Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    04 Dec 2014 #21
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 940
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I so rarely look at them, I didn't even notice until it was mentioned here but now it's annoying.
    Me, too. I use Win8.1 nearly all the time, where they do work, and I only notice them because I keep accidentally hitting the left Caps Lock key. I didn't notice this was not working in the latest TP build until I read about it -- and then tried my keyboard to confirm they don't work anymore.

    No, it's not a show stopper -- but given the frequency of my hitting the caps lock key and now only noticing because I'm typing in upper case, it is annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    04 Dec 2014 #22
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    wHy, What'S wRonG wItH LighTs FoR cAPS_lOcK Not WoRkIng ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    04 Dec 2014 #23
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Newport, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,907
    Windows 10 Pro x64 FCU - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing

    I rarely see them even on keyboards that have them, (they are not present on most of my keyboards - wireless). I find I simply do not use the keys - I haven't used the Scroll lock key since the heady days of mainframes and dumb terminals, the shift keys are used to capitalise letters, and the Num Lock is permanently left on (even my laptop has a full size keyboard, so I do not need to use the embedded options of the old condensed units).

    I do occasionally also accidentally hit caps lock rather than the shift but this is not a major issue
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    04 Dec 2014 #24
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
    I rarely see them even on keyboards that have them, (they are not present on most of my keyboards - wireless). I find I simply do not use the keys - I haven't used the Scroll lock key since the heady days of mainframes and dumb terminals, the shift keys are used to capitalise letters, and the Num Lock is permanently left on (even my laptop has a full size keyboard, so I do not need to use the embedded options of the old condensed units).

    I do occasionally also accidentally hit caps lock rather than the shift but this is not a major issue
    Yeah, that's another question, what's that Scroll lock button used for nowadays ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    06 Dec 2014 #25
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 344
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Yeah, that's another question, what's that Scroll lock button used for nowadays ?
    Not for much but in Microsoft Excel, for example, selecting scroll lock causes the arrow keys to move the screen with the selected cell remaining the same while unselecting it causes the arrow keys to select different cells depending on the arrow key used.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 Dec 2014 #26
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by pbcopter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Yeah, that's another question, what's that Scroll lock button used for nowadays ?
    Not for much but in Microsoft Excel, for example, selecting scroll lock causes the arrow keys to move the screen with the selected cell remaining the same while unselecting it causes the arrow keys to select different cells depending on the arrow key used.
    So it actually it just gets remapped by an application and is not used as intended ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Trouble with new keyboard
Hi folks, I was given a CM Storm Devastator gaming keyboard and mouse for Christmas. I plugged everything in and my mouse lighted up right away. however, in order to turn the keyboard lights on I have to press SCR LK. The problem is that...
Drivers and Hardware
Ms Folding Keyboard
Hi there This looks a winner - around 6o GBP / 100 USD to be released in July -- will handle more than ONE device simultaneously. ...
Drivers and Hardware
keyboard
Hooray, my keyboard lights work with build 9926:chuckle:
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function
Hello! Since the most recent build of W-10 (9879), my caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock lights do not function on either computer on which I have W-10 installed (a desktop with a USB keyboard and a laptop with an integrated keyboard). The keys...
General Support
No Caps Lock Lights? Microsoft Says a Fix Is on Its Way.
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums