Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    10 Nov 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 59
    win10

    asus a52f webcam image upside down


    Asus a52f laptop w10/64 video picture is upside down. Device manager, okay no red/yellow marks, info Device USB\VID_13D3&PID_5130&MI_00\7&3222d138&0&0000 - driver provided by MS version 10.0.10240.16384 (2006!). Looked on the Asus website only shows drivers for win7.

    Any ideas whether there is either a new win10 driver or an app to flip the image?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Nov 2015 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,372
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.674)

    Try in an application such as Skype. If there are any camera settings, maybe there is one to rotate or flip the image. I would also install the Windows 7 driver and hide the relevant driver update to prevent Windows Update replacing it again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    10 Nov 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 59
    win10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by spapakons View Post
    Try in an application such as Skype. If there are any camera settings, maybe there is one to rotate or flip the image. I would also install the Windows 7 driver and hide the relevant driver update to prevent Windows Update replacing it again.
    Very merry thanks for yr suggestions, unfortunately I have tried the Asus win 7 drivers which don't work at all, further Skype I don't believe has a flip capability.

    If Microsoft provides the win7/64 drivers (back in 06), surely they would have a win 10 driver? But where? Looking for an auto update just says I have the latest driver (as in my experience it usually does!),
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Nov 2015 #4
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,372
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.674)

    Why Windows 7 driver doesn't work? If you cannot install it normally, try to right-click the setup and select Properties. Then go at the Compatibility tab, check the box to enable the list and select the Windows 7 from the list. Also check the box to Run as Administrator. If this still doesn't work, click the search icon and type device. Click to open Device Manager. Expand the Imaging Devices and right-click on your camera. Select Update driver, then the last option. Again select the last option, until you see a Have disk button. Click on that and browse to the folder where you extracted the Windows 7 driver. Install it and your camera should work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Nov 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 59
    win10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by spapakons View Post
    Why Windows 7 driver doesn't work? If you cannot install it normally, try to right-click the setup and select Properties. Then go at the Compatibility tab, check the box to enable the list and select the Windows 7 from the list. Also check the box to Run as Administrator. If this still doesn't work, click the search icon and type device. Click to open Device Manager. Expand the Imaging Devices and right-click on your camera. Select Update driver, then the last option. Again select the last option, until you see a Have disk button. Click on that and browse to the folder where you extracted the Windows 7 driver. Install it and your camera should work.

    Thank you... I hadn't thought about compatability mode. However whether I run it ordinarily or in win7/64 compat mode I get the same error "Something went wrong" - pretty useful eh?

    As to the other suggestion, as above already tried without any joy...........

    If it helps, using the camera drivers from the upgrade I see a file called "usbvideo.inf"; when I try the Asus win 7 driver, I see "snp2uvc.inf" - strange as I have cross referenced the right PID

    Lets summarise: After the upgrade to win10 the image is fine but upside down. Trying to upgrade the drivers from Asus for win 7/64 (PID5130), we get no image, just a diagnostic thats something is wrong, which isn't very helpful.
    Surfing the web, I see others with this problem, but no solution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Nov 2015 #6
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,372
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.674)

    Your only option is to find compatible drivers by putting the vendor ID (VID or Ven) and the product ID (PID or Dev) codes at Google. You can get these from device Properties in Device Manager. From Details tab select Hardware IDs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Nov 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 59
    win10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by spapakons View Post
    Your only option is to find compatible drivers by putting the vendor ID (VID or Ven) and the product ID (PID or Dev) codes at Google. You can get these from device Properties in Device Manager. From Details tab select Hardware IDs.
    Thanks, but you may guess that I already tried that, only Asus comes up.

    So either MS needs to sort this win 10 bug or Asus needs new drivers; probably the latter; al;so found the Asus ATK bloatware is incompatible too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    10

    sorry to dig up an oldish thread but did you find a solution to this? Currently having same issue with different Asus laptop but same hardware ID
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 59
    win10
    Thread Starter

    Quickly, no I did get confirmation from Asus, that they had no plans to issue new drivers for win10 on my model
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,372
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.674)

    As said before, your only option is to Google with hardware IDs and download as many different drivers you can find. Then test them one-by-one until someone works for you. Do not run the setup, open Device Manager and try to manually force the driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Asus webcam is dark, unusable
Hi everyone, as far as I know, this has started since upgrading to Windows 10. the webcam is very dark but still functioning, as in, if I hold a light in front of it, it will appear on the screen. to me it looks like low exposure time. I...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Asus Webcam Driver
On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is...
Drivers and Hardware
Screen upside down when portrait, fine when landscape?
I've got a kind of weird bug. I have an Asus Book Flip TP500LN (like a Lenovo Yoga but with bigger screen and Nvidia 840m) and although it automatically switches to tablet mode when flipped just fine, if I rotate to portrait the screen is...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved (Solved) Screen upside down when portrait, fine when landscape?Asus TP
(SOLVED)I DID IT!. ASUS techs are useless. Don't bother calling them or Microsoft as I did both with no success. Here's the fix. This is for ASUS TP500LA and maybe others. Get to CONTROL PANEL and Click on DEVICE MANAGER. Scroll or look down until...
Drivers and Hardware
External monitor rotates upside down when I turn off built in display
Hi, I am running W10 and whenever I have an external monitor connected to a Dell Inspiron 7348 laptop and choose show only on monitor 2 or I close the laptop lid which disable the laptop screen, the 2nd monitor turns upside down. I have updated...
Graphic Cards
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums