Windows 10: Terrible DPC Latency
Terrible DPC Latency
I am using an Acer VN7 791G gaming notebook with:
- Core i5 4210M
- GTX 860M
- 8 gigs of ddr3
- no ssd
- win10 64
- Mild slowness in general.
- Constant delay of audio when playing videos, both streams and downloaded videos, movies etc.
- Visual lag spikes ranging from a few miliseconds long to seconds long during said videos, making the movie feel sluggish.
- Games either having very low, unplayable FPS or having, i don't quite know how to describe it really, I guess having some sort of visual lag with "forced" feel to it, not really drops in fps. Call it constant visual delay.
- No exceptions. I can't play any game.
- I have been having this problem for around a year.
- It initially disappeared for around 2-3 months after I disabled Intel(R) Technology Access from the app menu. It randomly started again around 7 months ago.
- Both dpc latency checker and latencymon report extremely high levels of dpc latency.
- The problem somewhat eases when I disable the wireless adapter, though does not disappear completely, further suggesting that it is related to dpc latency caused by ndis.sys as reported by latencymon.
What I have tried:
- Possibly everything you can imagine.
- Every. Possible. Thing. found in the internet related to dpc latency issues. From suggestions related to the usage of command prompt, to completely deleting my wireless adapter and reinstalling it with newer drivers or older drivers, doing pretty much the same bloody thing to every component of my pc.
- Upgraded to Windows 10 and tried everything I had already tried, again.
- Nothing worked. Nothing ever works.
I am in a month-long holiday now and would like to use my computer for some gaming and relaxation. Except I can't do that. I have exhausted all my options, and am terrorized by this issue after having to deal with it for a whole year. I know this post probably won't help, but I want to be able to say that I have tried everything, including here.
Thank you for reading, I am open to any and all suggestions.
DPC latency problems are usually caused by bum drivers. The DPC latency checker should give you a hint where to look (if you have a lot of red bars).
Has anyone else noticed that the estimed time left on the battery in windows 10 fluctuates wildly? On my xps 13 it can change almost 3 hours between checking it 5 minutes apart. Thanks!
Hi. I'm using Firefox 43 (just upgraded from 42) and the fonts are terrible. Already disabled hardware acceleration, Direct2D (as suggested here)and nothing helps.
Is there an alternative to the indescribably bad windows 10 sign-in screen?
Windows XP was perfect - use the arrow keys to move up or down to the chosen user and the password box was immediately ready for you to type your password. Quick, simple...
I can't figure this stuff out. I have 3 home windows 10 computers, all of which have solid internet connections, all of which are in the same workgroup. What kills me is how intermittent my ability to connect to other machines on my network can...
I gave Windows 10 another chance after March update and tried a VM so I upgraded main Windows 8.1 to 10 build 10041
Bios-> windows logo for some seconds->black screen for 10 minutes->desktop
While on the black screen, the HD light is...