Windows 10: Latest Version of AirPrint works on Windows 10

  1. XweAponX's Avatar
    Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       29 Aug 2015 #1

    Latest Version of AirPrint works on Windows 10


    From here:

    How to enable AirPrint for Windows

    Seems like they updated the zip package. I had been having trouble because I have an ancient Brother HL-1230 LaserJet printer, the drivers require NTVDM (16 bit support). I had to use the drivers made for XP to get the printer working, but under Windows 10 I have not been able to connect my XP system to the shared Brother printer. I can connect under Windows 8.0.

    But for anyone who uses AirPrint to allow printing from their iDevices, iPhones, iPads, iPods, Apple Watch etc. - I wasn't sure if it would work under 10, it does. Just follow the instructions. They don't say it, but after you finish everything on the site, then open up Bonjour Printer Wizard and if your printer is not showing as shared immediately, you will have to add it, have the path to your driver OEM INF file on your clipboard- I keep my printer drivers extracted out to a folder off my C drive just in case I need to locate them quickly. But I just printed an article from Mobile Safari which I needed, and if my ancient printer works, then newer ones ought not have any problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Jan 2016 #2

    I need to add my printer to the Bonjour Printer Wizard, and have the path for my printer's .inf file. How do I go about adding it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       20 Jan 2016 #3

    AirPrint Installer for Windows


    UPDATE: January 20, 2016
    Windows 10 Pro clean install running on desktop
    iOS 7 running on iPad 3

    This is what worked for me to get my trusty Brother HL-2270dw laser printer to function as an AirPrint printer. The latest Windows 10 no longer has a built in Guest account so you must use a user account to get past the padlock icon. My windows account has no password so your results may differ. You must have iTunes (Bonjour) already installed and your printer setup as a shared printer on your PC.

    1. Download AirPrint Installer 1.3 written by elpamsoft from here

    2. Extract the zipped download and open the README.txt file

    3. Follow the README directions exactly
    3.1. I selected Windows User Account and Allow Blank Password
    3.2. Since I had a clean install of Windows 10 Pro I was prompted to download and install .NET Framework 3.5 which I did

    4. After restarting, you will see AirPrint for Windows in the system firewall and an AirPrint directory in C:\Program Files (x86)

    5. On your iOS device, verify printing from Mail or Safari and leave the password blank

    Note: Being paranoid, I created a system restore point to fall back on. I didn't follow exact instructions the first time and was forced to add a nonblank password to my windows user account. I restored my system and then after following the exact order in the README file. I did not have to create a password to get past the padlock. If all else fails, just use a password and enjoy your FREE AirPrint enabled printer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    26 Jan 2016 #4

    brewmasterthis said: View Post
    UPDATE: January 20, 2016
    Windows 10 Pro clean install running on desktop
    iOS 7 running on iPad 3

    This is what worked for me to get my trusty Brother HL-2270dw laser printer to function as an AirPrint printer. The latest Windows 10 no longer has a built in Guest account so you must use a user account to get past the padlock icon. My windows account has no password so your results may differ. You must have iTunes (Bonjour) already installed and your printer setup as a shared printer on your PC.

    1. Download AirPrint Installer 1.3 written by elpamsoft from here

    2. Extract the zipped download and open the README.txt file

    3. Follow the README directions exactly
    3.1. I selected Windows User Account and Allow Blank Password
    3.2. Since I had a clean install of Windows 10 Pro I was prompted to download and install .NET Framework 3.5 which I did

    4. After restarting, you will see AirPrint for Windows in the system firewall and an AirPrint directory in C:\Program Files (x86)

    5. On your iOS device, verify printing from Mail or Safari and leave the password blank

    Note: Being paranoid, I created a system restore point to fall back on. I didn't follow exact instructions the first time and was forced to add a nonblank password to my windows user account. I restored my system and then after following the exact order in the README file. I did not have to create a password to get past the padlock. If all else fails, just use a password and enjoy your FREE AirPrint enabled printer.
    Hi.

    I have follow this instructions and the printer shows up in my Iphone6 but it ask for a username and password.
    I have tried every logins I have and even with it blank. Any ideas how to get it working?

    Thanks

    Jocke
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       26 Jan 2016 #5

    Jocke said: View Post
    Hi.

    I have follow this instructions and the printer shows up in my Iphone6 but it ask for a username and password.
    I have tried every logins I have and even with it blank. Any ideas how to get it working?

    Thanks

    Jocke
    My PC only has one account which has admin privilege. Not sure if that is a factor but after I created a password for it I was able to get past the padlock with that username and password. Try changing the password and use the new password (obviously).

    If that doesn't work, try restoring a system restore point if you made one prior to installing airprint and repeat the process.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    09 Mar 2016 #6

    AirPrint - enable public/guest printer share


    I had trouble with my iOS devices seeing my shared printer (Windows 10 Pro with AirPrint) after I turned on the HomeGroup feature.

    The problem was solved by allowing Public/Guest to see shares.
    Control Panel: Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings
    - Guest or Public > Turn on network discovery

    I created an AirPrint user. To add a little more security:
    - Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment
    - in "Deny log on locally", I added AirPrint

    Now my iOS devices (and those of visitors) on my WiFi network can print using AirPrint.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    19 Mar 2016 #7

    pkabal said: View Post
    I created an AirPrint user. To add a little more security:
    - Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment
    - in "Deny log on locally", I added AirPrint

    Now my iOS devices (and those of visitors) on my WiFi network can print using AirPrint.
    Hi pkabal. I created an AirPrint user too, but if I Deny LogOn Locally to this user, it prevents me from printing.
    The printer has the padlock, I enter the username (password is blank) and it doesn't accept it.

    If the user is allowed to logon interactively then it works fine but I don't want this account to be logged on to on my desktop.

    How did you get this to work ? Did you set a password for AirPrint user perhaps?

    Thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    14 Apr 2018 #8

    I followed the instruction of the Readme.txt and now my iPhone can "see" my printers, but I am getting a message saying "The Security of the connection [of printer name] cannot be verified" and there is no option to actually print (I know what this option would look like because I am able to print wirelessly at work because the printer there is Airprint compatible).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8744.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	184745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8743.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	184746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8742.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	184747

    I turned off firewall but that made no difference. Any ideas? (Bonjour is installed but I didn't touch it.)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    22 Jul 2018 #9

    I found another post that stated setting up guest account on PC. It worked for me. Go to control panel/user accounts/manage another account/turn on guest account. restart you computer and give it another shot . my lock symbol went away and I could print immediately!

    Calisson said: View Post
    I followed the instruction of the Readme.txt and now my iPhone can "see" my printers, but I am getting a message saying "The Security of the connection [of printer name] cannot be verified" and there is no option to actually print (I know what this option would look like because I am able to print wirelessly at work because the printer there is Airprint compatible).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8744.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	184745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8743.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	184746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8742.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	184747

    I turned off firewall but that made no difference. Any ideas? (Bonjour is installed but I didn't touch it.)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    23 Jul 2018 #10

    Thanks. But does that mean that every time you want to airprint from your iPhone you have to physically go to your PC, log out of your profile, log in as a guest, then go back to your iPhone and print? By the time I did that it would seem easier to just email myself whatever I want to print and print directly from the PC.

    Also, Windows 10 doesn't have a built in Guest account that one can just turn on and off. Setting one up is done via the command prompt and is far less straightforward. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-guest-account-windows-10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Latest version of Java in Software and Apps
Download Java for Windows Link to offline installer: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems Recommended Version 8 Update 191 Release Date 16 October 2018 145927
Latest CCleaner Version Released in Software and Apps
Latest CCleaner Version Released CCleaner 5.47.6716 Release Date: September 20, 2018 CCleaner Download Link Be sure to look at the Install Options to uncheck any potential PUPs to prevent them getting installed along with CCleaner....
Latest version of Avast Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Latest Version of Avast Antivirus Released WHQL Version: 17.7.2314 (free version) Release Date: October 4th 2017 Release Notes What's new:
Both are turned off in Programs and Features>Features and when I try to turn them on I get this: 13110 Seems to relate to Net Framework 3.5.1 so I installed it but it won't help. XPS Printer doesn't appear in Devices, so I installed it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07.
Find Us