Windows 10: Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10

  1.    23 Oct 2015 #1

    Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10


    Hi,

    I've updated my laptop to Windows 10 and now the touchpad is really slow to react. I've checked the settings and it was set to a medium delay which I've now changed to no delay but it's still doing it. I've checked in device manager and it says the driver software is up to date as well.

    It's not the worst problem in the world, I can still use my laptop, it's just a bit annoying.

    P.S I've never used a forum before so sorry if I've done anything wrong!

    Thanks :-)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,436
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709 (FCU build 16299.248)
       23 Oct 2015 #2

    Probably Windows Update replaced the driver with a generic from Microsoft that it is not so compatible. Visit manufacturer's support site, download the touchpad driver and install it. Any Windows version, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 will work on 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    25 Oct 2015 #3

    spapakons said: View Post
    Probably Windows Update replaced the driver with a generic from Microsoft that it is not so compatible. Visit manufacturer's support site, download the touchpad driver and install it. Any Windows version, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 will work on 10.
    Thanks, I'll give this a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 Oct 2015 #4

    ArualC said: View Post
    Thanks, I'll give this a try.
    Go to the following site: Home - HP Support Forum

    When you post there, folks will need the detailed product number of your PC. This HP support site thread has the details: Finding Your HP Product Model Number | HP® Customer Support

    Good Luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    26 Oct 2015 #5

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    Go to the following site: Home - HP Support Forum

    When you post there, folks will need the detailed product number of your PC. This HP support site thread has the details: Finding Your HP Product Model Number | HP® Customer Support

    Good Luck
    Thanks, I'll have a look on there as I still can't seem to get it sorted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,436
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709 (FCU build 16299.248)
       26 Oct 2015 #6

    Most other devices, such as USB controllers, depend on system resources that are part of the chipset. Update the chipset drivers to be on the safe side, and if problem persist, reinstall the touchpad driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Jan 2016 #7

    Same issue


    ArualC said: View Post
    Hi,

    I've updated my laptop to Windows 10 and now the touchpad is really slow to react. I've checked the settings and it was set to a medium delay which I've now changed to no delay but it's still doing it. I've checked in device manager and it says the driver software is up to date as well.

    It's not the worst problem in the world, I can still use my laptop, it's just a bit annoying.

    P.S I've never used a forum before so sorry if I've done anything wrong!

    Thanks
    Hi

    I am currently having the same issue. I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-7000. I did the same steps you did with no avail. I went to HP website and there was no driver available for me to download, also Windows update is up to date. I was hoping you or someone else was able to solve this issue by now.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 2,436
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709 (FCU build 16299.248)
       11 Jan 2016 #8

    As said before, update the chipset drivers first in order for other devices to report properly to Windows and to install properly. Then try updating the touchpad drivers, if necessary.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    11 Jan 2016 #9

    Cynara said: View Post
    Hi

    I am currently having the same issue. I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-7000. I did the same steps you did with no avail. I went to HP website and there was no driver available for me to download, also Windows update is up to date. I was hoping you or someone else was able to solve this issue by now.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Hi,

    I got this resolved in the end. I had to roll back the driver and mine works fine again now :) if you do any major updates you might have to do it again but I did it a couple of months ago and have only had to do it once again since.

    Hope that helps!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    11 Jan 2016 #10

    Fixed


    Thanks ArualC and spapakons.

    Before trying your advice I decided to play with the touchpad settings. The answer was to go to Touchpad advanced settings and change Filter Activation Time to 0 seconds. The solution was not a driver issue after all. I hope my solution helps others.

    Now, I am addressing the two-second black screen when plugging and unplugging cable charger. I am going to head and search in the forum.

    Anyway, thank you for the quick reply :).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Hello, Need to undertake the above for my daughter's college course. Haven't a clue where to start and I am not particularly technical (understatement). Have found a lot stuff here about merits of FAT and exFat, but just need a working how to....
    Hi I hope someone out there is able to help me. I upgraded to Windows 10 two days ago, and I really like the new OS. However I have problem with my touchpad and therefore mouse clicking. Two things:
    Updating to windows 10 Problem in Windows Updates and Activation
    Hello, I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 but unfortunately it fails. Here what i'm getting there is one windows update that cannot get updated (KB2952664) error 8004402F And Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Error details: Code 80070050 What...
    I had this problem back in windows 8 but I fixed it but simply turning off smartsense but I updated to windows 10 yesterday and when I try to do that it does not work. I have tried to look for people with the same problem but I have found none. Any...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:43.
    Find Us