1. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 33
    Windows 8.1
       14 Sep 2015 #1

    Problems With Mouse Since Last Update


    Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need to keep clicking on a folder to open. At times I use the scroll wheel and the cursor doesn't move at all. I'm using a Logitech M325. I've not had any problems with mouse and Win 10 until after this last update.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 215
    Windows 10 Home
       14 Sep 2015 #2

    First I would review Windows Update History and see what updates were installed last Tuesday. Start with the driver updates and uninstall them one at a time. After each uninstall check you mouse and see how it is working. Continue until you find the update that is giving your mouse trouble.
    After you find out which one it is, download this tool and hide that update. If you don't, it will just install again. I don't know what to tell you if its a security update. Your not suppose to hide those.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...source=twitter
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 80
    Windows 10 64bit
       15 Sep 2015 #3

    Are you using the default MS mouse drivers or the Logitech mouse drivers? There are problems reported on the Logitech forums between Logitech drivers and Win 10. I have a Logitech mouse and have not installed the Logitech drivers and my mouse works fine.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 33
    Windows 8.1
       15 Sep 2015 #4

    ram1220 said: View Post
    Are you using the default MS mouse drivers or the Logitech mouse drivers? There are problems reported on the Logitech forums between Logitech drivers and Win 10. I have a Logitech mouse and have not installed the Logitech drivers and my mouse works fine.
    I was Logitech mouse and I was having no problems until we got the last update "Cumulative Update for Win 64bit KB3081455". This is when I started to have the problems. I thought it was the battery, so, I put a new battery in. Still had the same problem. Then I bought another Logitech mouse, and I'm still having problems with the new mouse. I thought I was never going to get it to the place so I could answer this post. No, I've not downloaded Logitech drivers. I bought at Staples, and Logitech is about all they sell. Saw 1 for Microsoft and 1 for Staples brand. I checked devces, in Control Panel, and I saw compatible.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10
       30 Sep 2015 #5

    I'm having the same problem(s) with a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I'm typing along on the keyboard and it suddenly stops typing and then starts working again or the delete key doesn't work for several clicks and then all of a sudden it does. The mouse cursor will often jump all over the place, disappear, or just freeze. These things just happen briefly and then everything is OK for a while. This type of thing did happen occasionally with W8 and 8.1 but replacing the batteries solved it. I've changed the batteries in my keyboard and mouse this time but no change. If it's a driver issue, I have no idea what drivers I'm using. Whatever I'm using are, I assume, what I was using before going to Win 10.

    Oh, yes, in case it helps, the keyboard model is K350 and the mouse is M510.

    How do I find out what drivers I'm using and/or update them?

    Thanks in advance...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 33
    Windows 8.1
       30 Sep 2015 #6

    I finally tried everything I could think of, like you I changed batteries too, even in the new mouse. Finally I moved the usb for the mouse to another location on my computer and it has been working correctly ever since. I don't know the correct name for it, but I call it a pigtail. It plugs into 1 spot for USB's and has 4 extra plug in places hanging from the one I plugged in on it. I plugged the usb for the mouse into one of those, and it works perfectly now. It seems I read some where about getting it farther away from your modum and WiFi. It's been awhile and I'm not absoutely sure about the modum and WiFi.



    Wadi said: View Post
    I'm having the same problem(s) with a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I'm typing along on the keyboard and it suddenly stops typing and then starts working again or the delete key doesn't work for several clicks and then all of a sudden it does. The mouse cursor will often jump all over the place, disappear, or just freeze. These things just happen briefly and then everything is OK for a while. This type of thing did happen occasionally with W8 and 8.1 but replacing the batteries solved it. I've changed the batteries in my keyboard and mouse this time but no change. If it's a driver issue, I have no idea what drivers I'm using. Whatever I'm using are, I assume, what I was using before going to Win 10.

    Oh, yes, in case it helps, the keyboard model is K350 and the mouse is M510.

    How do I find out what drivers I'm using and/or update them?

    Thanks in advance...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10
       01 Oct 2015 #7

    Sonjstar said: View Post
    I finally tried everything I could think of, like you I changed batteries too, even in the new mouse. Finally I moved the usb for the mouse to another location on my computer and it has been working correctly ever since. I don't know the correct name for it, but I call it a pigtail. It plugs into 1 spot for USB's and has 4 extra plug in places hanging from the one I plugged in on it. I plugged the usb for the mouse into one of those, and it works perfectly now. It seems I read some where about getting it farther away from your modum and WiFi. It's been awhile and I'm not absoutely sure about the modum and WiFi.
    Thanks! Reading this was a real head-slapper for me because I had thought of this possibility at one point and then forgotten to try it.

    I have some spare USB ports and have switched the gadget for the keyboard and mouse to another one. Let's see what happens-- or, more correctly, what doesn't happen!

    Thanks again.

    (I went back to change a couple of words here and my keyboard froze for a few letters and then caught up. Ugh. Maybe a restart will finish the job. Fingers crossed.)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Scrolling on mouse pad doesn't work with Windows 10 update
Hello everyone! I updated to Windows 10 this morning, and after doing so realized that my side scrolling on my mouse pad (I'm on a laptop) doesn't work anymore. Googled, found out it was a driver issue, and went to download the correct driver. ...
Drivers and Hardware
Problems with mouse pointer scheme
I recently upgraded to windows 10 which went well except my pointer "hid" behind popups. Everything worked, if my pointer went over a selection it would highlight the selection and I could select with no problem, I just couldn't see my pointer. I...
General Support
Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt
Windows was requiring an update, so I let windows run the update, and a restart was required. After the restart several things did not load, or load properly. 1. First thing I noticed is, I never liked a simple white mouse cursor, so I use a...
General Support
Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update
Hello I am trying to figure out why I can not use my keyboard or mouse after updating to Windows 10. I can not even use mu usb mouse or keyboard... My laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E-S01UB. Thanks for any help!
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 mouse Problems
Problem solved
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums