Windows 10: D: Drive Gone After Power Cut

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    19 Sep 2015 #11

    I hate to say it because it shows just how little I know but when I went into bios, I didn't know what to look at to see if it was there, I looked at everything but I couldn't even find anything about the C: drive so im sure I did something wrong
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       19 Sep 2015 #12

    Could be different with each BIOS, Bios features. MSI one you lists has few different models, can you provide exact model, that way we can check for you. Go to manufacturer's site for manual
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    19 Sep 2015 #13

    jds63 said: View Post
    Could be different with each BIOS, Bios features. MSI one you lists has few different models, can you provide exact model, that way we can check for you. Go to manufacturer's site for manual
    Took a bit but I found the box gaming G series gs70 stealth is that better?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 Sep 2015 #14

    Also I checked and it seems to be properly connected. Also I don't think the computer would scan and repair it for 5 hours if it was not, but honestly I wouldn't know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       19 Sep 2015 #15

    Tutore said: View Post
    Also I checked and it seems to be properly connected. Also I don't think the computer would scan and repair it for 5 hours if it was not, but honestly I wouldn't know.
    I can not find anything in a manual about BIOS. See model here http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS70-S...#hero-overview
    Yes, true, but scanned it, but was still not there, maybe tried to repair but could not this we do not know, rechecking connections is good idea. I would go through all you see in BIOS and eventually will see section for drives, boot section, bios feature section.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       19 Sep 2015 #16

    Tutore said: View Post
    I hate to say it because it shows just how little I know but when I went into bios, I didn't know what to look at to see if it was there, I looked at everything but I couldn't even find anything about the C: drive so im sure I did something wrong
    jds63 said: View Post
    I can not find anything in a manual about BIOS. See model here http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS70-S...#hero-overview
    Yes, true, but scanned it, but was still not there, maybe tried to repair but could not this we do not know, rechecking connections is good idea. I would go through all you see in BIOS and eventually will see section for drives, boot section, bios feature section.
    Hi Tutore,

    Have a look at the two pictures below. (Thanks to HardwareHeaven).
    Source: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2013/0...ptop-review/5/

    In picture 1, on "Main" tab, ckick on SATA Information"
    That should take you to something like picture 2 that shows the installed Sata drives detected by the Bios on their test machine (An MSI GS70 Stealth)

    Does your equivalent screen two show your missing drive? Please take a photo and post up if you are unsure.

    pic #1Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	38357


    pic #2Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	38356
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       19 Sep 2015 #17

    nice work WhyMe !!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    19 Sep 2015 #18

    Sorry for the sudden radio silence, I went into bios again and asssumed I missed something I stumbled onto what whyme has and basically it looks right, it has the C: drive and D: drive both shown clear as day. Which leads me to believe that the issue is that just somehow the computer cant well... see the D: drive. So I have to ask. How do I fix that?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    19 Sep 2015 #19

    Oh right I didnt explain why I didnt post. It went into a D: drive repair again once I left bios and I decided to let it go. After it finished the D: drive was still not accessible.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    19 Sep 2015 #20

    In case this helps I tried going to file:///D:/ in chrome and it said error file not found but file:///C:/ worked just fine. All of this seems so strange to me since its very clearly still connected and the computer knows its there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Hello, When I was running Windows 7, my system had a small solid state C drive that did not have enough space for windows 10 upgrade. I got a larger 2TB regular hard disk and used the manufacturer's software to clone the old Windows-7 SSD C drive...
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and post that It was working fine without any issues. I have two external drive connected to it. 1. 1 TB Iomega powered drive. - now RAW 2. 2TB seagate external drive. The 1tb drive suddenly became RAW and I...
Hi there Thanks to topgundcp here's how to remove One Drive from File explorer after a reboot. OneDrive Integration in Windows 8.1 - Enable or Disable 1.Win+R->gpedit.msc 2.Navigate to: Computer Configuration\Administrative...
Hi. I just installed a small ssd drive to be used by a program as a temp drive. Now that i've set the app to use G: as temp drive, i do not need to interact with the drive again. Set it and forget it. So how do i hide the drive from explorer...
This will hopefully make it much easier to use wireless charging for your mobile devices. Source: Alliance for Wireless Power and Power Matters Alliance Agree to Merge | A4WP
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:21.
Find Us