Windows 10: Hide an gpt partition

  1.    10 Jan 2016 #1

    Hide an gpt partition


    Hi,
    i need to hide my recovery partition but i'm using gpt.
    does anyone know how to hide?
    the Set id only work in mbr mode
    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Jan 2016 #2

    Are you saying your recovery partition has been assigned a drive letter.

    If so, you could just try removing drive letter in disk management?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Jan 2016 #3

    cereberus said: View Post
    Are you saying your recovery partition has been assigned a drive letter.

    If so, you could just try removing drive letter in disk management?
    Thanks for replying.
    I'm using winpe to deploy my computers but i need to hide my recovery partition to not be seen in Windows.
    I know how to remove drive letter in Windows using diskpart, but i need to hide in winpe after applying the image.
    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Jan 2016 #4

    Assuming your recovery partition is 1, using diskpart
    Code:
    select disk 0
    select partition 1
    remove
    set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
    gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
    Deploy Windows RE
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Jan 2016 #5

    lx07 said: View Post
    Assuming your recovery partition is 1, using diskpart
    Code:
    select disk 0
    select partition 1
    remove
    set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
    gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
    Deploy Windows RE
    Thank you i will try it out.
    But remove option will not delete the partition?
    And how can i show it again to make a backup.
    Thank you once again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Jan 2016 #6

    It will not delete the partition.

    remove removes any assigned drive letter, assign letter=x assigns drive letter x to the currently selected partition.

    You don't normally need to assign a drive letter to make a backup though (depending how you are doing it).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Jan 2016 #7

    lx07 said: View Post
    It will not delete the partition.

    remove removes any assigned drive letter, assign letter=x assigns drive letter x to the currently selected partition.

    You don't normally need to assign a drive letter to make a backup though (depending how you are doing it).
    I'm using dism to backup and restore.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    11 Jan 2016 #8

    lx07 said: View Post
    Assuming your recovery partition is 1, using diskpart
    Code:
    select disk 0
    select partition 1
    remove
    set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
    gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
    Deploy Windows RE
    I just want to thank you.
    the gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001 works flawless.
    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    12 Jan 2016 #9

    You are most welcome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My display language is English, and it seems I cannot remove the English keyboard layout (is it true?...
Hey all, I have noticed this for a while. I have the task bar set to auto hide - this works most of the time, but, occasionally it stays up on screen and won't hide. Not the end of the world, but, it would be good have this niggle solved. Any...
Hide tray icons in General Support
Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. 33220
Can't hide folders!!! in General Support
Solved it!
Hide Date in Taskbar ? in Customization
Hi, Can I hide the date (but not the time) in the taskbar ? On Win8 it would not show when using small taskbar buttons. Thanks.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:23.
Find Us