1.    02 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10

    Printer problems!


    Installed Win 10 a few months ago, everything was fine, have now istalled the latest update Win 10 version1511 [OS Build 10586.14] and the printer will not print.
    Any suggestions how to overcome this please?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyboy View Post
    Installed Win 10 a few months ago, everything was fine, have now istalled the latest update Win 10 version1511 [OS Build 10586.14] and the printer will not print.
    Any suggestions how to overcome this please?
    NOW SOLVED, required a new Driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Cambridge
    Posts : 3
    windows 10

    After installing 1511 my laserjet 6p won't work. I installed an up to date driver but it made no difference. Any ideas? When will MS correct their fault?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,647
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by rie View Post
    After installing 1511 my laserjet 6p won't work. I installed an up to date driver but it made no difference. Any ideas? When will MS correct their fault?
    How it doesn't work, are you getting Printer not available ?
    Uninstall all the other drivers and try, it helped me with same printer, also have an HP 4L working with drivers updated thru Printers and Devices panel.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    16 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Cambridge
    Posts : 3
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    How it doesn't work, are you getting Printer not available ?
    Uninstall all the other drivers and try, it helped me with same printer, also have an HP 4L working with drivers updated thru Printers and Devices panel.
    Windows 10 error message pings immediately. Have tried uninstalling old drivers and reinstalling.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,647
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by rie View Post
    Windows 10 error message pings immediately. Have tried uninstalling old drivers and reinstalling.
    Where did you get drivers from and which way is printer connected to computer, LPT port or USB adapter ?
    I got them thru Printers and Devices panel > Ad Printer and let it download and install from MS over internet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    16 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Cambridge
    Posts : 3
    windows 10

    drivers from MS like you. Neither connecting through LPT or printer server (HP Jetdirect300) works
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Hardware & Drivers Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer
How to Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer Starting in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Microsoft is introducing a new mode that makes your default printer the last printer you used. This change helps ensure the best...
Tutorials
Problems connecting to wireless printer
We have a new (albeit old) wireless printer (HP Color laserjet CP3525) with a wireless adapter card. Computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8 could see the network and connect. All computers could then print to the printer. None of our computers...
Network and Sharing
Printer Problems and File Share Problems
After upgrading to Windows 10 I had printer problems with my wireless HP printer. I could print from the laptop but not the desktop. The desktop installation had deleted the IP address to the printer. I had to re-install it from disk and do some...
Network and Sharing
HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10
Hi, New to this Forum. I have a Hp-Stream 13, which I installed Windows 10. I immediately started having problems with Wifi. The image on the taskbar shows a partially yellowed out Wifi Icon. When I try to go online a windows message comes...
Drivers and Hardware
Printer
Hi guys; i'm trying to install hp printer drivers from HP CD to print stuff but can't print anything from the web. when i put the HP printer cd to install i get this see pic.
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums