Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       30 Aug 2015 #11

    caperjack said: View Post
    maybe the issue is with the 2 year old 3.0 usb card's drivers, and the Black x5 get bad reviews on newegg.ca for doing what you are describing
    Well I've had them installed for like I said for 2 years, was NEVER a problem under win 7. Was not a problem under win 10 till these last updates were installed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,908
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       30 Aug 2015 #12

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well I've had them installed for like I said for 2 years, was NEVER a problem under win 7. Was not a problem under win 10 till these last updates were installed.
    so now it time for the usb 3 card make to catch up to the latest win10 I guess ,maybe next update will fix it ,win10 is new don't forget ,and just may have been released to soon ,maybe uninstall the last updates till next updates fixes it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       30 Aug 2015 #13

    caperjack said: View Post
    so now it time for the usb 3 card make to catch up to the latest win10 I guess ,maybe next update will fix it ,win10 is new don't forget ,and just may have been released to soon ,maybe uninstall the last updates till next updates fixes it
    Well I agree with this statement 100% sir!! I know exactly what you mean and totally agree. This is not my 1st rodeo, at 65 years of age used to many versions of windows. But can still get me a tad pissed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,908
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       30 Aug 2015 #14

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well I agree with this statement 100% sir!! I know exactly what you mean and totally agree. This is not my 1st rodeo, at 65 years of age used to many versions of windows. But can still get me a tad pissed.
    I hear you, im over 60 too and easily pissed by windows over the years but my win10 runs fine no issues that pissed me off ,so I bought a Raspberry Pi to get pissed at ,and is IT working for me ,lol
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       30 Aug 2015 #15

    caperjack said: View Post
    I hear you, im over 60 too and easily pissed by windows over the years but my win10 runs fine no issues that pissed me off ,so I bought a Raspberry Pi to get pissed at ,and is IT working for me ,lol
    Quick question for you caperjack when you upgrade to win 10, did you do a fresh install later?? I have not yet.....really don't want to because of all the registered programs installed and all the registration codes that I would have to re-enter.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,908
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       30 Aug 2015 #16

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Quick question for you caperjack when you upgrade to win 10, did you do a fresh install later?? I have not yet.....really don't want to because of all the registered programs installed and all the registration codes that I would have to re-enter.
    On my main computer I'm still running a fresh install of the insider preview, but I just did a upgrade on my older acre one netbook from 7strter to win10home all went well ,so then the next day I did the fresh install of win10 and it went well.but I didn't have any registered software on the acer to be concerned about
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 839
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #17

    I have two printers installed under Win10, both of which have memory card readers, and NEITHER shows up in the manner you're saying. Sounds like a configuration problem, to me.

    I would Remove the printer, download the printer software and drivers from the printer's website -- and reinstall the printer using those.

    I had serious problems with an HP All-in-One in Win10 until I did just that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,943
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       30 Aug 2015 #18

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    I have two printers installed under Win10, both of which have memory card readers, and NEITHER shows up in the manner you're saying. Sounds like a configuration problem, to me.

    I would Remove the printer, download the printer software and drivers from the printer's website -- and reinstall the printer using those.

    I had serious problems with an HP All-in-One in Win10 until I did just that.
    Thanks Mark, I was thinking the same thing. Did have a few users tell me that was normal and sounded fine to them. But I have NEVER seen windows do that to any printers I've had before. I've been downloading the files from Canon yesterday, and picked up 2 more today. Looking at C drive using Everything (great little free program) I have canon dirs. and files all over my C drive. Some even related to a Canon Bubble jet, which I've never owned. Grin. After I remove all the files from the HD, then I also remove them from my registry. Their won't be nothing left. Take care Mark.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 839
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #19

    But I have NEVER seen windows do that to any printers I've had before.
    Well, I've been using this same HP 8500 All-in-One since the days of Win7, which found it and installed the drivers without any problems. Upgrade to Win8 added no problems. It was Win10 that had serious problems with it.

    But I also have an Epson printer and Win10 found that, installed the drivers, and it works without issues.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,908
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       30 Aug 2015 #20

    mine works ok,I don't have a printer ,lol
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Device manager in This PC context menu for windows 10
Hi all, I look for adding Device manager in THIS PC context menu. The tip for win 8x don't work with 10. Tried to use reg files from here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/215340-device-manager-add-remove-my-computer-context-menu.html ...
Customization
Solved Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?
Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection?? Its also listed correctly under printers too. Should I remove it from being listed under disk drives?? or leave it alone? Thanks...
General Support
Deleted Elan touchpad from Device Manager
Hey guys, I updated to windows 10 and when i am gaming i prefer to put my touchpad(from Elan) OFF but i couldnt it kept making me move in different positions in the game when i accidently made contact with it . The shortcutkey of disable/enable...
Drivers and Hardware
Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information
Is there any chance that the Device Manager in Win 10 allows the user to copy and paste information like Driver File Details when troubleshooting? In my experience Windows has often displayed 'help information' or 'error messages' that can only be...
General Support
build 10166 device manager
Have a look at the new mmc snap-in manager, right click view customise NICE Roy
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums