Windows 10 drivers confusion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #31

    doriandiaconu said:
    So I had BSOD again when I logged in into the Windows with the drivers downloaded/updated by MS update.

    I didn't check/change the RAMs yet, as the other 8GB will arrive tomorrow. Hope everything will run smooth after.

    One thing I noticed after I fresh installed the Windows is this partition (last one on the list)

    Attachment 59725

    I read somewhere that it might be caused by not installing a proper driver. Should I stay with the drivers provided by Lenovo and disable MS updating my drivers?
    Hmmm....did you have any other drives (flash drives, external hard drives) connected to the machine when you did the clean install?

    You might want to try the clean boot procedure as outlined in the prior post here, to see if you can narrow it down. Otherwise, you could post in the BSOD section.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 213
    Thread Starter
       #32

    simrick said:
    Hmmm....did you have any other drives (flash drives, external hard drives) connected to the machine when you did the clean install?

    You might want to try the clean boot procedure as outlined in the prior post here, to see if you can narrow it down. Otherwise, you could post in the BSOD section.
    No I didn't. After mounting the new RAMs I had no BSOD (yet).

    After some research it seems that the partition is some kind of recovery partition for Windows.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #33

    doriandiaconu said:
    No I didn't. After mounting the new RAMs I had no BSOD (yet).
    Oh that's good news!

    doriandiaconu said:
    After some research it seems that the partition is some kind of recovery partition for Windows.
    Ah, okay.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,176
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #34

    After some research it seems that the partition is some kind of recovery partition for Windows.
    That is quite correct but normally it does not show.

    You will find you have System Restore turned on. Check via typing System Protection in the search box:
    Windows 10 drivers confusion-2016-01-22.png
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums