Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,288
    Win 10 Pro x64
       09 Nov 2015 #11

    Try downloading the Win 10 scanner app and check if it will detect your scanner. I have a simple AIO Epson printer-scanner and I have to use the Windows app to use the scanner.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,071
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       09 Nov 2015 #12

    Or simply install the Windows 8 driver which it should work and also enable all your scanner's features (TWAIN interface). The Windows scanner driver (WIA interface) is for basic scanning only. Not all features are accessible.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    windows 10 64bit
       10 Nov 2015 #13

    thanks that worked and i can even use the epson scan utility as well

    WildOne said: View Post
    Try this Windows 10 driver for the Epson Perfection 2400....Worked great for my Epson Perfection 1660...(there also a 32 bit edition if you need}

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_W_10-64

    Instructions to install if you need it:

    Install software FIRST with scanner disconnected (USB). Connect scanner go to Device Manager (WIN + X) find scanner. Right click proceeded to update driver. Choose look in local files; let me choose from list...choose Image... Epson perfection 2400 photo...install....choose yes when asked about install wrong driver....reboot...check Windows 10 for updates just to make sure driver is not update or replaced by Windows
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10
       10 Nov 2015 #14

    You are welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    windows 10 64bit
       10 Nov 2015 #15



    WildOne said: View Post
    Try this Windows 10 driver for the Epson Perfection 2400....Worked great for my Epson Perfection 1660...(there also a 32 bit edition if you need}

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_W_10-64

    Instructions to install if you need it:

    Install software FIRST with scanner disconnected (USB). Connect scanner go to Device Manager (WIN + X) find scanner. Right click proceeded to update driver. Choose look in local files; let me choose from list...choose Image... Epson perfection 2400 photo...install....choose yes when asked about install wrong driver....reboot...check Windows 10 for updates just to make sure driver is not update or replaced by Windows
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
       01 Jan 2016 #16

    Epson Perfection 1640SU driver for windows 10


    rainbowbob said: View Post
    I have follow the instruction above but still could not get it to work. I have the same Epson Scanner as yours. Would you mind helping me by giving step by step instruction of how to get the driver to install and get Epson Scan Utility to worked.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 48
    Windows 10
       01 Jan 2016 #17

    [QUOTE=pkmicro;519228]I have follow the instruction above but still could not get it to work. I have the same Epson Scanner as yours. Would you mind helping me by giving step by step instruction of how to get the driver to install and get Epson Scan Utility to worked.[/QUOT


    Hi,

    Need to look at device manager (WIN + X) under imaging devices and see if Epson perfection 2400 is installed. If so, check properties (left click) to see if working properly. Click driver tab too, should see 3.0.4.0 dated 12/21/2006. What is the name & model # of your scanner; i.e., Epson perfection 1660, etc...?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,071
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       01 Jan 2016 #18

    If still doesn't work, uninstall any scanner software from Programs and Features and then remove any device related to the scanner from Device manager. Restart your system and attempt to install the driver again in Windows 8 compatibility mode with Administrator rights, to be extra sure.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
       01 Jan 2016 #19

    [QUOTE=WildOne;519515]
    pkmicro said: View Post
    I have follow the instruction above but still could not get it to work. I have the same Epson Scanner as yours. Would you mind helping me by giving step by step instruction of how to get the driver to install and get Epson Scan Utility to worked.[/QUOT


    Hi,

    Need to look at device manager (WIN + X) under imaging devices and see if Epson perfection 2400 is installed. If so, check properties (left click) to see if working properly. Click driver tab too, should see 3.0.4.0 dated 12/21/2006. What is the name & model # of your scanner; i.e., Epson perfection 1660, etc...?
    Thanks for your quick response(WildOne). Yes, under imaging devices "Epson perfection 2400"is installed and shown working properly but the driver tab shown dated 8/26/2006 version 1.0.0.10. My scanner is Epson perfection 1640SU. How do I update to newer version? and what is the next step? TIA
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
       01 Jan 2016 #20

    spapakons said: View Post
    If still doesn't work, uninstall any scanner software from Programs and Features and then remove any device related to the scanner from Device manager. Restart your system and attempt to install the driver again in Windows 8 compatibility mode with Administrator rights, to be extra sure.
    Thanks, I will try that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10
I've been experimenting with Windows 10 using a VM (VirtualBox) before upgrading. One challenge has been to see if I could get my old 1999 Epson Perfection 1200 scanner working in Windows 10 since Epson do not provide any 64 bit drivers. I...
Drivers and Hardware
Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver
Hope this may be of help to someone.:) The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
Drivers and Hardware
EPSON Stylus Office BX300F - Scanner Driver
Have got an EPSON Stylus Office BX300F. I can still print but the Scanner part has stopped since I upgraded to Windows 10. I have been on the Epson site and got new Drivers for Printer ok. Nothing for the scanner. This is an all in one...
Drivers and Hardware
cannot uninstall Epson Printer
Following upgrade to 10 I need to uninstall Epson Printer and reinstall. have initiated uninstall but it will not complete the process. Anyone any ideas how to achieve this please?
Drivers and Hardware
Software/Drivers for Epson Perfection 1670 scanner using Win 10
Does anyone know of any software/drivers that will work with an Epson Perfection 1670 scanner using Windows 10 ? There is none on the Epson website listed for Windows 10. Jack
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums