Windows 10: CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    05 Jan 2016 #1

    CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp


    CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

    Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC

    But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    06 Jan 2016 #2

    Those programs are not reliable for AMD platform, This AMD OverDriveā„¢ Technology
    should give you much better look at what's going on. For temperatures look at "Temperature margin" Higher, the better at 10c or so it will start throttling like crazy. It also provides many more details than any other monitoring program.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,431
    EL Capitan
       06 Jan 2016 #3

    CountMike said: View Post
    Those programs are not reliable for AMD platform, This AMD OverDriveā„¢ Technology
    should give you much better look at what's going on. For temperatures look at "Temperature margin" Higher, the better at 10c or so it will start throttling like crazy. It also provides many more details than any other monitoring program.
    Core Temp has been the most reliable out of any, since the software writer has been keeping it updated, compared to other programs.

    I have never had any issues with Core Temp reporting proper temp's with AMD CPU's. Now there are some out there that may be newer CPU's, that the writer of Core Temp needs the logs from the program, in order to update.

    As long as the user is not doing anything unusual, Core Temp should be reporting the proper temps.

    The only thing that most users will not benefit from using the AMD Overdrive software, is that it is directed towards the gamers, not casual users.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Jan 2016 #4

    Now why would AMD Overdrive be for gamers, not casual or any other users ? It's much more detailed for troubleshooting and OCing purposes. It is also only AMD specific program. all of the rest are more geared toward Intel platform. There are also programs that come from parts manufacturers and are for specific makes of MB as well as GPUs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Jan 2016 #5

    bro67 said: View Post
    Core Temp has been the most reliable out of any, since the software writer has been keeping it updated, compared to other programs.

    I have never had any issues with Core Temp reporting proper temp's with AMD CPU's. Now there are some out there that may be newer CPU's, that the writer of Core Temp needs the logs from the program, in order to update.

    As long as the user is not doing anything unusual, Core Temp should be reporting the proper temps.

    The only thing that most users will not benefit from using the AMD Overdrive software, is that it is directed towards the gamers, not casual users.
    Hi
    I am certain I used to see the CPU temps with both these programs.....when i boot into the bios the temp is displayed perfectly, so I assume from this the sensor must be ok...the only change I have made....and it may have been after this issue i cant remember.. i turned off cpu parking as this is meant to improve performance.....no doubt someone here will yell me i shouldnt have done that and that it makes no difference LOL
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Jan 2016 #6

    reddwarf4ever said: View Post
    Hi
    I am certain I used to see the CPU temps with both these programs.....when i boot into the bios the temp is displayed perfectly, so I assume from this the sensor must be ok...the only change I have made....and it may have been after this issue i cant remember.. i turned off cpu parking as this is meant to improve performance.....no doubt someone here will yell me i shouldnt have done that and that it makes no difference LOL
    No, it CAN make difference, every split second it looses while unparking can make difference. It's always turned off when OCing or troubleshooting. In normal use with programs that don't have such load fluctuations like games is OK.
    Did you try AOD ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    06 Jan 2016 #7

    Hi
    No, not yet....using IPAD at moment, will turn the PC on a try....I have turned perking OFF....so will this affect temperature reporting ?
    I used a registry file to add the parking option within power options, it has a value 0-100% its current
    y at 100% so i assume this means no parking....am i correct ?
    I was told turning off parking can do no harm and will improve performance....is this wrong ? should i turn it back to normal ? would a setting of 0% be the normal parking option in power options ?

    sorry just want to be clear...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 Jan 2016 #8

    reddwarf4ever said: View Post
    Hi
    No, not yet....using IPAD at moment, will turn the PC on a try....I have turned perking OFF....so will this affect temperature reporting ?
    I used a registry file to add the parking option within power options, it has a value 0-100% its current
    y at 100% so i assume this means no parking....am i correct ?
    I was told turning off parking can do no harm and will improve performance....is this wrong ? should i turn it back to normal ? would a setting of 0% be the normal parking option in power options ?

    sorry just want to be clear...
    My processors are always OCed to max, no power or other saving modes and running 24/7, as long as cooling is good, no problem. With core parking/unparking all the time voltage fluctuates too and with it temperature and other readings which are not always in sync and not instant either.
    AOD has logging too so you can see how everything was behaving over time. Don't have that cor parking for my processor but in CCC I set power savings at 100% minimum and 100% max so it stays on max all the time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    06 Jan 2016 #9

    apparently, according to what i have fead core parking only works for intel CPU's is this correct ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    06 Jan 2016 #10

    reddwarf4ever said: View Post
    apparently, according to what i have fead core parking only works for intel CPU's is this correct ?
    It's core boost on AMD, same thing but other way around.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
CPU temp., new case & Water Cooling in Performance & Maintenance
Hello, I currently running Windows 10. Intel i5-750 Lynnfield since October 2009 Now my CPU have about ~72°C degrees when running a game. I think it's too high and want a new Water Cooling What do you think? Do you recommend? And how to choose?...
Hi folks! I just can't get the new Core Temp version 1.0 RC7 to work properly with my Win 10 Pro RTM installation. I am using it with Desktop Gadgets All CPU Meter. I can get it to do everything but load itself at Windows 10 startup. The option...
Used Speccy as well as HWMonitor gave me the same temps. Not sure why I'm getting this temp but my PC seems to be normal and running but I'm just wondering why it's doing that, It was normal on Windows 8.1 when I installed Windows 10 it started...
Windows 10 Temp Folder in Performance & Maintenance
I have 19 items in my temp folder that will not delete. They all start with AppX. When I try to delete, I get a can't delete in use by another file message. I have tried searching the items but nothing. I have been unsuccessful in...
CPU temp -- is this running too hot ? in Drivers and Hardware
Hi there running a fairly heavy but not unduly load the CPU seems to be running at about 75 deg C peak -- Avg about 61 deg C. Is this likely to cause trouble over prolonged periods. I know that these devices can run extremely hot but I don't...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.
Find Us