New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered


  1. Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
       #1

    New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered


    So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both)
    The first is whenever you shut it down it leaves all usb ports powered.
    The second is that every second time you try to boot it goes to the asus screen where there's meant to be the little circle made of dots spinning and no circle appears nothing happens.

    Hardware all seems fine so not sure what needs changing.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,832
    Windows 10
       #2

    Sketch said:
    So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both)
    The first is whenever you shut it down it leaves all usb ports powered.
    The second is that every second time you try to boot it goes to the asus screen where there's meant to be the little circle made of dots spinning and no circle appears nothing happens.

    Hardware all seems fine so not sure what needs changing.
    Powered usb's is pretty normal nowadays as most want their plugged in devices to charge overnight,
    the second issue could have something to do with 'Fast Startup'.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Edwin said:
    Powered usb's is pretty normal nowadays as most want their plugged in devices to charge overnight,
    the second issue could have something to do with 'Fast Startup'.
    Yeah for me powered usbs when it's off is more of an annoyance due to backlights on literally everything so if there's a way to turn that off you know of that'd be great.

    And I forgot windows 10 enables fast startup by default (I have a gaming pc so I hardly need it lol) where are those settings located?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 17,832
    Windows 10
       #4

    Sketch said:
    Yeah for me powered usbs when it's off is more of an annoyance due to backlights on literally everything so if there's a way to turn that off you know of that'd be great.

    And I forgot windows 10 enables fast startup by default (I have a gaming pc so I hardly need it lol) where are those settings located?
    Not sure about the powered usb's, maybe they're switchable in the BIOS or maybe in the case itself, not sure though;

    Fast Startup settings are in Control Panel►Power Options►'Choose what the power buttons do'►Shutdown settings
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Pretty sure it isn't fast boot causing the second boot not to work as the bios option for it is off and the power settings have no option for it likely due to before upgrading having disabled hyberfil.sys

    So yeah still no idea what that issue is caused by
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Well the power issue seems to relate to Erp in bios...
    still need to work out why half the boots don't progress for seemingly no reason
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums