posted it a question on the Vista forum regarding Windows Calendar. Now I run the application on Windows 8, but the application is native to Vista, so I posted it there instead.

    Likewise, the perceived forthcoming CPU limitations of Skylake and what not have a lot to do with the future of Windows 10, even though it affects the future use of the OPs chosen OS. So he posts the question here. You're original answer seemed to sum up what he was asking, but I don't that makes his behaviour troll-like, does it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 Feb 2016 #20
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Thornton View Post
    Hmmm _ I wouldn't say so. See, the other day I posted it a question on the Vista forum regarding Windows Calendar. Now I run the application on Windows 8, but the application is native to Vista, so I posted it there instead.

    Likewise, the perceived forthcoming CPU limitations of Skylake and what not have a lot to do with the future of Windows 10, even though it affects the future use of the OPs chosen OS. So he posts the question here. You're original answer seemed to sum up what he was asking, but I don't that makes his behaviour troll-like, does it?
    You could be right.. but he's worrying a bit early concerning something none of us know what really will be happening in 5 years time.,

    Who really knows what processors will be available and if all of them in 5 years will only work with 10. I suspect that the mfg. will still have some available for previous OS's or for more affordable PC's that will run on other OS's than 10.

    For my 2c.. it's simply the time to keep ones powder dry and wait to see what really happens.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4
Source - AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4 | PCWorld -Chuck
Windows 10 News
The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS
What do you think Windows 10 will be like in the future? Will there ever be another Windows? I get the feeling that Windows 10 will not end up being the last Windows we will ever see no matter how many times they update it. I also think Microsoft...
General Support
AMD Athlon CPUs on W10
I have a client who had an issue after upgrading W10. These are the specs: HP Pavilion p6754y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP®*Support We had a problem with performance. TM showed CPU usage was in the 90s. After a...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?
Hi, Does Windows 10 Home support two physical CPUs? Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums