USB format problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 17,013
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #11

    FreeBooter said:
    I grow up at United Kingdom stay there for 40 years no one complain about my English or difficulty understanding me but some reason i start making videos some of you cannot understand me i wonder why.
    Imperfect audio recording and/or playback frequency response.
    The people you talked to in the UK were not having to listen to your processed voice but to your voice directly.
    You know what your voice sounds like so, when you play your recordings, you can easily compensate for audio quality without even recognising that you are doing so. Others can not necessarily cope.

    It would be a bit different for me. I'm from South London and we don't have accents round here. It's everybody else in the world that have accents, not us.

    All the best,
    Denis
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,347
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
       #12

    Try3 said:
    Imperfect audio recording and/or playback frequency response.
    The people you talked to in the UK were not having to listen to your processed voice but to your voice directly.
    You know what your voice sounds like so, when you play your recordings, you can easily compensate for audio quality without even recognising that you are doing so. Others can not necessarily cope.

    It would be a bit different for me. I'm from South London and we don't have accents round here. It's everybody else in the world that have accents, not us.

    All the best,
    Denis
    I asked my friends for US to listen to me they said i have accent but they can understand me without problem anyhow not much i can do if some cannot understand me my videos will be for those who can understand me.
      My Computer


  3. WXC
    Posts : 13,170
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 19045.4046
       #13

    Try3 said:
    I'm from South London and we don't have accents round here. It's everybody else in the world that have accents, not us.
    ...and all this time, I thought you didn't have a sense of humor!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 17,013
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #14

    FreeBooter said:
    I asked my friends for US to listen to me they said i have accent but they can understand me without problem anyhow not much i can do if some cannot understand me my videos will be for those who can understand me.
    If you wrote and posted a transcript with each video then that would help.
    I'm biased, I don't like 'help' videos anyway. They are serial comms. A transcript changes that.


    All the best,
    Denis
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 15,502
    Windows10
       #15

    Try3 said:
    Imperfect audio recording and/or playback frequency response.
    The people you talked to in the UK were not having to listen to your processed voice but to your voice directly.
    You know what your voice sounds like so, when you play your recordings, you can easily compensate for audio quality without even recognising that you are doing so. Others can not necessarily cope.

    It would be a bit different for me. I'm from South London and we don't have accents round here. It's everybody else in the world that have accents, not us.

    All the best,
    Denis
    Gor blimey guv - yer 'aving a laff.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 17,013
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170
       #16

    longshanks70 said:
    I am having difficulties with some of my usb sticks, each time I plug one in it tells me I have to "format drive before you can use it"
    when I try to do this the drop down format box it only shows 2.49 Gb when the drive is a 64 Gb device then when I try It says the device is write protected. Some help please.
    longshanks,

    I suggest you try some of your USB sticks in another computer just in case it's a computer fault causing the problem.
    I don't think it is likely but doing the test should resolve any doubt.


    cereberus said:
    Gor blimey guv - yer 'aving a laff.
    And I hadn't even ranted about that horrible accent from them what's north of the water
    WXC said:
    ... a sense of humor!
    or the correct spelling of humour.



    All the best,
    Denis
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 15,502
    Windows10
       #17

    Try3 said:
    longshanks,

    I suggest you try some of your USB sticks in another computer just in case it's a computer fault causing the problem.
    I don't think it is likely but doing the test should resolve any doubt.



    And I hadn't even ranted about that horrible accent from them what's north of the water

    or the correct spelling of humour.



    All the best,
    Denis
    I'm furver sarf than you are.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5,347
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
       #18

    Try3 said:
    If you wrote and posted a transcript with each video then that would help.
    I'm biased, I don't like 'help' videos anyway. They are serial comms. A transcript changes that.


    All the best,
    Denis
    I don't need to YouTube doing good job of subtitling my none understanding spoken English language how i have no clue magic.
    Last edited by FreeBooter; 25 May 2023 at 04:36.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2,209
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit v23H2
       #19

    You haven't posted a screenshot of Disk Management showing the flash drive.

    Here is one of my flash drives with Memtest86 (UEFI) on it. It is on the F: partition. When I plug it in Windows wants to format the G: partition.

    USB format problems-2023-05-24-17_39_23-disk-management2.jpg
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums