Windows 10: Block USB storage?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    30 Oct 2015 #11
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,481
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1803 (April 2018 build 17134.48)
       30 Oct 2015 #12

    Another great tool to add at my utility collection! Thank you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    31 Oct 2015 #13

    Thanks for all your help guys, but all I want it to be notified in any way when someone connects a pen drive to any of my PCs. That's all.

    Anyone knows how to do that?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    31 Oct 2015 #14

    Something like this: Download USBLogView - MajorGeeks ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,481
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1803 (April 2018 build 17134.48)
       31 Oct 2015 #15

    Thanks CountMike! you are full of useful utilities. I'll add this in my collection too. Can it send the log by e-mail? Never mind, you can always connect via TeamViewer to check the log.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    31 Oct 2015 #16

    spapakons said: View Post
    Thanks CountMike! you are full of useful utilities. I'll add this in my collection too.
    I'm somewhat of a packrat when it comes to small utilities. Specially like small, specialized programs unlike those ones that do everything but clean windows but I can use only fraction of it's capabilities.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    31 Oct 2015 #17

    But but.... Isn't there a way I could get notified instantly when someone connects a pen drive?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    31 Oct 2015 #18

    lolcocks said: View Post
    But but.... Isn't there a way I could get notified instantly when someone connects a pen drive?
    Notified where, by which means, internet, e-mail, cell phone ? You'd have to be in constant contact with your computer you want to monitor. A logistic nightmare in the works.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,481
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1803 (April 2018 build 17134.48)
       31 Oct 2015 #19

    You can just install TeamViewer and check any time from another computer or tablet. TeamViewer's password changes after each reboot, but you can also define a secret permanent password so you can connect anytime you want. Connect, run the utility to see the USB log and you are OK. In extreme cases you can even install a security camera or configure a webcam with surveillance software to see who was sitting on the computer at that time and what he did. There are parental control programs that can tell you exactly when the computer was used, which websites where visited and which applications where opened. It depends what you are trying to do.

    As for USB storage, I think the best is your case is to combine the two utilities. The first to block access to pen drives and the second to see if anyone attempted to connect a pen drive and when was that. Also make other users standard so not to be able to alter your restrictions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    31 Oct 2015 #20

    CountMike said: View Post
    Notified where, by which means, internet, e-mail, cell phone ? You'd have to be in constant contact with your computer you want to monitor. A logistic nightmare in the works.
    Any ways, like literally, email, call, SMS, slap across the face. Anything is fine.


    spapakons said: View Post
    You can just install TeamViewer and check any time from another computer or tablet. TeamViewer's password changes after each reboot, but you can also define a secret permanent password so you can connect anytime you want. Connect, run the utility to see the USB log and you are OK. In extreme cases you can even install a security camera or configure a webcam with surveillance software to see who was sitting on the computer at that time and what he did. There are parental control programs that can tell you exactly when the computer was used, which websites where visited and which applications where opened. It depends what you are trying to do.

    As for USB storage, I think the best is your case is to combine the two utilities. The first to block access to pen drives and the second to see if anyone attempted to connect a pen drive and when was that. Also make other users standard so not to be able to alter your restrictions.

    I kind of wanted it to be without anyone knowing and without me connecting to TeamViewer all the time, like I have 8 PCs.

    Sorry for being such a nuisance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved M$ block my key in Windows Updates and Activation
Here my sad story, on the 29th of July I updated my son PC from 7 ultimate to 10 pro. Last Monday, I received an Intel 240GB SSD to replace the WD 640gb Black, Before switch I check the windows key and it was not he one of the 7 ultimate, so I...
Solved How to block a driver update? in General Support
Hey Guys This new way of forcing updates is poorly thought out. A new touchpad driver keeps installing, which then causes the touchpad to stop working until I plug in an external mouse and roll back the driver! Is there a way to block/ not...
9-letter Block Puzzle in Chillout Room
Rules: Find as many words as you can. Only common nouns allowed. Minimum 4 letters per word. All words must contain compulsory letter
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:30.
Find Us