Group policy blocking MS Graphic driver


  1. Posts : 6
    Wi 10 pro
       #1

    Group policy blocking MS Graphic driver


    Hi. I have a problem with my screen goes black a few seconds + screen resolution changing, and have read about how Microsoft graphic driver can can cause problems with my Amd Adrenalin driver. Part of the solution should be going to the group policy editor and stop the MS driver from there. Now my question goes; when i block the MS graphic driver.. will i then also block other drivers for my system.. or is it “only” the MS graphic driver?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,049
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #2

    Your AMD graphics driver should install without any interference from any MS drivers.
    Your AMD graphics driver, downloaded from the AMD website, has a later date than the MS driver so it always takes precedence over it.

    Are you saying that this is not happening?


    Denis
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 6
    Wi 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Try3 said:
    Your AMD graphics driver should install without any interference from any MS drivers.
    Your AMD graphics driver, downloaded from the AMD website, has a later date than the MS driver so it always takes precedence over it.

    Are you saying that this is not happening?


    Denis
    yes i suspect that the random crashes fx also with VLC video player / screen flickering and change of screen resolution (without my intervention) is caused by the MS graphic driver conflicting with the newest Amd Arenalin ditto ��
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 17,049
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #4

    But the MS graphics driver should not be installed and does not, therefore, have any effect at all.

    What does Device manager, Display adapters show?
    Run it with the command
    devmgmt.msc
    or by right-clicking on the Start button & selecting it from the list.
    Group policy blocking MS Graphic driver-device-mgr-display-driver-example.png


    Denis
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 6
    Wi 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Try3 said:
    But the MS graphics driver should not be installed and does not, therefore, have any effect at all.

    What does Device manager, Display adapters show?
    Run it with the command
    devmgmt.msc
    or by right-clicking on the Start button & selecting it from the list.
    Group policy blocking MS Graphic driver-device-mgr-display-driver-example.png


    Denis
    I am away from my computer right now.. will try your suggestion later. Much appreciated…
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 17,049
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #6

    Understood.

    I should have added this in case you want to post a screenshot of your own Device manager.
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files - TenForumsTutorials


    Denis
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 6
    Wi 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Try3 said:
    But the MS graphics driver should not be installed and does not, therefore, have any effect at all.

    What does Device manager, Display adapters show?
    Run it with the command
    devmgmt.msc
    or by right-clicking on the Start button & selecting it from the list.
    Group policy blocking MS Graphic driver-device-mgr-display-driver-example.png


    Denis
    Cant seem to find the way to upload a picture, but anyhow.. it says : "skaermkort" (danish for graphics card): AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics.. which puts me back to the start with no clue whatsoever
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 17,049
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #8

    ThunderBra said:
    Cant seem to find the way to upload a picture
    In short, click on the Group policy blocking MS Graphic driver-editing-toolbar-picture-icon.png icon in the editing toolbar as you write your post, click on Browse then find & select your picture, click on Open, click on Upload.
    The tutorial lists allowed file types & their size limits.


    ThunderBra said:
    it says : "skaermkort" (danish for graphics card): AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics.
    Therefore, the MS graphics driver is not loaded and has no bearing on your current problem at all.


    I suggest your first response should be to go to the AMD website then download & reinstall your graphics driver even if it is the same version as the one you have now.



    Best of luck,
    Denis
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6
    Wi 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Try3 said:
    In short, click on the Group policy blocking MS Graphic driver-editing-toolbar-picture-icon.png icon in the editing toolbar as you write your post, click on Browse then find & select your picture, click on Open, click on Upload.
    The tutorial lists allowed file types & their size limits.



    Therefore, the MS graphics driver is not loaded and has no bearing on your current problem at all.


    I suggest your first response should be to go to the AMD website then download & reinstall your graphics driver even if it is the same version as the one you have now.



    Best of luck,
    Denis
    I will try that, thankyou
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums