Windows 10: epson printer driver wont install

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    14 Oct 2015 #1

    epson printer driver wont install


    i've updated to windows 10 on my pc and i'm unable to download the driver for my epson sx235w printer to my pc. i've tried the install disc and also via the drivers online. each time it starts to download the drivers it gets stuck on the download part with the spinning wheel for at least 30mins.
    the printer was working perfectly on windows 8 via a usb cable, but since going to windows 10 the printer isnt recognised and the drivers wont install.
    please help?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,290
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.540)
       14 Oct 2015 #2

    Try to right-click on the setup file. Select Properties and then click on the compatibility tab. Check and set the version to Windows 8 and also check the Run as Administrator box. Try running the setup again, this time it should succeed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    14 Oct 2015 #3

    I'm a little confused by your post.

    Are you unable to download the driver installation package from Epson? (It's approx. 24 MB in size for the X64 version.) I had no difficulty in getting it from the UK (I'm in the USA). The file is from an FTP site, which might be relevant depending on the security settings of your internet access. (My cable modem at home, when set to its highest security settings, doesn't like FTP.) I would expect whatever application you're using to get the file to either fail to connect or to time out long before 30 minutes, but I could be wrong.

    If you are using the word "download" for "install", perhaps you need to run the installer in compatibility mode. The drivers date from 2013, so they obviously were not written for Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    14 Oct 2015 #4

    thanks for the replies guys.
    i've tried running in compatability mode. what basically happens is the starts to extract but again nopthing happens a box appears saying its extracting and doesnt give me the option to press the setup button. only cancel and about buttons.
    btw im a bit of a novice with this so bear with me.
    i'm lost now tbh.
    just seems that whatever i try be it install from cd, download file and try and install from internet it never completes the action. always seems to have the spinning wheel etc
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       14 Oct 2015 #5

    mikeyboy said: View Post
    thanks for the replies guys.
    i've tried running in compatability mode. what basically happens is the starts to extract but again nopthing happens a box appears saying its extracting and doesnt give me the option to press the setup button. only cancel and about buttons.
    btw im a bit of a novice with this so bear with me.
    i'm lost now tbh.
    just seems that whatever i try be it install from cd, download file and try and install from internet it never completes the action. always seems to have the spinning wheel etc
    Question, having issues installing other software ? I have Epson XP-600 drivers are just as old as yours and is working fine for me in 64bit Windows 10.
    http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pro...3aU8U003D&tc=6
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    14 Oct 2015 #6

    jds63 said: View Post
    Question, having issues installing other software ? I have Epson XP-600 drivers are just as old as yours and is working fine for me in 64bit Windows 10.
    http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pro...3aU8U003D&tc=6
    i've just downloaded and installed ccleaner for instance and it worked fine. i've no idea why the drivers are not installing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       14 Oct 2015 #7

    mikeyboy said: View Post
    i've just downloaded and installed ccleaner for instance and it worked fine. i've no idea why the drivers are not installing.
    Just realized this is only europe model. Uses only WiFi ? Try to Right click setup.exe and Run As Administrator.
    http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon...pport/11101/28
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    14 Oct 2015 #8

    jds63 said: View Post
    Just realized this is only europe model. Uses only WiFi ? Try to Right click setup.exe and Run As Administrator.
    http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon...pport/11101/28
    the printer hasnt been able to connect via wifi for a while now so i'm using a usb cable. again no idea why this is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    14 Oct 2015 #9

    have tried to install the setup for the printer from epson site it said 'failed to decompress the archive'.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       14 Oct 2015 #10

    mikeyboy said: View Post
    the printer hasnt been able to connect via wifi for a while now so i'm using a usb cable. again no idea why this is.
    Still trying to figure out why it is stopping you, did try to run as admin ? Usually printer should not be hooked until it tells you to, at least is way for me with mine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver in Drivers and Hardware
Hope this may be of help to someone.:) The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
The Stylus Pro 7600 is now a really old printer, the last supported driver was for XP but it worked in Windows 7 and I believe to some extent in 8 although I never did try it. It s a really good reliable large format printer though and very...
Have got an EPSON Stylus Office BX300F. I can still print but the Scanner part has stopped since I upgraded to Windows 10. I have been on the Epson site and got new Drivers for Printer ok. Nothing for the scanner. This is an all in one...
cannot uninstall Epson Printer in Drivers and Hardware
Following upgrade to 10 I need to uninstall Epson Printer and reinstall. have initiated uninstall but it will not complete the process. Anyone any ideas how to achieve this please?
hi I have recently took the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8 how ever now my Epson dx8400 all in one printer will not be recognized by 10 worked fine on 8 just plugged usb in and set up automatically 10 wont pick up at all ive downloaded...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:53.
Find Us