RealTek Manager & Drivers missing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 20
    Windows 8.1
       #1

    RealTek Manager & Drivers missing.


    Hi.
    Using Dell Latitude windows 10.

    I went to RealTek site:
    http://www.realtek.com/downloads/dow...&GetDown=false
    Installed Realtek 64bits drivers.

    After a successful install and restart, I still do not see Realtek Manager or Drivers.
    In Device Manager:
    Audio Inputs & Outputs:
    Speaker High Definition\Properties\Microsoft Driver 10.0.10586.0. Dated10-29-2015.

    Sound Video & Game Controller\Microsoft:
    High Definition Audio Device\Microsoft Driver 10.0.10586.0. Dated 10-29-2015
    Intel(R) Display Audio\Intel Corporation\ Driver 6.16.0.3154 Dated 9-9-2014

    RealTek could not be found in Control Panel search.
    Did not find RealTek in System Tray or Startup.

    Question:
    Not sure (if/when) I installed Intel(R). Did Intel(R) come with Windows 10 build?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks.
    TC.
      My Computer

  2. fireberd's Avatar
    Posts : 2,455
    Win 11 Pro
       #2

    Realtek did not install. HIgh Defintion Audio Device is the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver. It is installed if the hardware drivers (e.g. Realtek) are not found. Are you sure you have Realtek? What Model Dell Latitude do you have?

    The Intel Display Audio is for HDMI audio.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 20
    Windows 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #3

    @fireberd.
    I have a Dell Latitude E5530 non-vProX64 based PC. Windows 10.
    If you check my link above, it will go to the RealTek.com Download Webpage. I selected 64bits.

    TC.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #4

    tomx2 said:
    I went to RealTek site:
    http://www.realtek.com/downloads/dow...&GetDown=false
    Installed Realtek 64bits drivers.
    Instead, I would download drivers mentioned in the sticky at the top of this sections.

    Specifically, the latest version from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 20
    Windows 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #5

    @TeeJay3800.
    I went toMicrosoft Update Catalog as you instructed.
    There are 38pages on MUC referencing “RealTek”.
    Since I neverhad Realtek installed, I'm not sure which RealTek audio Drivers Ineed.
    I would like tohave RealTek Audio Manager installed on my Dell E5530 model.


    I also have aDell Xps13 laptop using “RealTek HW Auto Codec” drivers thatworks perfect.
    But I cannotfind anything on the net listing RealTek drivers compatible to DellE5530.
    Do you have anyidea, how I can identify the correct ReralTek driver(s) for my model.


    Thanks.
    TC.
      My Computer

  6. fireberd's Avatar
    Posts : 2,455
    Win 11 Pro
       #6

    According to the Dell downloads you have IDT Audio and NOT Realtek and the reason it is not installing.
    Here is the link to the IDT audio driver download on the Dell site.
    Product Support | Dell US
      My Computers



  7. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #7

    tomx2 said:
    After a successful install and restart, I still do not see Realtek Manager or Drivers.
    In Device Manager:
    Audio Inputs & Outputs:
    Speaker High Definition\Properties\Microsoft Driver 10.0.10586.0. Dated10-29-2015.

    Sound Video & Game Controller\Microsoft:
    High Definition Audio Device\Microsoft Driver 10.0.10586.0. Dated 10-29-2015
    Intel(R) Display Audio\Intel Corporation\ Driver 6.16.0.3154 Dated 9-9-2014

    RealTek could not be found in Control Panel search.
    Did not find RealTek in System Tray or Startup.
    In that case, you are lucky IMO. I have just spent a couple of weeks trying to prevent the Realtek driver from automatically installing on my desktop. The Microsoft driver takes up less resources and sounds much better. The Realtek driver has a very annoying and distracting habit, on my machine at least, to halve the volume on louder sections of music. The only way I can describe it is like an automatic level control, that can't be switched off, except that during following quieter sections of the track, the volume doesn't come back up.

    If you really must have this piece of rubbish on your machine, on the underside you should see a sticky label with a service code on it. Go to the Dell support site and search for your machine by entering the code. All the proper drivers and software should then be offered to you for download.
      My Computer

  8. fireberd's Avatar
    Posts : 2,455
    Win 11 Pro
       #8

    Ripper, I have linked the user to the correct Dell download, for the IDT sound driver. You didn't read my post.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #9

    Apologies for that fireberd.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #10

    tomx2 said:
    @TeeJay3800.
    I went toMicrosoft Update Catalog as you instructed.
    There are 38pages on MUC referencing “RealTek”.
    Since I neverhad Realtek installed, I'm not sure which RealTek audio Drivers Ineed.
    I would like tohave RealTek Audio Manager installed on my Dell E5530 model.
    If you click the link in my post, it takes you directly to the latest version. There will be two options, the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions. It includes the HD Audio Manager that you mentioned you are seeking.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums