SSD worth it?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

  1. Posts : 304
    Windows 10
       #91

    Thanks works now,have a new ssd coming next week and can't wait to see the results. Older machine but going to give the ssd a try,holding off tell next winter for new build. Prices should be down compared to today's prices.
      My Computer


  2. whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #92

    I have a different problem. I have two 128GB SSDs still in the wrappers and don't know what to do with them. All my PCs run already on SSDs and I also have 1 external SSD (in an enclosure) for my virtual systems. Any suggestions for the two that are still sitting on the shelf ???
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #93

    whs said:
    I have a different problem. I have two 128GB SSDs still in the wrappers and don't know what to do with them. All my PCs run already on SSDs and I also have 1 external SSD (in an enclosure) for my virtual systems. Any suggestions for the two that are still sitting on the shelf ???
    I would keep them incase one of the others breaks. Nothing last forever.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11
       #94

    whs said:
    I have a different problem. I have two 128GB SSDs still in the wrappers and don't know what to do with them. All my PCs run already on SSDs and I also have 1 external SSD (in an enclosure) for my virtual systems. Any suggestions for the two that are still sitting on the shelf ???
    We are in the similar situation with two extra 128 GB SSDs.
    I keep one 128 GB as a standby Windows 10 OS. It uses about 90 GB now. I refreshed this once a month.
    The second one I used on my wife's Windows 10 Desktop to run Windows 7.

    The problem is that 128 GB is that much storage if you combine OS + Data.

    So my solution is force myself to clean up or police the OS drive accordingly.

    willkommen zurück in Florida
      My Computer


  5. whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #95

    Thanks for the welcome Snoopy
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 10,257
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 release preview channel
       #96

    If I had 2 SSDs sitting on the shelf I'd install them both in RAID 0 and install some of my games on them :)
      My Computer


  7. whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #97

    DooGie said:
    If I had 2 SSDs sitting on the shelf I'd install them both in RAID 0 and install some of my games on them :)
    Nice thought, but with SSDs you do not gain any speed if they are in RAID.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 10,257
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 release preview channel
       #98

    whs said:
    Nice thought, but with SSDs you do not gain any speed if they are in RAID.
    Oh well it was a good try
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums