Trouble with new keyboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 17,133
    Windows 10
       #1

    Trouble with new keyboard


    Hi folks,

    I was given a CM Storm Devastator gaming keyboard and mouse for Christmas.

    I plugged everything in and my mouse lighted up right away. however, in order to turn the keyboard lights on I have to press SCR LK. The problem is that when I do that all it does is turn the scroll lock on and off. It does nothing to the keyboard.

    So how do I activate the back light?

    Thanks for any assistance!

    -Chuck

    EDIT: It does, however, work with Windows 8.
    Last edited by Chuck38; 26 Dec 2014 at 13:01.
      My Computer

  2. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 17,133
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #2

    So, for some reason it doesn't play well with Windows 10 but it does work on Windows 8.

    I guess it just doesn't support Windows 10.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,119
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #3

    in order to turn the keyboard lights on I have to press SCR LK
    If you're talking about the NumLock and CapsLock lights -- then join the rest of us, who have different keyboards whose lights also do not work under Win10 latest build.
      My Computer

  4. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 17,133
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4
      My Computer

  5. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,694
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #5

    Could it be due to drivers that are not in Win10?? I have the Corsair K40 and the drivers are in Win10 but to get all the colors I have to install software.

    Just a thought..
    EDIT: And on my keyboard the button to turn the lights on and off are not in the same place as yours. It's totally separate from the main keyboard.
    Jeff
      My Computer

  6. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 17,133
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    BunnyJ said:
    Could it be due to drivers that are not in Win10?? I have the Corsair K40 and the drivers are in Win10 but to get all the colors I have to install software.

    Just a thought..
    Jeff
    But a good thought! Is there anyway I could confirm that?
      My Computer


  7. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,694
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #7

    Chuck38 said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Could it be due to drivers that are not in Win10?? I have the Corsair K40 and the drivers are in Win10 but to get all the colors I have to install software.

    Just a thought..
    Jeff
    But a good thought! Is there anyway I could confirm that?
    First I would go to the MFG website to see if they have any drivers for download for that keyboard.
    If that doesn't work then I would check if there this might be an issue with Win8. If so that solution might fix the issue you're having with Win10. Just a thought again.

    In the end it could just be the numlock issue that is occurring with the current build of Win10. If you like you can always go to the previous build and test the keyboard to see if it works. The numlock issue was not there.



    HTH
    Have a good day,
    Jeff :)
      My Computer

  8. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 17,133
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    BunnyJ said:
    Chuck38 said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Could it be due to drivers that are not in Win10?? I have the Corsair K40 and the drivers are in Win10 but to get all the colors I have to install software.

    Just a thought..
    Jeff
    But a good thought! Is there anyway I could confirm that?
    First I would go to the MFG website to see if they have any drivers for download for that keyboard.
    If that doesn't work then I would check if there this might be an issue with Win8. If so that solution might fix the issue you're having with Win10. Just a thought again.

    In the end it could just be the numlock issue that is occurring with the current build of Win10. If you like you can always go to the previous build and test the keyboard to see if it works. The numlock issue was not there.



    HTH
    Have a good day,
    Jeff :)
    Thanks, Jeff! I'll try your suggestions! :)
      My Computer

  9. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,694
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #9

    Chuck38 said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Chuck38 said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Could it be due to drivers that are not in Win10?? I have the Corsair K40 and the drivers are in Win10 but to get all the colors I have to install software.

    Just a thought..
    Jeff
    But a good thought! Is there anyway I could confirm that?
    First I would go to the MFG website to see if they have any drivers for download for that keyboard.
    If that doesn't work then I would check if there this might be an issue with Win8. If so that solution might fix the issue you're having with Win10. Just a thought again.

    In the end it could just be the numlock issue that is occurring with the current build of Win10. If you like you can always go to the previous build and test the keyboard to see if it works. The numlock issue was not there.



    HTH
    Have a good day,
    Jeff :)
    Thanks, Jeff! I'll try your suggestions! :)
    Your so welcome. Have a great day!!
      My Computer

  10. Lee's Avatar
    Lee
    Posts : 4,793
    OS X, Win 10
       #10

    Good chance they don't have them as of yet because Win 10 isn't yet an actual OS (supposedly).
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums